Express walk off in MIA, Eclipse for a noon flight from FLL

emagdnim900

HI,

We dock at 7AM on the Eclipse in MIA, and have a international flight at noon out of FLL.

If you do the math it seems like there is enough time, of course with express walk off.

Opinions?

Thanks,

Tim

Two things: Do self-disembarkation. Whatever time they suggest you line up with your luggage --- line up at least 45 min. to 1 hour ahead, so that you're one of the first in line. Your luggage will be your spot in line. You can take turns standing with it and getting a muffin and cup of coffee. That way you're literally one of the first out. We've done this several times.

Then, do not take a shuttle. They have to load up multiple people and their luggage and go to different airlines. Just grab your own taxi and be on your way.

As long as there isn't a customs problem getting off the ship, you'll be just fine.

We also were worried about taking an 11:45 am flight out of Miami. We had breakfast and walked off at 7:40 with our luggage. There were no lines at all getting off the ship. We took a private group shuttle and were at FLL at 8:30 am. We must have been lucky.

All good advice..grab early breakfast, .be early to walk off line....it can get very long...

Get a cab...worth the money...weekends are most crowded at FLL

the crowd at airport builds quickly and security line starts to back up when pax all converge to fly home..so being early at the airport is a good thing.. would rather clear thru and wait then be on line and nervous.

We also were worried about taking an 11:45 am flight out of Miami. We had breakfast and walked off at 7:40 with our luggage. There were no lines at all getting off the ship. We took a private group shuttle and were at FLL at 8:30 am. We must have been lucky.

Us too!

Any suggestions on private shared shuttle from Miami cruise port to Ft Lauderdale airport?

Thanks

Marilyn

You could check with SAS http://www.ridesas.com/

If you can find enough people on your roll call who want to join you and are willing to meet at a pre-appointed time onboard, it can work out well.

However, it I were really, really in a hurry, I'd grab a taxi on my own. You might also check cruisett, the website that lists a complete calendar of cruises to know how many other ships will be arriving/departing that day. The number of people trying to get around could affect your travel time.

If you head to the Florida board, we discuss shuttle service all the time. I've use SAS and MJS and been satisfied with both. MJS subcontracted out our service, and the sub had a great van and was quite prompt. SAS took more time. Make sure they know how early your flight is, and that you plan to be some of the first off.

Should not be a problem with a cab or private transfer. BUT, POM to FLL is normally no more than a 30 minute drive, in normal traffic. This past year, upon our return, there were 2 accidents on I95. We were staying over the night, but several people on our shuttle missed their flights. The drive took over 3 hours.

If you have not already booked, or can change your flight, I suggest a flight out of MIA rather than FLL

Edited by itsjb1

Any suggestions on private shared shuttle from Miami cruise port to Ft Lauderdale airport?

Thanks

Marilyn

In addition to SAS, suggested above, check with QLS. MJS, Jiffy Jeff and Go Airport Shuttle. A taxi from POM to FLL is about $75 on the meter - not a bad deal if there are 4+ riding together (van and SUV cabs are the same fare as standards cabs). Figure 45-60 minutes average for the drive from POM to FLL.

Two things: Do self-disembarkation. Whatever time they suggest you line up with your luggage --- line up at least 45 min. to 1 hour ahead, so that you're one of the first in line. Your luggage will be your spot in line. You can take turns standing with it and getting a muffin and cup of coffee. That way you're literally one of the first out. We've done this several times. ...

Agree!!...just make sure you line up at the correct door...We were on reflection in Jan and they had 3 signs that seemingly meant that was the place to line up...(I can't remember what sign said, my memory is they said, "gangway") The signs were at each door on the "dock" side of the ship...The actual door we used for first walkoffs was the door all the way towards the front of ship.

We used Uber (from POM to MIA) and it worked GREAT!!