Blu-ray players on board the Marina?

AVphile

My wife and I are going to aboard the Marina for a Baltic cruise in 10 days and wanted to watch some movies in our cabin (a PH3 -- or possibly upgraded to an Oceania Suite).

Does anyone know whether in either category of cabin a Blu-ray player is included and, if so, whether it is fixed for one region (and which one that is) or is region-free?

Probably not in a PH. In the Oceania Suite there is a hard drive based server to select movies from.

Were you offered an upsell to a Oceania Suite and haven't decided yet or just thinking you might get an upgrade?

Upsells don't last long, if you want it better move soon.

I believe a DVD player is built into the TV, most likely not Blu-Ray. I don't know if it is specific to one area or will play any disc. There is a large selection of DVD's available at Reception, something like 700 choices. There is a menu of them in your stateroom. However, most of them are not current -- great opportunity to catch up with the classic movies. We always find something we haven't seen or want to see again.

No fee, but they do restrict you to two at a time, and if you keep them a couple of days, they may call to see if you're done with them, if someone else has requested that movie. They do have multiple copies of the most popular ones.

Edited by hondorner

I believe a DVD player is built into the TV, most likely not Blu-Ray.

The TV's on Riviera have Blu Ray players built in (deck 9 cabins) but not sure on Marina did not get a chance to check it out

Don't want to hijack this thread but I see you did a recent cruise to Alaska. Did you post a review with your fabulous photographs? If so, could you post a link? We are going to Alaska in August with O. Thanks.

Don't want to hijack this thread but I see you did a recent cruise to Alaska. Did you post a review with your fabulous photographs? If so, could you post a link? We are going to Alaska in August with O. Thanks.

We did two... :p

A Live From...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2195509

...and a Post cruise...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2210083

I am in a B2 Veranda on Marina right now. My TV is Insignia brand and says Blu-Ray on the DVD player that is built into the side of it just like the photo above. When I click the Input button on the remote my first 2 choices are TV and Blu-Ray. I would say it is a Blu-Ray DVD player, but I haven't used it.

Debbie