white night options

mrbluesea

Just curious! Do you also need to wear white pants?

Again absolutely no, and for ladies absolutely no need to wear a white dress!

Just go and enjoy whatever you are wearing :)

I brought a white dress. now have 3 and pick one ofr each cruise. but s0ome show up in black.

It's the old NY thing, some of us don't wear white period.

Minor exception would be a crisp white shirt!

Edited by orchestrapal

Again absolutely no, and for ladies absolutely no need to wear a white dress!

Just go and enjoy whatever you are wearing :)

if you plan on dancing a dress is much cooler but i wear whatever as long as i am in white.

what is a White Night?

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/life-onboard/entertainment-activities

There's a section on White Nights:

POOLSIDE PARTIES

Don’t think of missing Azamara’s famous poolside buffet and party, held at least once on every cruise (weather permitting). Colorful décor and linen-draped tables, a fabulous buffet feast, and boutique wines on the house make this an event like no other. Dance late into the night as the live band kicks in after dinner.

We'll be on our first AZ cruise in November (SIN-HKG) - I have a white dress somewhere (knee length tank style - easy to pack!) and my husband has some beige/white seersucker shorts and a white fishing shirt - he'll be bringing most of his wicking shirts for this trip so we'll manage to put together something light & white(ish) for the party :-)

Edited by Hoyaheel

We had a wonderful White Night on Journey in March.

They do an incredible job turning the pool deck into a full dining area in no time at all.

Food was good and the crew go out of their way to make this a special event. I would not miss White Night on future cruises. Great food, music, crew and friends.

No cruiseline does this better IMHO. It is very upscale.

Will be on Quest this year and will for sure be at White Night.

Do they ever have White Night at sea?

I have only been at ones when the ship is docked but our next cruise has only a few late evenings in port and the last night is overnight in Venice so only a few nights suitable for the event. On our last cruise someone told us that they have White Nights at sea but I think that could be difficult and windy!

Anybody been at one at sea?

Do they ever have White Night at sea?

I have only been at ones when the ship is docked but our next cruise has only a few late evenings in port and the last night is overnight in Venice so only a few nights suitable for the event. On our last cruise someone told us that they have White Nights at sea but I think that could be difficult and windy!

Anybody been at one at sea?

Can you remember where ours was held on the TA?

I can't :confused:

Edited by Glenndale

Not sure if this counts, but our White Night was as we sailed out of Mumbai...lovely.

Where did the tradition originate? Is it related to some rule about not wearing white after Labor Day, not that i know when Labor Day is in the US.

[quote name='tiggertom']Do they ever have White Night at sea?
Anybody been at one at sea?[/QUOTE]
Very rarely, but we did one at sea on a TA from Malaga to Rio a few years ago. Captain Carl slowed the ship to reduce wind on deck and it was lovely. The only late port night was the one in Rio and people wanted to enjoy the city and not stay on board.