You Should Be Here. Stop This Promotion Onboard.

BallFour4

Sitting in the dining room waiting to debark the Triumph after a super vacation thinking about a group of over 200 fellow cruisers that belong to a multi-level marketing company that was aboard.

For five days they held up banners and signs proclaiming "You Should Be Here" in every venue. It's my opinion they are using the Carnival backdrop for promotion of their company and solicitation of others to sell the product.

We were approached at dinner by two people who wanted to share I was paying more for my vacations than I should. Funny thing is they wouldn't tell me what their annual cost was for the pyramid scheme they had invested in. This was cruise 29, we've done our homework on cruise bargains.

Their self proclaimed photographer interfered with the waiters and dinner service every night.

While you might disagree with me it's my opinion this is wrong. You might disagree, but this was obnoxious.

What a joke! I hate MLM. Trying to sell you crap while your on vacation is crazy. I hope you told them to go pound sand. Glad you had good vacation anyway. I agree, this is wrong.

Edited by CJinFLA00
typo

Just be happy they were only trying to sell you vacations. It could have been adult diapers or prepaid funerals.:eek:

HAL and Cunard get those MLM groups! :)

Edited by DirtyDawg

I sure hope that Carnival will nip that in the bud right away :eek: Can you imagine a ship full of solicitors trying to sell their products??? :rolleyes: I think I will come onboard with a bag full of flyers for my son's business! What a nightmare that would be! :rolleyes:

OP...you are right, that was very wrong. I don't care who this firm is, that was not cool.

Just be happy they were only trying to sell you vacations. It could have been adult diapers or prepaid funerals.:eek:

HAL and Cunard get those MLM groups! :)

Displaying my ignorance - what is an MLM group?

I second this question

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app

I just googled "You Should Be Here" and the first links all have the same word attached to that phrase: SCAM.

I am surprised that CCL allowed them on board, and I am also surprised that once on board, CCL didn't ask them to stop bothering the pax.

I would have went to Guest Services and registered my complaint.

All it would have taken was one time of them disrupting my dinner and I would have said something to guest services. I mean I'm by far not a complainer on board but the last thing I want is to be bothered with that crap on my vacation. Especially for scams like that! Carnival again, needs to enforce their rules and put a stop to that crap!

- what is an MLM group?

Multi-level Marketing. I think of Amway, Avon, Tupperware, Thirty-One when someone says MLM.

Basically, a pyramid scheme where you get others to sell a product or service by buying it from you. In turn they create a new level who must buy from them and so on. Eventually, you run out of people to buy the stuff because everyone is selling it. Only the early adopters make any money. YMMV.

Edited by Hawaiifrank

I don't understand the concept of complaining on this board instead of complaining right on the ship when all this was happening???

I would have been at guest services immediately!!

We would not have just endured this nonsense while on vacation!

I don't understand the concept of complaining on this board instead of complaining right on the ship when all this was happening???

I would have been at guest services immediately!!

We would not have just endured this nonsense while on vacation!

Why would you think I didn't?

Know I was in good company; for a 5 day summer cruise there were several diamonds and platinum cruisers aboard. A few others complained as well.

The new cruise director is fantastic, he will not let this go on again.

I also get the the opportunity on the post cruise feedback solicitation. The good news is I photographed this nonsense in the pool and dining room.

Edited by BallFour4

I just googled "You Should Be Here" and the first links all have the same word attached to that phrase: SCAM.

I am surprised that CCL allowed them on board, and I am also surprised that once on board, CCL didn't ask them to stop bothering the pax.

I would have went to Guest Services and registered my complaint.

They don't care. Heck, no travel business cares as long as they're getting their $$$$. All that matters to them is they've got a guaranteed 200 people on board spending money.

I just wonder why in the World anyone would want to Venture on to a ship if they're on board.....

Edited by Kevin T Brown

Multi-level Marketing. I think of Amway, Avon, Tupperware, Thirty-One when someone says MLM.

Basically, a pyramid scheme where you get others to sell a product or service by buying it from you. In turn they create a new level who must buy from them and so on. Eventually, you run out of people to buy the stuff because everyone is selling it. Only the early adopters make any money. YMMV.

A pyramid scheme is an unsustainable business model that involves promising participants payment or services, primarily for enrolling other people into the scheme, rather than supplying any real investment or sale of products or services to the public.

Not all MLM companies are "pyramid schemes" Most MLM companies market real products and services to the public. Everyone has the opportunity to start at the top of their own personal business and can make as much or as little as they want. If you were to draw a picture of a traditional business it would be in the shape of a pyramid with the CEO/Owner on top and the employees on the bottom building that persons net worth instead of their own. You could do the same for the Church and the Government.

Do not group all MLM companies together. It is now a highly regulated business model. And yes I am in a MLM company and I would never approach someone I do not know while they are trying to enjoy their vacation.