Cruising with children of mixed ages

Hello Everyone,

I will be taking a cruise in 4 weeks on RCCL and will be taking my 10 year old son and [almost] 2 year old daughter. My son has cruised before, and on prior cruises would have rather stayed with us than spent more than an hour or so in the kids club. I know that they separate children based on age, but my son is very protective of his baby sister and she is very clingy to him. So, here's my question - will the staff at the kids club allow my 10 year old to play with the baby in the baby room? We will likely ask when we get on the ship anyway, but I'm hoping to get somewhat of an idea ahead of time....

Thank you, I'm looking forward to being part of the CC Community!

Hello Everyone,

I will be taking a cruise in 4 weeks on RCCL and will be taking my 10 year old son and [almost] 2 year old daughter. My son has cruised before, and on prior cruises would have rather stayed with us than spent more than an hour or so in the kids club. I know that they separate children based on age, but my son is very protective of his baby sister and she is very clingy to him. So, here's my question - will the staff at the kids club allow my 10 year old to play with the baby in the baby room? We will likely ask when we get on the ship anyway, but I'm hoping to get somewhat of an idea ahead of time....

Thank you, I'm looking forward to being part of the CC Community!

No, they will not allow your 10 yr old into the nursery.

When the nursery is officially closed - over lunchtime, they allow parents to go in there with younger children for open play. I would think your 10 y/o would be allowed in then. But during open hours, it is just drop off, no parents or older kids are allowed in except to pick up or drop a child.

No..your son will have to play with his sister on his own time, and NOT in the nursery.

Unless open hours. Which RCL has decent open nursary hours.

Think about it, other parents do not want a ten year old around their baby/small todders.

Plus, the nursery isn't free, the kids club is.

Not sure if it's all ships, but SOS offered toy lending. You can borrow a bag of toys and they can play in the room or where ever.

Edited by Gardeneroflove