Island Princess, new cabins on the Lido

rinkrat10

Does anyone have any comments about the new cabins on the Lido deck? We are sailing in Sept, 2015 and have booked one of these balcony cabins. We have final payment fast approaching and any chances would need to be made prior. Thanks

I'm curious also, having booked one of the new cabins on Aloha deck. The only comments I've read so far are that the new balcony cabins on Lido deck have no overhang above and are wide open, like the Dolphin deck mini-suites on the Grand class ships. There has also been some concern about the proximity to the teen center. I doubt if this will be a problem. Also, the balconies for suites L721 and L722 do not wrap around like the deck plan shows. This would bother me if I had booked one of these suites specifically for the huge balcony.

You didn't state which cabin you booked; but unless someone comes up with a very good reason to change, I would stay where you are. I think that is a great location.

Thank you for your comments. I have also read the fact that there is no overhang. We had the same issue on the Ruby, Dolphin deck mini- suite ,however that was in the Caribbean and we would not do that again. The fact that this cruise on the Island is in Sept and port intensive it will be fine. We recently sailed on the Regal and were on the Marina deck, we enjoy the high decks, a slight vibration but no biggie . I will be nice to have a new cabin!

Does anyone have any info about the new Promenade deck balconies? I originally booked one for our Med cruise, but then switched to an Emerald deck balcony because we had stayed in one before.

My TA said I could still change back if it was available, but I'd like to hear from someone who has actually stayed in one.

I'm curious also, having booked one of the new cabins on Aloha deck. The only comments I've read so far are that the new balcony cabins on Lido deck have no overhang above and are wide open, like the Dolphin deck mini-suites on the Grand class ships. There has also been some concern about the proximity to the teen center. I doubt if this will be a problem. Also, the balconies for suites L721 and L722 do not wrap around like the deck plan shows. This would bother me if I had booked one of these suites specifically for the huge balcony.

You didn't state which cabin you booked; but unless someone comes up with a very good reason to change, I would stay where you are. I think that is a great location.

We are in L721 next week and yes I'm not happy about the way they showed a full wrap around then didn't make good but what can I do?

We are in L721 next week and yes I'm not happy about the way they showed a full wrap around then didn't make good but what can I do?

Could you please post if they have those thermal beds in the Lotus Spa for the suites????

Princess rep.says yes, but I count on what they say:eek:

Thanks

I guess that this thread is quickly becoming the "what have you heard about the new cabins on the Island Princess" thread, so I may as well jump in too so that we can all learn in this thread.

D727 and D728 are listed as Fully Obstructed Oceanviews... Has anyone heard exactly what they consider the obstruction to be? Certainly not staring into a lifeboat, thats for sure! LOL! ;) I am guessing part of it is because they are inset into the structure some, and maybe a metal railing judging from some so so pictures I have seen. Might not be too bad in an obstruction sense for looking directly out or back also?

Any thoughts are appreciated! Maybe someone sailing in one of these rooms can post some good pictures and they can be added to Theo's site? Also if anyone gets any better shots of the new areas on the back of the ship we could learn more from them as well.

Happy Cruising!

Mark

Edited by cruisehappy001
Title

I'd really appreciate it if you would post a note after you get on the ship and let us know if it really has the wrap balcony or not. I want to switch to a different cabin if that's the case but I need to do it asap. Could you also let us know if the pictures posted several weeks ago are from those corner suites.

Thanks you so much and enjoy your cruise.

D727 and D728 are listed as Fully Obstructed Oceanviews... Has anyone heard exactly what they consider the obstruction to be? Certainly not staring into a lifeboat, thats for sure! LOL! ;) I am guessing part of it is because they are inset into the structure some, and maybe a metal railing judging from some so so pictures I have seen. Might not be too bad in an obstruction sense for looking directly out or back also?

Mark - looks like a full-height bulkhead all the way flush to the end of the ship. View straight out would be obstructed....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46772251&postcount=705

:D

Mark - looks like a full-height bulkhead all the way flush to the end of the ship. View straight out would be obstructed....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46772251&postcount=705

Dave,

Thanks, I had seen the newer pictures that you posted which gave a better view. It now indeed looks like the view straight out would be obstructed. I am wondering if you may get some view looking out backwards at an angle? At least you would get some daylight... :rolleyes:

Maybe some other hires photos will surface that can give a better idea of some of the angles of the deck going to the back. At first I was thinking that particular area had a wrap around that angled back as opposed to being parallel to the back of the stern. Maybe just hopeful thinking?

Only time will tell, maybe eventually someone in that cabin will post some photos looking out?

Thanks again!

Regards,

Mark

Dave,

It now indeed looks like the view straight out would be obstructed. I am wondering if you may get some view looking out backwards at an angle? At least you would get some daylight... :rolleyes:

Thanks again!

Regards,

Mark

Looking at the third picture of that group, I'd be inclined to answer 'Yes'.

Looking at the third picture of that group, I'd be inclined to answer 'Yes'.

That is what I was thinking & hoping... Another thing that I am thinking is that the fact that it is set back some will help open the field of view a little bit?

In this area it also looks like there may be an access ladder that goes down to the deck below if I am correct???

(I was in E705 on the Emerald Princess for a TA and if you looked straight out you saw a white box, but if you looked forward you had an excellent view. :D It was nice in that cabin as the beds were on the sidewall of the cabin as opposed to on the window bullhead wall so you could sit at the desk chair or tub chair and look out. I wonder where the beds will be in this cabin now that I mention this? I am not sure where the beds are usually on Island Princess Ocean View rooms?)

Thanks for keeping on looking for Island pictures!

Mark

Edited by cruisehappy001

Mark - I see the ladder you're speaking of, but I'm guessing it's going to be a 'Crew Only' access to that space outside of your window.

As for the bed location, there's no telling. Sometimes these one-off cabins have the beds against the walls, other times under the window.

Mark - I see the ladder you're speaking of, but I'm guessing it's going to be a 'Crew Only' access to that space outside of your window.

As for the bed location, there's no telling. Sometimes these one-off cabins have the beds against the walls, other times under the window.

LOL, knew it is for the crew... That way they can go and wash the window! HA HA!

Mark

• 3 weeks later...
Let me start this up again.....if anyone has info about vibration issues in the new cabins on the Lido.....please share....

Go here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2224626&page=3

They're talking about the vibration from the Lido deck cabins right now. Apparently, it's quite shaky.

I'm on the Baja deck on the Island's next cruise and am hoping it won't be as intense. If it is, I'll just think of it as a built in weight loss device a la the vibrating belts. :-) or, the magic fingers that motel beds used to have! :p

:)

Bonnie

Go here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2224626&page=3

They're talking about the vibration from the Lido deck cabins right now. Apparently, it's quite shaky.

I'm on the Baja deck on the Island's next cruise and am hoping it won't be as intense. If it is, I'll just think of it as a built in weight loss device a la the vibrating belts. :-) or, the magic fingers that motel beds used to have! :p

:)

Bonnie

Lets hope it gets fixed. :(

I will be interested to hear as well. We are booked to go through the Panama canal, again (yup four times is boring I know - but we like it) and we booked early to get our favourite location (one of only two mid-ship, D deck, on the South American side).

We had a chance to move to one of the new Lido deck suites, but didn't bother as we know we like the layout of our current cabin. Didn't regret the decision at the time and regret it even less now that I have seen the layout plan.

Seems to me that the sleeping area is very small and that the internal layout seems most peculiar.

• 1 month later...