Bar Harbor - Acadia Natl Park

Kaibocan

Would we have time to do an easy hike in Acadia Natl Park? Our cruise is the first week of October. If so, can you suggest a trail?

Are there any other do not miss spots in Bar Harbor?

Would it be best to get a rental car for the day?

Would we have time to do an easy hike in Acadia Natl Park? Our cruise is the first week of October. If so, can you suggest a trail?

There is another thread about some of the hikes in Bar Harbor, check that out.

As for can't miss sights, really, Bar Harbor doesn't have what we may think are 'can't miss sights'. There are several nice things to see and do, but 'can't miss', none really. As I said in another thread, if you are there at low tide, you can walk along the ocean floor, out to Bar Island (maybe 1/2 mile). We simply loved that.

And as for car rentals, there are none in Bar Harbor per say.

Cheers

Len

• 1 month later...

Yes, you would have time to do an easy hike. My suggestion would be to do either the Ocean Path which starts at Sand Beach and ends at Otter Cliff. or any one of the Carriage Roads which are inside ANP. Here is a CR map.

You could walk the BH Shore Path which starts south of the town dock.

Any hiking in ANP will require transportation to/from the trail. The Island Explorer only runs until Columbus Day, observed.

The closest car rental agency is located at the Hancock County/Bar Harbor Airport which is about 22 miles from the tender dock.

SBtS

• 1 year later...

To me, Bar Harbor was full of touristy trap gift stores. I did have an excellent lobster roll at a restaurant.

Be aware that the options offered by the cruise line (Holland America) are very expensive.

This is also a port where you go through Immigration and that can take a long time and this is a tendered port.

Hello, I see you are doing a NE cruise the first week of October - so are we. Do you happen to be on the Holland America cruise out of Boston on Oct. 1st? If so, maybe we can share some excursions? You can contact us at tfischer@ec.rr.com

Not sure if you are asking the original poster but their thread is from 2015

so I am thinking they may have cruised last year......

Hello, I see you are doing a NE cruise the first week of October - so are we. Do you happen to be on the Holland America cruise out of Boston on Oct. 1st? If so, maybe we can share some excursions? You can contact us at tfischer@ec.rr.com

Seeing that this post is from last year, I'm guessing the cruise was last year.

However, if you are looking to share excursions, the place to do that is your roll call.