Allure - Speciality Restaurants

Sailing on Allure in October and I'm thinking of booking some speciality restaurants! Which would you recommend?! I've been reading lots of mixed reviews lately so I need some help deciding!

I'm not a fan of Sushi so think we'll skip Izumi... Not unless the Hibachi experience is worth trying!

Almost forgot - if you want to be seated outside Chops & Giovanni's, do you need to state that when booking or can you just ask when you arrive at the restaurant?! Will have a toddler with us and if the weather is ok, outside might be a better option!

We enjoy Chops and yes, you need reservations for all seating- I would suggest if you have a toddler, go as early as you can. They will not charge for your toddler as long as he/she eats from the kiddie menu. If you already paid, you will get a credit for the child. Of course Johnny Rockets is great for kids and kids at heart. My family also enjoys the Mexican restaurant, casual style and a lot of interesting things to keep your child (and you) happy.

Enjoy your cruise

You mention "Arugula Dinner". Is that the same as the Basil menu on the website (http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/download-press-kit/7/) or is that something new?

It must have been something completely new, Italian type of food mainly I think. As a starter I remember having tomato & mozzarella and the other three of us had prosciutto and melon. I had my main course from the Classics menu, but my companions all had Coq au vin which they all loved.

Sure! :) Here's the order of the menus for our cruise (we joined the ship in Civitavecchia, not in Barcelona).

r

Miia - that's fantastic info, just what we wanted so we know when to book Speciality Restaurants. I was hoping someone would post this :)

Sorry I got quite carried away there, I could go on forever. :D We had such a nice time and fell in love with Allure, and I’m still all excited about the whole cruise! If anything specific comes to mind you’d like to know, please do ask! I also brought the cruise compasses with me so I can check if there’s something you’d like to know.

This is great! The more information the better!

It must have been something completely new, Italian type of food mainly I think. As a starter I remember having tomato & mozzarella and the other three of us had prosciutto and melon. I had my main course from the Classics menu, but my companions all had Coq au vin which they all loved.

Thanks, and thanks for posting the original order of the menus too.

I found some photos of the menu online (though maybe the classics are not the same) that seem to match what you describe. If anyone else is interested:

Main: http://www.thecaptainslog.org.uk/Menus/RoyalCaribbean/DinnerMenuArugula.jpg

Dessert: http://www.thecaptainslog.org.uk/Menus/RoyalCaribbean/DessertMenuArugula.jpg

Now I see how they managed to make the surf and turf cost money. It was free on the Basil menu but is a $40 premium selection on the Arugula replacement.

Edited by elleran

Is there somewhere I can find a list of all the specialty restaurants and their prices? We are sailing in February and I know I have a while to work this out but we don't really know anything about any of them.

This is the only list I'm aware of, and it's not up to date:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/10020614_Allure_Specialty_Restaurant_Flyer.pdf

One change is that Wipeout Cafe serves made to order breakfast for no extra charge. Another is that Sabor has replaced Rita's.

Bob, I only saw the regular omlett station in the Wipeout Café, no made to order breakfast. Same as on the Oasis. All self service.

Specialty restaurants: For the Med I wouldn´t book anything in advance but ask onboard for specials. As on such a port intense itinerary they do have problems to fill up the restaurants.

We did Chops Grille on the first night (Barcelona) for 50% off.

I can recommend the Teppanyaki part of Izumi (we also had a veggie Sushi roll which was good).

We did Sabor for lunch - way better than Rita´s Cantina!! Shared a tasting menu with my DD and we both were stuffed.

We also were invited to Coastal Kitchen for dinner and for lunch. Great food there so if you´re in a suite (GS and above) don´t miss it! The menu changes in Barcelona and Civitavecchia (currently they do have 2 menus). They only have app. 90 seats so you have to make reservations onboard.

My review will take another maybe two days. But it will be app. 1,000 photos including almost everything we had in the restaurants, all menus of the MDR and those of the specialty restaurants we´ve been to.

steamboats

Bob, I only saw the regular omlett station in the Wipeout Café, no made to order breakfast. Same as on the Oasis. All self service.

Specialty restaurants: For the Med I wouldn´t book anything in advance but ask onboard for specials. As on such a port intense itinerary they do have problems to fill up the restaurants.

I can recommend the Teppanyaki part of Izumi (we also had a veggie Sushi roll which was good).

We did Sabor for lunch - way better than Rita´s Cantina!! Shared a tasting menu with my DD and we both were stuffed.

We also were invited to Coastal Kitchen for dinner and for lunch. Great food there so if you´re in a suite (GS and above) don´t miss it! The menu changes in Barcelona and Civitavecchia (currently they do have 2 menus). They only have app. 90 seats so you have to make reservations onboard.

My review will take another maybe two days. But it will be app. 1,000 photos including almost everything we had in the restaurants, all menus of the MDR and those of the specialty restaurants we´ve been to.

steamboats

Looking forward to your review!

You're right, I meant to say made to order eggs. Thanks for the catch.

Sorry I got quite carried away there, I could go on forever. :D We had such a nice time and fell in love with Allure, and I’m still all excited about the whole cruise! If anything specific comes to mind you’d like to know, please do ask! I also brought the cruise compasses with me so I can check if there’s something you’d like to know.

I know we've been talking about food, but can you tell me if there were any theme nights like the the disco or glow nights?

I know we've been talking about food, but can you tell me if there were any theme nights like the the disco or glow nights?

The GLOW-party was on Friday (May 29 - Naples) so it was overlapping formal nigh, which we found a bit annoying 'cause we ended up missing the whole thing. :( We went to the "afterparty" though and danced the night away at the Solarium.

Other than that, 70's Disco Inferno Street Party was promoted in the Cruise Compass. We had this on Wednesday (June 3 - La Spezia). This was happening on the Royal Promenade and it seemed fun, but we basically just walked through the crowds and rushed off to pack our stuff as it was our last night.

steamboats

Looking forward to your review and pics! We're sailing October 4th and very excited!

So here we go with my review. It´s a bit more than 1,100 photos plus a couple of short videos.

cooljla10386, sorry, no lobster in the Med unless you pay for it.

steamboats

Wish I could read German but appreciated the pictures! Do you by any chance have the cruise compasses?

Thanks

I was able to go to the home page of the cruise diary for Steamboats and did a right click, I was able to translate it into English.

So here we go with my review. It´s a bit more than 1,100 photos plus a couple of short videos.

cooljla10386, sorry, no lobster in the Med unless you pay for it.

steamboats

I was able to use google to translate. Really enjoyed it. Thanks!

Excellent review!! I too read it using Google translate. I have a few questions / comments / summary of what I learnt but perhaps you should start a new thread about your review (so those who don't care about specialty restaurants see it too)?