Australia's most popular cruise destinations of 2014 were...

Here's some more dissecting of the CLIA 2014 Australian Cruise Industry Source Market Report. Anything surprising in this?

What's your favourite destination? Keep it close to home or try Europe, Alaska or the Caribbean?

http://www.cruisecritic.com.au/news/news.cfm?ID=6379

Louise Goldsbury

Australia Editor

Cruise Critic

Thanks for posting the article. Quite an interesting read. Especially as I look at where my cruises have been in the past and where we will be going in the future. I am somewhat surprised by the river cruising percentages though, it must be the fly/cruise packages being offered.:D

Hawaii :D

Booking to go for the 3rd time. :D

Love Hawaii also. I used to do stopovers there on all my trans Pacific and European flights, via America. Do you cruise round trips or cruise one way fly to/home?

My favourite cruise destinations are all overseas - Antarctica and Europe, inc. trans Pacific.

Edited by MMDown Under

Still exploring all around the world for a cruise favourite, but so far Antarctica would be hard to beat although I have only been there the once.:D

I hear it is hard to cruise to Antarctica only once :) (My daughter has one up on me, as she has been twice. There was a lady on our cruise who cruised twice in one year, which would take some beating, considering the high cost.)

We like to cruise at Christmas/New Year and have only sailed with RCI and X and so usually the options are New Zealand and South Pacific.

But for our main vacation during the year we are lucky to be able to explore the rest of the world, sometimes this involves cruises and sometimes not, but we like to try and include 2 weeks of cruising and 2 weeks of touring and exploring on our own.

It is not surprising that Alaska, Europe and the Caribbean are the top choices for cruising Australians, they are lovely places to cruise.

Love Hawaii also. I used to do stopovers there on all my trans Pacific and European flights, via America. Do you cruise round trips or cruise one way fly to/home?

My favourite cruise destinations are all overseas - Antarctica and Europe, inc. trans Pacific.

They are all one way Sydney-Hawaii and fly home.

The reverse in September clashed with that 4 letter word, work.:eek:

But know that I'm transitioning to retirement, things will change.:D

We have also looked at doing the extended trip to US or Canada, but with the price increases at RCI, that ain't gonna happen.:mad:

We have looked at round trips, that only Princess do, but we haven't liked the Princess ships that are doing that up to now.

They are all one way Sydney-Hawaii and fly home.

The reverse in September clashed with that 4 letter word, work.:eek:

But know that I'm transitioning to retirement, things will change.:D

We have also looked at doing the extended trip to US or Canada, but with the price increases at RCI, that ain't gonna happen.:mad:

We have looked at round trips, that only Princess do, but we haven't liked the Princess ships that are doing that up to now.

Princess are, I am pretty sure, the only ones that do a Syd-Hawaii round trip.

I hear it is hard to cruise to Antarctica only once :) (My daughter has one up on me, as she has been twice. There was a lady on our cruise who cruised twice in one year, which would take some beating, considering the high cost.)

I will certainly get back there again one day, I suppose it will be when I have either seen a lot of other places or I just really need to get back there.:D

Well in 2014 we did:

- Alaska (Seattle to Vancouver) - including 8N self-drive land tour of Canadian Rockies

- Hawaii from Vancouver

- Hawaii to Sydney via Pacific Islands

so we are doing our bit :):):)

Letting the team down this year though. Just had a week on Norfolk Is (not a cruise) & we have our Melbourne Cup Cruise.

Have to pick up our act for 2016!

Edited by mr walker

Well in 2014 we did:

- Alaska (Seattle to Vancouver) - including 8N self-drive land tour of Canadian Rockies

- Hawaii from Vancouver

Letting the team down this year though. Just had a week on Norfolk Is (not a cruise) & we have our Melbourne Cup Cruise.

You forgot your Sampler cruise in February.:o

Well in 2014 we did:

- Hawaii from Vancouver

We did much the same trip in 2013, but added on a tour component before the Alaska cruise allowing us to experience the interior of Alaska - highly recommended as it is a lot different than the cruise ports - especially Denali National Park - amazing place.

Many years back sailed the Nile which was also fantastic, but that region is a little unstable now.

Panama Canal is now on my radar as well as Antarctica & Galapagos islands. Finding the time to get away though for longer cruises takes a lot of planning when you own your business as well as a farm! :)

You forgot your Sampler cruise in February.:o

Ah yes, of course Mic. That's what I get for posting after just 1 cup of coffee for the morning:D How can I forget our 3 nighter??? Mum sure hasn't :)

Ah yes, of course Mic. That's what I get for posting after just 1 cup of coffee for the morning:D How can I forget our 3 nighter??? Mum sure hasn't :)

They do go by quickly and there may have been some memory failure from the amount of brain fog consumed on the trip.:D