Presidential Suite No longer available on Allure sailings

Royal Caribbean just called me about the Presidential Suite not being available anymore, 3 weeks before sail date!!! They are replacing it with two Royal Family Suites. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Not with that particular suite, but there were some threads about another cabin/cabins that were being taken out of service and remade into something else...and folks were NOT happy to be bumped out of their chosen location....fortunately, there were other cabins of the same category for them to be moved to.....a bit different from your situation!

Royal Caribbean just called me about the Presidential Suite not being available anymore, 3 weeks before sail date!!! They are replacing it with two Royal Family Suites. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

They removed it from the Oasis too. Here is a thread from someone who lost their cabin too.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2130155&highlight=presidential+suite+oasis

They removed it from the Oasis too. Here is a thread from someone who lost their cabin too.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2130155&highlight=presidential+suite+oasis

That was my response to them. They did it to the Oasis, knew the Allure was going into dry dock with similar changes, yet waited til 3 weeks before the sail date to let us know?? Really? They said they were sorry!! They reduced the price and gave some shipboard credit. But this is a large family reunion and were using this cabin for family gatherings and a birthday celebration. They have ruined it for all 20 of us, not just those in this cabin.

Its just wrong and not good business....they knew!!!!

Edited by Peacemkr59

So you are now in one RFS? Did they give you any compensation?

No we were 8 people in the Presidential Suite so they put us in the two Royal Family Suites that will be replacing the Presidential Suite, they do not connect!! And of course there is no large gathering space in either suite which we were using for a family reunion/birthday celebration!!

No we were 8 people in the Presidential Suite so they put us in the two Royal Family Suites that will be replacing the Presidential Suite, they do not connect!! And of course there is no large gathering space in either suite which we were using for a family reunion/birthday celebration!!

I wonder if they would consider letting you move to a Freedom class ship, which still has the PFS?

I wonder if they would consider letting you move to a Freedom class ship, which still has the PFS?

Don't think that would work as we are 20 people leaving out of Barcelona, don't think they will pay for the Business class airfare that several family members have already purchased as well as hotels and private tours!! I understand that they must make changes but 3 weeks is just not an acceptable amount of time to give people!

The balconies will connect giving you the exact same space as before when it was the PS and access to both cabins. Have the divider opened.

beat me to it, seems like a reasonable solution when you count in the price reductions. FWIW, the Oasis change were discussed in nauseum for months.

hope it works out

Looking at the new deck plans and it does show that they connect, but I was told that they didn't. Wish they could give you accurate information in a timely manner...is that too much to ask for?

In my experience, the deck plans have been much more accurate than info from customer service reps.

The balconies will connect giving you the exact same space as before when it was the PS and access to both cabins. Have the divider opened.

While in theory, its the same amount of space, its being used differently and obviously to their advantage. They have eliminated the dining table in the cabin as well as on the balcony which would have been perfect for the family gatherings. Can't do anything about it now...it doesn't exist anymore :(

Looking at the new deck plans and it does show that they connect, but I was told that they didn't. Wish they could give you accurate information in a timely manner...is that too much to ask for?

Are these the cabin numbers? If so, this thread says they are connecting.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2167696&highlight=12638

While in theory, its the same amount of space, its being used differently and obviously to their advantage. They have eliminated the dining table in the cabin as well as on the balcony which would have been perfect for the family gatherings. Can't do anything about it now...it doesn't exist anymore :(

Along with getting the balcony divider and the interior connecting doors opened I would ask for a table to be put back since it seems you are still in discussions. If they agree get a confirm email and also ask them to cc the ship. You will have a great time on the ship

Edited by setsail

Yes thank you so much for the link! They do sound nice and I like that they brought them a table for the outside at least!!

I would email the guy from that thread and ask for more pictures. He put his email in the thread so can't hurt to ask.

• 3 months later...
Just did and thanks again!!!

Just wondering how things worked out for you in the RFS's and if you have pictures you could post or send me? I am specifically interested in what furniture is on the balcony of 12648. Are there 2 lounge chairs and a dining table with chairs?

Thanks for your help.