What happens if you share a drink package? Is there a drink limit?

Great response. And this is how we do it on a very busy port crusie. A 3 day port in the Carribean, we both buy the pkg. A 5 day port in 7 days, she doesn't. (She doesn't drink as much as I do)

But to be honest, I don't care what others do. None of that bothers me. To each their own cruise. Likewise, I really don't care what others think about how I choose to cruise. If I wish to buy a drink for my wife or a new cruise friend, I will without considering how & why others feel slighted. It's none of their business.

It's none of my business either if I see or hear about drink sharing. We're all chilling and having a great time. It doesn't make sense to get mixed up and/or involved with how others enjoy their cruise unless it's a direct fringement upon my rights or their rights. It's a catch me if you can mentality for some and some do get caught. It is what it is.

Best post in this thread. Well done sir.

Great response. And this is how we do it on a very busy port crusie. A 3 day port in the Carribean, we both buy the pkg. A 5 day port in 7 days, she doesn't. (She doesn't drink as much as I do)

But to be honest, I don't care what others do. None of that bothers me. To each their own cruise. Likewise, I really don't care what others think about how I choose to cruise. If I wish to buy a drink for my wife or a new cruise friend, I will without considering how & why others feel slighted. It's none of their business.

It's none of my business either if I see or hear about drink sharing. We're all chilling and having a great time. It doesn't make sense to get mixed up and/or involved with how others enjoy their cruise unless it's a direct fringement upon my rights or their rights. It's a catch me if you can mentality for some and some do get caught. It is what it is.

One of the most useless and cliche' responses that gets thrown around here all the time. This is a forum for discussion, which you would think would mean that opinions on various topics are the norm. Yet, when certain people hear an opinion they don't like, they resort to this kind of "I don't care what anyone else does; all I care about is enjoying my vacation" diatribes.

But, it generally makes them feel good about themselves and superior to those who express opinions on things, so I guess it's all good.

One of the most useless and cliche' responses that gets thrown around here all the time. This is a forum for discussion, which you would think would mean that opinions on various topics are the norm. Yet, when certain people hear an opinion they don't like, they resort to this kind of "I don't care what anyone else does; all I care about is enjoying my vacation" diatribes.

But, it generally makes them feel good about themselves and superior to those who express opinions on things, so I guess it's all good.

Still don't care how you feel and why you feel the way you do. But perhaps one day we can have a beer together and solve the world's problems. I'm buying... I'll have the premium drink package. :cool:

LOL! Pot calling the kettle black much? And when you dont agree with something you result to throwing out you little insult jabs just as you did above. Everything you disagree with is hyperbole :rolleyes:

Its rather obvious the ONLY opinions that count in your mind around here are the ones you agree with. Spin it however you want to but we all see that its true.

Now go on for the last word again. Im going home. Later

LOL! Pot calling the kettle black much? And when you dont agree with something you result to throwing out you little insult jabs just as you did above. Everything you disagree with is hyperbole :rolleyes:

Its rather obvious the ONLY opinions that count in your mind around here are the ones you agree with. Spin it however you want to but we all see that its true.

Now go on for the last word again. Im going home. Later

I like hearing differing opinions. And I like to jab back at those who are whining about others' opinions. Especially when they're acting holier-than-thou, while calling others people the same.

But, seriously, it is rather cliche' here to defend a position (especially one that is about bending or breaking the rules) with the old jab about why do people worry about what other people do . . . ?

I don't you'll recognize it as a tire and cliche' cop-out, but that's how I see it. Personally, I think it's okay for someone to have an opinion that you should respect the cruise line's rules. I also think it's okay for someone to have an opinion that some rules are meant to be bent or broken. The silliest thing, to me, is the "why do you care" stuff, that implies (if not outright stating) an opinion that other people should keep their opinions to themselves.

Still don't care how you feel and why you feel the way you do. But perhaps one day we can have a beer together and solve the world's problems. I'm buying... I'll have the premium drink package. :cool:

Thanks, but I don't drink beer. More of a wine or cocktail person, myself.

But I imagine we could have a drink together without argument. This is an internet forum for discussion, which is why people tend to discuss their opinions about these kind of cruise topics. If I'm sitting with you in person, I don't the topic would even come up. It's the implication that those who have an opinion about respecting some kind of rule are busybodies who go around always worrying about what everyone else is doing that is cliche'.

I don't think you should get drinks for other people from a package that is meant for your consumption only.

I think, if it's formal night, and you dine in the MDR, you should dress up for it.

I think only you should occupy a deck chair, not a towel and or book on your behalf.

I think you should only bring on-board the things you're allowed to bring on-board.

I think a number of things like that, and if the subject comes up on a discussion forum, I might share my opinion. But I don't spend a lick of time worrying about any of that, while I'm actually on the cruise.

Edited by Paul65

How's this for murky water.

"I want to buy my wife a drink" and hand the card over. I have had some bartenders run it on the package even when it was declared as not mine. Others charged me as I indicated. Out of my hands

Had that happen several times. I would be drinking with another passenger I was socializing with onboard and the bartender put it on their package. It was out of my hands. I think those were passengers who had become regular at that bar and gave the bartender tips.

A little off topic - I have read on CC that you do not have to buy the drink package for the whole cruise, just at least the last four days. Where does it say that on RCL's web site? Also, do they still have the Drink of The Day?

