Secret Blu Menu

leehal

You could probably get the escargot as well if they don't already have it. Can't remember all the details.

Not on the Summit May 17th sailing. Had it at the Captains (engineers) table but not in Blu

Asked every night.... no biggie.... :p

If the Blu is so fantastic and healthy, why would someone want to order from the MDR menu? The same applies to the Suite DR?

Do they allow us in the MDR to order from any side of the Blu or SuiteDRs?

I think not! LOL

I'm sorry that I am not following the point of your post.... care to elaborate? Maybe just to laugh and try to point out what you view as a double standard (not that one actually exists).

I'm sorry that I am not following the point of your post.... care to elaborate? Maybe just to laugh and try to point out what you view as a double standard (not that one actually exists).

Correct, plus making a joke as I find this kind of funny. Just like people who drink diet coke/Pepsi, but pile their plates. LOL

Correct, plus making a joke as I find this kind of funny. Just like people who drink diet coke/Pepsi, but pile their plates. LOL

The drinking of a diet beverage to balance or cancel the calories when consuming large plates of food only works if you eat in the dark. :D

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

The drinking of a diet beverage to balance or cancel the calories when consuming large plates of food only works if you eat in the dark. :D

That's why I spill it over myself. Wow, finally figured it out. LOL

If the Blu is so fantastic and healthy, why would someone want to order from the MDR menu? The same applies to the Suite DR?

Do they allow us in the MDR to order from any side of the Blu or SuiteDRs?

I think not! LOL

Did you ever consider that not everyone in Aqua Class wants to eat "healthy" food??? A couple may book AQ...the husband prefers MDR menus, the wife prefers Blu menus. It happens. We are not all cut from the same cloth.

If you are really "hankering" for the Blu/Luminae menus, book Aqua or a Suite.

Did you ever consider that not everyone in Aqua Class wants to eat "healthy" food??? A couple may book AQ...the husband prefers MDR menus, the wife prefers Blu menus. It happens. We are not all cut from the same cloth.

If you are really "hankering" for the Blu/Luminae menus, book Aqua or a Suite.

Not 'hankering' for anything. Food is very subjective as you have noted. DH prefers MDR, wife prefers Blu. I prefer to cruise often.

We have enjoyed Blu on Connie and S class...common theme for us is they aim to please...dh mentioned creme brulee and they had one for him every nite.....would prefer the BLU menu to mdr but can always discuss with maitre d...

Frankly, I think we've just been totally spoiled by Seaborn, where they will make virtually anything (caviar and blini, scallops with bacon brittle, you name it) with 24 hour notice. Of course, just a BIT more pricey!

Steve and John

We've had the same experience on Regent where they made an entire beef wellington so my wife could have a slice. You're right, though, you pay a BIT more for such luxury...like double.:eek:

I posted info on this same topic several years ago (and called it the Secret Menu). We have done AQ multiple times over several years and the policy seems to always change. In the early years you could simply request an item from the MDR and they would send somebody to get it! But about 3 years ago on the Silhouette they would no longer get items from the MDR except in limited circumstances. But then on a 14 day Eclipse cruise in Nov 2013 we were in Blu and had a waiter we knew from a prior cruise. One evening I asked him about getting Escargot and he said "no problem." He explained that Blu now had a "secret menu" of several popular MDR items that did not show on the Blu menu. They included Shrimp Cocktail, French Onion Soup, Escargot, and Cheese Cake (I cannot remember if there were other items). They actually had these items in the Blu galley and it was not any trouble to get them at any dinner. Not sure if this is still the case, but we will be back on the Eclipse in Blu later this year and shall see :)

Hank

NOT TRUE. We have sailed all 5 Sclass ships and 3 of Mclass. Each time I/we requested something not on the menu, It was brought to us with a smile. They even made seafood crepes for us in Bistro with a day's notice. They are there to serve you, ask and you will receive if it is on the ship. Remember to tip accrodingly.

NO waiter has ever said no to us when we asked politely. They went wherever and got what we requested.

On our last cruise one the Solstice, we have not been able to order from the MDR menu.

But we had a special menu, Surf & Turf, which is normally not included in the 14 menu rotation in blu. I wish it would as I loved it!

Shrimp cocktail, escargot, onion soup, Caesar salad, seared salmon and New York strip are available every night.

That's caesar salad with or without anchovies. Also creme brulee, apple pie, ice cream and fresh berries for dessert.

... Just like people who drink diet coke/Pepsi, but pile their plates. LOL

What's the matter with you people, I drink diet coke because I prefer the taste to the sugary normal stuff, not because I'm on, or need to be on a diet.

Diet coke is not a medicine.

What's the matter with you people, I drink diet coke because I prefer the taste to the sugary normal stuff, not because I'm on, or need to be on a diet.

Diet coke is not a medicine.

I'm sure you must have seen the tongue-in-cheek humor/sarcasm in our exchange, but it's hard to know if you did since you used no emoticon to signal your understanding. :rolleyes:

He explained that Blu now had a "secret menu" of several popular MDR items that did not show on the Blu menu. They included Shrimp Cocktail, French Onion Soup, Escargot, and Cheese Cake (I cannot remember if there were other items). They actually had these items in the Blu galley and it was not any trouble to get them at any dinner. Not sure if this is still the case, but we will be back on the Eclipse in Blu later this year and shall see :)

Hank

Now how stupid is this? A secret menu? LOL

• 1 month later...

We were also told on Summit in January and again in May that we could not order anything off the MDR menu. They have added the same everyday items offered in the MDR like the French onion soup, shrimp cocktail, etc. to the Blu menu though, so that was nice.

It all depends on the class of the ship that you are on. If you are on a M class you can get anything that is offered in the MDR as they share the same kitchen...

Some people report that in Blu on M Class ships you can order off the MDR menu. However, in our experience on the Summit twice and the Millennium once, we were told definitively that we may NOT order from the MDR menu in Blu. However, they were very accommodating to seat us in the MDR for the evening at an excellent "traditional" table in the center of the lower level.

Some people report that in Blu on M Class ships you can order off the MDR menu. However, in our experience on the Summit twice and the Millennium once, we were told definitively that we may NOT order from the MDR menu in Blu. However, they were very accommodating to seat us in the MDR for the evening at an excellent "traditional" table in the center of the lower level.

and we were told the same thing...no items available from the MDR except the basic items that have been listed here. We didn't try and dine in the MDR as Kajo didn't have a jacket and we would have only wanted to go on a Formal night! (trying to get that lobster...but it was offered in Blu that night as well!!) The only reason we book AQ is because of Blu...KK can't use any of the spa benefits...but we do love the "Blu" experience!! Can't wait to see you all in '17!! LuAnn