3 year old on Freedom of the Seas

eeyore81

Can anyone tell me if they will allow a parent to go with a 3 year old to Adventure Ocean? I know my daughter would enjoy the activities, etc but she is going through a rough patch of separation anxiety. I am not expecting it to pass by our cruise. This is not just a cry for a minute and then get over it- we have had to take her our of preschool. She makes herself physically sick and has a panic attack. Thoughts?

Unfortunately no - parents are not allowed in AO. But I think that the nursery has open hours (when it is closed, so you can go in there and play with her). One other comment, our son was a bit tentative about AO until he made some friends - so go to open house during first day on board and see if she makes any friends.

I would give it a try, and if she's not ready...then you'll just have to entertain her on your own, like you do at home! They will NOT let parents or other adults stay.

Edited by cb at sea

Thanks for the responses. We have no problem keeping her with us the entire cruise. We have been on several with her. I just thought she would enjoy some of the activities. We may try it and see how she does. Do you know if they have any activities or crafts around the ship where parents and children are together?

Not all three year olds are ready for AO, but I'm sure you can understand the liability issues if they allowed any adults in. Most ships have playtime each day for little ones with their parent that they might be willing to allow her to participate in.