Timing Question for Excursion in Ketchikan

SBJB8184

We are planning an independent tour in Ketchikan that starts at 2:30 p.m. and is listed for 3 hours (i.e. 5:30 p.m.). My HAL itinerary says we depart the port at 7:00 p.m. I have read on these forums that you need to be on-board 90 minutes ahead of departure time. Should I be worried? I see there are HAL tours that are being completed at 5:30, 5:45, even 6:00. I can't find in my documents the 90 minute time rule. Comments?

I have read on these forums that you need to be on-board 90 minutes ahead of departure time.
That is incorrect. Even at a US embarkation port you only need to be on board in time for the lifeboat drill, although HAL must submit manifest data to CBP 90 minutes prior to departure. As SilvertToGold said the usual on board time at en-route ports is 30 minutes prior to sailing. Edited by catl331

At "ports of call", you need to be onboard 30 mins prior to spillway. 90 mins. is only for boarding day!

I love standing on the lower promenade deck watching the last minute passengers running to the gang plank with shopping bags in arm.

Edited by Sue from Canada