Allure- favorite things to do when you first board

Hello All,

Would love to hear recommendations for the best things to do the first few hours on board. We are departing from Barcelona in June and are so excited to explore the ship! Have not been on this class before.

I'm thinking about arriving around 10:30-11:00??

Where should we go for lunch? Any suggestions for bargains on booking on board spa treatments, etc. Any places to visit before it gets too crowded?

Any tips for appreciated!

We board as early as possible, then go check out our table assignment in MDR.

We love to have a leisurely lunch in Giovanni's--it's $15 for lunch, and well worth it! If you don't want a big lunch, definitely go to Park Café for a great panino and soup. The mushroom soup is awesome.

By now, cabins are open and we go drop off carry ons, put on swimsuits and go to the solarium pool for my 1st "umbrella drink".

This also may be the time to change your dinner seating if you didn't like your table location or size.

Now back to the room to unpack then explore until muster drill.

Barb

Roastbeef Sandwich at Park Café for lunch right after boarding... that´s my plan for tomorrow :D!

The rest of the afternoon will be Kids facilities and Spa for photos (as this is the only day they are open for everyone). Unpacking. Muster drill, departure...

steamboats

Solarium is pretty nice too for lunch on embarkation day. Not too many people find their way up there.

steamboats

Does the Solarium allow children for lunch? I am bringing an 11 and 12 year old. The Park Café was way to crowded for us last time.

The Solarium Bistro is open for everyone (breakfast and lunch). The Solarium itself is 16 y and up.

It´s my favorite place for breakfast as I prefer Bircher Muesli which they don´t have in the Windjammer.

BTW, another thing you have to do on embarkation day: As soon as you enter your cabin, check your TV and check your show bookings!! If they are all messed up go to (pretty likely) Studio B and let the folks there get your bookings together again.

steamboats

Silly question... We are boarding Allure in Rome for the first day of our cruise. It is our understanding that others will already be on the ship from Barcelona.

Question is... Since the cruise will already technically "be in progress" won't the cabins be open as soon as we board the ship? How will they block off cabins to some but not to all? I would think that those already on the ship would have to have access to their cabins. However, I understand the need also for the cabin steward to turn around the cabin for newly arriving passengers.

Does anyone know the answer to this question?

We love to go straight to Vintages away from the crowds. Sit and have a Sangria with tapas for lunch. It's a nice quiet spot and there is plenty of room to bring your carry on bags as well.

Is Solarium Bistro less busy than Park Cafe? From what I hear, the secret is out about Park Cafe in embarkment day.

Yes, we found the Solarium Cafe less crowded than Park Cafe, especially on embarkation day.

• 2 weeks later...
We love to go straight to Vintages away from the crowds. Sit and have a Sangria with tapas for lunch. It's a nice quiet spot and there is plenty of room to bring your carry on bags as well.

Probably a silly question but does Vintages serve food? Would this be a good place to go for lunch on debarkation?

Probably a silly question but does Vintages serve food? Would this be a good place to go for lunch on debarkation?

Vintages on Oasis class serve small snacks called Tapas, for extra cost.

Silly question... We are boarding Allure in Rome for the first day of our cruise. It is our understanding that others will already be on the ship from Barcelona.

Question is... Since the cruise will already technically "be in progress" won't the cabins be open as soon as we board the ship? How will they block off cabins to some but not to all? I would think that those already on the ship would have to have access to their cabins. However, I understand the need also for the cabin steward to turn around the cabin for newly arriving passengers.

Does anyone know the answer to this question?

We boarded in Rome and the cabins were ready by 1pm. 1,400 guests boarded and we were told that will be the maximum number for Rome. The halls are open like a normal day and guests that embarked in Barcelona go about like a normal day. Muster was at 4:30pm. Our luggage, 2 bags, arrived before 1pm and the second bag while we were at muster. Our embarkation took 10 minutes from getting out of the transfer car to stepping on the ship. They did not keep our passports, but they did for some cruisers, we aren't certain why this occurs.

Disembarkation had 4 luggage tag groups, but we walked our suitcases off at 7:55 at the forward elevators. That way they separate the disembarking passengers from the guests from Barcelona. Barcelona guests use the aft elevators to disembark. They will keep your boarding cards to prevent you from re-boarding. That surprised me as I like to keep them, and it also proves that you were on the ship if you ever have a CA points issue. A picture with you on the ship would work as well alng with a few port of call ones. I have never experienced this, but have read about it on CC.

I am still adjusting to NA time. My body thinks I should be awake and moving. That's why I am posting at 4:30am. :rolleyes: I am planning on doing a cruise review so watch for it.:)

Edited by A&L_Ont

We boarded in Rome and the cabins were ready by 1pm. 1,400 guests boarded and we were told that will be the maximum number for Rome. The halls are open like a normal day and guests that embarked in Barcelona go about like a normal day. Muster was at 4:30pm. Our luggage, 2 bags, arrived before 1pm and the second bag while we were at muster. Our embarkation took 10 minutes from getting out of the transfer car to stepping on the ship. They did not keep our passports, but they did for some cruisers, we aren't certain why this occurs.

Disembarkation had 4 luggage tag groups, but we walked our suitcases off at 7:55 at the forward elevators. That way they separate the disembarking passengers from the guests from Barcelona. Barcelona guests use the aft elevators to disembark. They will keep your boarding cards to prevent you from re-boarding. That surprised me as I like to keep them, and it also proves that you were on the ship if you ever have a CA points issue. A picture with you on the ship would work as well alng with a few port of call ones. I have never experienced this, but have read about it on CC.

I am still adjusting to NA time. My body thinks I should be awake and moving. That's why I am posting at 4:30am. :rolleyes: I am planning on doing a cruise review so watch for it.:)

The time difference must be rough. :(

Would love to see your review.

Another vote for Park Café for lunch. Tasty sandwiches, soups, and salads. And not as chaotic as Windjammer. After we eat, we hang out on the pool deck until the staterooms open up. Be sure to pack swimsuits in your carry-on luggage if you want to hit the pool.