pool towel switch on Summit?

dorito6778

-are they in your room and you can trade in for a dry one at the pool? (like they do on NCL)

-are they by the pool and you grab as you please? (disney)

-are they by the pool and they scan your card for the number taken daily? (RCL)

why must pool towels be so complicated?? lol

-are they in your room and you can trade in for a dry one at the pool? (like they do on NCL)

Stateroom attendant will get you clean one

-are they by the pool and you grab as you please? (disney)

Not the towels to take off the ship. There are plenty of pool towels near the pools.

-are they by the pool and they scan your card for the number taken daily? (RCL) No scan. =X= trusts us to be honest.

There are two different towels, pool towels and towels in your stateroom that you can take to the beach.

why must pool towels be so complicated?? lol

See comments above

Towels are by the pool. You can take as many as you like (no sign out). For port days, your cabin attendant will leave larger ones in your cabin, which need to be brought back to your cabin when you return.

I just got off the Summit. The towels left in the staterooms in the evening to be taken off the ship were the exact same towels that are by the pool. They are grey in color. Your stateroom attendant will leave clean towels during evening turndown.

You can take as many towels as you like by the pool. On the Equinox in April, yellow towels were provided in the stateroom for the beach, but not so on the Summit.

Towels are by the pool. You can take as many as you like (no sign out). For port days, your cabin attendant will leave larger ones in your cabin, which need to be brought back to your cabin when you return.

That's not true about needing to bring back towels used in port to your cabin.

When we returned from the beach in Bermuda, there was a place when we boarded to drop used towels. We dropped ours there, and had no issues about missing towels.

If they needed to be brought back to the cabin, they wouldn't supply a drop-off location when you get back on board.

At the pool, check for towels before you get wet. I didn't see any loungers available in the solarium at 1 PM on a sea day once and just put my things on a wall and went for a swim. When I got out to go back to the cabin, there was not a single clean towel in the rack. The pool butler was loading up all the used towels on a cart, but didn't have one clean one. I dripped off a little and had to sog back through the ship to my cabin on deck 11 aft...not really feeling that 'modern luxury' at all.

At the pool, check for towels before you get wet. I didn't see any loungers available in the solarium at 1 PM on a sea day once and just put my things on a wall and went for a swim. When I got out to go back to the cabin, there was not a single clean towel in the rack. The pool butler was loading up all the used towels on a cart, but didn't have one clean one. I dripped off a little and had to sog back through the ship to my cabin on deck 11 aft...not really feeling that 'modern luxury' at all.

All the towels were probably on loungers, having been used by "pool hogs" to mark their space :) You could have just "borrowed" one of those and no one would have been the wiser :)

I just got off the Summit. The towels left in the staterooms in the evening to be taken off the ship were the exact same towels that are by the pool. They are grey in color. Your stateroom attendant will leave clean towels during evening turndown.

You can take as many towels as you like by the pool. On the Equinox in April, yellow towels were provided in the stateroom for the beach, but not so on the Summit.

We noticed that too, on our recent Summit cruise. Instead of the nice yellow beach towels with the Celebrity Logo on them, we had two RATTY grey pool towels left in our room. When we asked our butler, he said they no longer had the "nice" beach towels. :(

That's not true about needing to bring back towels used in port to your cabin.

When we returned from the beach in Bermuda, there was a place when we boarded to drop used towels. We dropped ours there, and had no issues about missing towels.

If they needed to be brought back to the cabin, they wouldn't supply a drop-off location when you get back on board.

Bermuda sailings vary from others.

Typically X provides large yellow towels to take off ship, with a note left in cabin that you need to return to the cabin or be billed and not to leave them at the pool.

In Bermuda on Summit with the overnights they just use the same as at the pool and pay no attention to this as everyone is using towels every day in quantity.

We noticed that too, on our recent Summit cruise. Instead of the nice yellow beach towels with the Celebrity Logo on them, we had two RATTY grey pool towels left in our room. When we asked our butler, he said they no longer had the "nice" beach towels. :(

I actually like the grey towels. Ours were not ratty at all. They looked brand new.

I also liked the yellow ones on the Equinox. But on a few days we did get older blue towels, when they ran out of yellow ones.

we were recently left 2 ratty towels in our cabin. We up to the pool and took 2 towels from there. They were much nicer, thicker towels. They weren't the blue/gray ones that were in the room. I think they were brown by the pool.

No more logo beach towels. Looks like another ship is up for sale.:D

Yes, they have to sell the M-class ships.....they don't have grass and don't fit the "grass is greener" marketing campaign :)

The pool towels on Summit are new from last year. They are large gray towels, and you can take as many as you wish. Most folks take two -- one to lay on the chair, and the other to dry off.

Last year they were a light blue color, and those were the ones they issued in our staterooms to take off the ship to the beach.

The pool towels on Summit are new from last year. They are large gray towels, and you can take as many as you wish. Most folks take two -- one to lay on the chair, and the other to dry off.

Last year they were a light blue color, and those were the ones they issued in our staterooms to take off the ship to the beach.

Gray/brown...I was close! LOL :p

I just know the pool towels were much nicer than the crap they left in the room!

One of the things I love about Celebrity is their towel system! No signing out, take as many as you need, clean towels exchanged in room or at the pool....

You no longer have to sign out pool towels on RCCL either. No pool towels supplied in your cabin though.