Something new when checking in???

mitsugirly

I will be leaving on the Dawn next week and yes, I have already done my online check in forever ago and printed my boarding passes.

However, I did not print my luggage tags yet.

I went to go print (copy) them today and it's telling me that I haven't check in now and "unable to verify check-in" and showing 0% checked in. :eek:

It now has something NEW on there that I have never seen before (or seen it mentioned on here yet...unless I missed it) that ask me what time I will be arriving at the port and gives options from 10:00am, in half hour intervals, up until 2:30-3pm.

So, I picked a time for all of us and completed the process again. It STILL says that they are unable to verify my check-in and it's still at 0% and I can not print my luggage tags.

What gives? :mad: I'm getting a little frustrated and wondering if their system is just having to burp to relieve some pressure tonight or do they really not have me checked in all of a sudden?

ticket_zpsvwsscoiz.jpg

Select one and show up when ever you wish. Must be some kind of traffiic/guest arrival projection effort.

I did select 1 for each party (4 of us on this booking), but it's still showing that my check in is incomplete and at 0% and won't let me print my luggage tags. :(

I really have enjoyed your reviews and look forward to another! I just went on myncl and was able to re-complete my paperwork and was able to print my tickets and bag tags. You may want to retry now. If not, I'd call and confirm they have what they need and if necessary have a porter tag your bags.

Bon Voyage!

Edited by vicocala
added bag tags, duh!

Sounds like their IT department has made a change to the database behind the internet site and then to the internet site adding this question. At this point, you should call NCL and let them know what is going on and that you can't print your luggage tags and their site is claiming you aren't checked in although you have already printed your tickets.

I'm pretty sure this is a problem with the interface between the database and the front-end (what you are seeing on the NCL website) and that your database record for next week's cruise still exists. You just can't see it. I would be willing to bet that this has happened to many people who checked in before this change.

NCL needs to know it has affected your record.

I would wait an hour or two and try again. I had a similar type problem. As soon as I made a payment, my reservation disappeared. I came back a couple hours later and it was there again. NCL.com needs some help.

When I completed my check-in for our April Sky cruise, every item was checked off and it said check-in was complete for each of us, but it would not let me print my edocs, and on the main page it said 75%. Every time I went through the steps, at the last step it would say complete, but no edocs.

I called my PCC and he had me log-in on a different website (slightly different address). He said the "new" website was having issues. When I logged in with him, I think I was given a final step that I did not have before. My memory is fuzzy, but I think it was just ticking a box accepting terms. Whatever it was, like magic check-in was 100% and edocs were available.

Short answer is...call NCL. :)

(Have a great cruise! I'd love to try Bermuda some day, and I can't wait to read your review!) :D

I had problems with the "gifts" section.

We are sailing in 2 weeks and I wanted some OBC gifts for te kids

It would accept the order, have a shopping cart, the little "check here" to accept T and C appeared, which I clicked and then a " thank you for your purchase. "

Never was able to pay.

Tried several different times today, gave up and called.

Ran through it with the rep, she got the same thing when accessing my reservation

Had to have a"supervisor" handle it.

Lots of wasted time for a small gift.

On the positive, the phone rep was really sweet

I just tried again... "We are unable to validate your check-in information at this time. Please check back later" :(

One thing I did notice too is that they have my grandsons name spelled wrong. (I assume this is the fault of the TA since she's the one who added him to my booking at a later date). Is this going to cause any problems? :confused:

One thing I did notice too is that they have my grandsons name spelled wrong. (I assume this is the fault of the TA since she's the one who added him to my booking at a later date). Is this going to cause any problems? :confused:

Yup. Name must match documents exactly.

Thanks for the headsup!! Just added my arrival time of 9:30-10!! Still 100% complete!

I think it's funny that it says not to arrive any sooner than 1 hour before check in starts and then list check in starting at 12 noon, but then gives you the earliest time to pick at 10am LOL :p

About a month before our sailing on the Star, my TA added a port to airport transfer to our reservation. I had already completed the check in information, but after the change to the reservation, ncl.com said I wasn't checked in and I couldn't access my edocs. My TA was closed, so I tried the NCL 800# for technical/web support and the rep was able to unlock my account. He stayed on the line with me until I logged back in to make sure I could print my edocs.