It may not say that but they do. I was on Oasis a few weeks ago and they did offer the package for $45 for the last two days. They might have had a special for the last four days but I wasn't really paying attention.

But I imagine we could have a drink together without argument. This is an internet forum for discussion, which is why people tend to discuss their opinions about these kind of cruise topics. If I'm sitting with you in person, I don't the topic would even come up. It's the implication that those who have an opinion about respecting some kind of rule are busybodies who go around always worrying about what everyone else is doing that is cliche'.

I don't think you should get drinks for other people from a package that is meant for your consumption only.

I think, if it's formal night, and you dine in the MDR, you should dress up for it.

I think only you should occupy a deck chair, not a towel and or book on your behalf.

I think you should only bring on-board the things you're allowed to bring on-board.

I think a number of things like that, and if the subject comes up on a discussion forum, I might share my opinion. But I don't spend a lick of time worrying about any of that, while I'm actually on the cruise.

It's all good. I don't give a flip about it either while I'm cruising. Where we differ is that I don't care on the threads either. Life is too short.

It's all good. I don't give a flip about it either while I'm cruising. Where we differ is that I don't care on the threads either. Life is too short.

Well why are you posting about it if you don't care :confused:

:confused:

Spot on.

Well why are you posting about it if you don't care :confused:

Because it feels good to tell people you're better than them, because you don't care what other people do. :cool:

Because it feels good to tell people you're better than them, because you don't care what other people do. :cool:

Well you got part of it right! I really don't care what you do and or why you do it. None of my business. What I do is none of your business either. And this is what bothers you. You want it badly to be your business!

Later guys. My job is done!

No need to be confused. Paul is a message board bully. Nothing more, nothing less. But he's harmless. He just likes to agitate. His handle should be Maytag. :D

That's right! You nailed it. I disagree with you on this, because I'm a bully. That could be the only reason. :rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-I9300I using Tapatalk

It both depends on the restaurants willingness to allow that to happen (some do, some don't) and in many cases, there are state or liquor laws that prohibit it. Even where allowed by both, there is sometimes a corkage fee.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where I live always a corkage fee... which is super awesome. The waiters often take a sip, because I bring a very nice wine that they have most likely never had.

jc

Can't do that here, although it's not because of any restaurant policy, it is liquor law.

I am sorry you live in a police state.:o

In the civilized world this happens all of the time. Great wine is to be consumed with great food.

keeping the two seperated is just wrong.

Most restaurants have the crappy wine their local distributor has, great restaurants love great wine.

jc

It may not say that but they do. I was on Oasis a few weeks ago and they did offer the package for $45 for the last two days. They might have had a special for the last four days but I wasn't really paying attention.

On am Eastern Caribbean Cruise, that's perfect with the two sea days in a row. I haven't decided yet which package if any to get - if drinks really are $10 a la carte now though, I'm sure it will be one of them.

On am Eastern Caribbean Cruise, that's perfect with the two sea days in a row. I haven't decided yet which package if any to get - if drinks really are $10 a la carte now though, I'm sure it will be one of them.

It all depends on how many of those $10-11 drinks you are going to get EVERY DAY. Add up the number of drinks you think you are going to get and compare it to the daily drinks package cost. Remember to factor in the port days where you will be off the ship most of the day. It is likely that you will not be getting as many drinks on those days, but are still being charged the daily package cost.

There is a very good reason that RCL and the other cruise lines offer the drinks package. It is not to save you money.... They make a huge profit from people who think they will be drinking more than they actually do on a daily average.

But, if you like helping the company make a lot of profit, I as a stockholder appreciate it.... :D

For me the problem is that we've all stopped caring about what others do, everyone looks the other way, what harm is it doing, etc etc. This is how we've ended up having to have so many rules for everything, because when it used to be seen as shameful and impolite to take things you weren't entitled to, there was no need to have a formal rule for it. The rules of common decency used to be enough. Now we all think our own needs/wants are just that much more important than being a good member of society.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

The real funny thing here Paul, is that I dont disagree with you on any of that. In fact I totally agree.

Im not sure how I wind up on the other side of these debates/ arguments with you as I agree with much of what you say. I guess I feel as if you have no tolerance for other opinions than those that you agree with. I may of missed it but I never once saw you call hyperbole on a poster that used words like "press charges" and "thrown off the ship" when discussing sharing a drink off a drink package. Dont you think that is a little exaggerated too?

I suppose its all me and my fault. Maybe I need to take a better look at myself. With that said, I dont believe you are a forum bully and Im certainly not trying to be one either. I think you are a dang good debater however. Me? Not so much.

Edited by ryano

I may of missed it but I never once seen you call hyperbole on a poster that used words like "press charges" and "thrown off the ship" when discussing sharing a drink off a drink package. Dont you think that is a little exaggerated too?

Absolutely, and I have disagreed with those statements, as well. Maybe you only take notice, when you're the one with whom I'm disagreeing. But it could also be that one of my peeves is when people try to exaggerate what others have said. So I probably gig people more on that.

But I think it may be somewhere in this thread, where xpcdoojk was making a comment about RCCL not likely having much luck prosecuting someone for sharing drinks, and I pointed out to him that no one had mentioned being prosecuted for it, so that was irrelevant.

When people talk about getting thrown off the ship, I have at times given my view that, while the cruise line certainly can, and sometimes does, put passengers off the ship, it's not going to be for a minor infraction. It's more likely to be either for some sort of violent or illegal activity or a continued refusal to comply with rules or Captain's orders.