Gelato information please

Jo and Rob

From the same website where I got the Alfredo's Pizzeria menu that I posted on the pizza discussion, they also have a gelato menu.

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/m_gelato.pdf

The price on the Regal has increased to $3.50 making using a coffee card punch an even better deal. They have offered crepes on some sea days in the afternoon which cost the same as the gelato desserts.

They also have other menus for the Regal/Royal eating options although the MDR menus may have changed since 2013. I sailed on the Regal in April but I didn't do a side-by-side comparison & those who have say that some things have changed.

I was too happy enjoying all of the menu choices to spend my time comparing them to 2013. :D

Edited by Astro Flyer

... what Mike said above AND remember, you can use one of your punches on your Coffee Card for either gelato (even a sundae) or a crepe. If you want a "big kid" sundae (one with alcohal), it will cost you 2 punches.

... what Mike said above AND remember, you can use one of your punches on your Coffee Card for either gelato (even a sundae) or a crepe. If you want a "big kid" sundae (one with alcohal), it will cost you 2 punches.

Tracie...I have a son Mike but I'm Frank...ha, ha! ;) :D

Those gelato items are quite large and either we split one or we make it our meal. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

Of course... and I feel like an idiot! Pia would flog me with a wet noodle...

Apologies.

No apology necessary and I hesitated to even post it but hoped you would understand that it was in jest. :p

My cugina Pia would never do that to you...would she? ;)

No apology necessary and I hesitated to even post it but hoped you would understand that it was in jest. :p

My cugina Pia would never do that to you...would she? ;)

I get it and appreciate it!

As far a Pia is concerned... who knows? (PS Pia, if you are reading this, I miss you like candy!)

As far a Pia is concerned... who knows? (PS Pia, if you are reading this, I miss you like candy!)

Many of us miss her frequent wit, humor & insights...both here & on cruises. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

On Royal it looks like Gelato is a restaurant that serves pancakes as well as icecream. Is there a cover charge for the pancakes? Does anyone have a copy of the menu?

No pancakes. Maybe you're thinking crepes? I had the Brownie Blast Sundae with Nutella ice cream (twice), as well as both types of the alcoholic sundaes (my favorite of the two was the Irish Sundae). Also had a few bowls of butter pecan (double-scoops). Everything was very tasty!

:D

Edited by dmwnc1959

Dave...you know how to torture us! :p

Not only photos of Gelato's but also on the pizza thread photos of Alfredo's. With both options only on your coast but not mine, it'll cost me more to revisit these places. :(

Even Asia will get a Royal-class ship before the West Coast...and yes, I am whining! ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

Is there a cover charge for the pancakes?

OK, now THAT's a question I'd never thought I'd see uttered (unless we're talking about a strip club employing less-than-blessed workers)! :eek:

Otherwise, GREAT title for an 80s punk-rock album.

Dave, you are a sadist, my friend. Don't you know people gain weight just by looking at that stuff. :eek:

So THAT explains what's happened since I disembarked. I gotta stop looking at my own pictures! lol ;)

Dave, you are a sadist, my friend. Don't you know people gain weight just by looking at that stuff. :eek:
Pssst. Hey, buddy. Want some food pictures? I got pictures. ;)

And he's even offering them for sale!

So THAT explains what's happened since I disembarked. I gotta stop looking at my own pictures! lol ;)

I had to get on the treadmill just to not gain any weight while looking at those photos. :p

Those gelato items are quite large and either we split one or we make it our meal. ;)

I did not find the serving of just gelato to be large.

Look at the size of the scoops in relation to the size of the spoon.

891231070123114Gelatorestaurant-strawberrybutterpecancookiesampcreamDSC04190_zpse1199f82.jpg

Look at the size of the scoops in relation to the size of the spoon....

I didn't take pictures of just the gelato scoops I had by themselves, but they certainly weren't that small. :eek: They didn't like you very much. lol ;)

:cool:

Look at the size of the scoops in relation to the size of the spoon.

891231070123114Gelatorestaurant-strawberrybutterpecancookiesampcreamDSC04190_zpse1199f82.jpg

That doesn't look like the servings I had & whether you agree or not our Gelato's portions were larger & plenty for two of us. :rolleyes:

I didn't take pictures of just the gelato scoops I had by themselves, but they certainly weren't that small. :eek: They didn't like you very much. lol ;)

:cool:

Me too...my scoops were always much larger & add the sundae toppings or a waffle cone & it was a lot to eat...guess it was different for 'caribill'. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

Whether small or not it still doesn't compare to any gelato I had elsewhere. Although it is better than the free soft serve, it's little more than the just plain ice cream they serve in the dining room.