I agree that your TA will have to be the one to correct the name spelling error, but NCL's tech support should be able to unlock the account for you.

Edited by herdingdogmom

About a month before our sailing on the Star, my TA added a port to airport transfer to our reservation. I had already completed the check in information, but after the change to the reservation, ncl.com said I wasn't checked in and I couldn't access my edocs. My TA was closed, so I tried the NCL 800# for technical/web support and the rep was able to unlock my account. He stayed on the line with me until I logged back in to make sure I could print my edocs.

I agree that your TA will have to be the one to correct the name spelling error, but NCL's tech support should be able to unlock the account for you.

So you think it might be locked then? I may give them a call tomorrow if it's still the same. (I emailed my TA and they are out of the office for awhile). :(

I just have to say that I read comments on these boards all the time that say that if you book with a TA you MUST use your TA for anything needed instead of calling NCL. I must have had tons of luck or something in the past but I have ALWAYS booked with a TA and I have called NCL directly for many things in the past and have always got something done myself...from paying my DSC, getting a price change because the prices dropped, setting up and paying money on my on board account prior to the cruise to several other things over the years and never once did they not help me or tell me I had to call my TA. :confused:

We are on the June 5th Dawn to Bermuda cruise also. A few days ago, it said online check in was 100% complete, and I could have printed edocs. Unfortunately I did not do it yet, because I am usually on my laptop that is not hooked up with the printer. I was planning to print and organize everything this weekend, so I am glad to see your post to know that I am not the only one that is having trouble. I too did not see anything about arrival times when I first checked us in online ( a while back), and this time it said that we did not have to choose a time since we are in a suite. So that does not seem to be the problem. When I go to the online check in section is appears that we are all check in in every section---so I can not figure it out.

Hope it is some weird glitch that will be fixed tomorrow! Good luck to you also in getting this situation resolved. I guess I will try to contact NCL tomorrow, and see if they make me call my TA

:confused:

So you think it might be locked then? I may give them a call tomorrow if it's still the same. (I emailed my TA and they are out of the office for awhile). I must have had tons of luck or something in the past but I have ALWAYS booked with a TA and I have called NCL directly for many things in the past and have always got something done myself

In my case, the tech support rep said I had been locked out of my account, but I don't think there were other problems with the web site going on like there are currently. The Tech support # is 1-866-625-1160 Hours are 9am to 8pm EST

I have had no luck calling NCL's reservation # when I booked through a TA, but why not give it a try for the spelling of the name issue since your TA isn't available?

We are on the June 5th Dawn to Bermuda cruise also. A few days ago, it said online check in was 100% complete, and I could have printed edocs. Unfortunately I did not do it yet, because I am usually on my laptop that is not hooked up with the printer. I was planning to print and organize everything this weekend, so I am glad to see your post to know that I am not the only one that is having trouble. I too did not see anything about arrival times when I first checked us in online ( a while back), and this time it said that we did not have to choose a time since we are in a suite. So that does not seem to be the problem. When I go to the online check in section is appears that we are all check in in every section---so I can not figure it out.

Hope it is some weird glitch that will be fixed tomorrow! Good luck to you also in getting this situation resolved. I guess I will try to contact NCL tomorrow, and see if they make me call my TA

:confused:

Thanks for letting me know that you are having the same issues and currently on the same cruise as me. Maybe they are picking on us...:D

If I can't get anything to work tomorrow, I will definitely be calling NCL to see what they say.

In my case, the tech support rep said I had been locked out of my account, but I don't think there were other problems with the web site going on like there are currently. The Tech support # is 1-866-625-1160 Hours are 9am to 8pm EST

I have had no luck calling NCL's reservation # when I booked through a TA, but why not give it a try for the spelling of the name issue since your TA isn't available?

Thanks for the info. I will call tomorrow to see what they say. I mean it can't hurt anything. :)

There is no need to print luggage tags, or documents for that matter. Just go to the pier with ID. The porters will give you luggage tags, and security will verify that you are on the manifest and let you right in.

All to do about nothing.

Just decided to try again this morning before heading out. I allowed me to print our edocs. Hope you are able to also! Just a little stress before vacation......makes look forward to next Friday even more.:)