Much Lower Price?

Anyone else have an issue with RCCL when they see their cruise online now with a much lower price? Cruise is paid fr so they are saying "can't help you"? Really meaning won't help you. Anyone to talk to? Cruising in 10 days.

Anyone else have an issue with RCCL when they see their cruise online now with a much lower price? Cruise is paid fr so they are saying "can't help you"? Really meaning won't help you. Anyone to talk to? Cruising in 10 days.

It's been their policy for for about 5 years now, no credit of any kind after final payment date.

Check if there is a higher category that has also come down in price. Royal will still let you move up if the cost is attractive to you.

10 days out there is nothing you can do. Price drop price matching is only done up to final payment.

My advice: go enjoy your cruise in 10 days. :)

If you wait until after the final payment date to book, you won't have this problem. ;)

It's been their policy for for about 5 years now, no credit of any kind after final payment date.

Check if there is a higher category that has also come down in price. Royal will still let you move up if the cost is attractive to you.

Related question: We're a family of 4 in an inside. If there aren't any higher categories available would they allow us to "upgrade" to two connecting inside cabins, for example?

Edited by sherezada

Related question: We're a family of 4 in an inside. If there aren't any higher categories available would they allow us to "upgrade" to two connecting inside cabins, for example?

Good question, I'd love to know the answer too. I suspect that it would not be allowed because you are cancelling two people in an existing booking after final payment date, but that's just a guess.

So you can't get any price difference as OBC either? (Sorry, I'm a newb.)

Nope.

The only exception is if your initial booking was less than 48 hours from the price drop. Then Royal will give you 110% of the difference in OBC.

Once I have booked a cruise, I do a mock booking several times a week (up to the point where they ask for our names). If the price has gone up, I pat myself on the back for having gotten a lower price. If the price goes down, I immediately call my TA and ask them to call RC for the lower price. However, once the final payment date has come and gone, I NEVER check the prices, because I think it could only lead to disappointment. On three Oasis cruises, I booked the exact cabin(s) we wanted (one was accessible), so "upgrading" wouldn't have been an option - even if it had been offered.

Also early saver has a lot of restriction's

Thing's aren't always as the appear

Well generally Carnival tends to make it so that only guarantees will be cheaper than your ES after final payment date and being that you cannot select a cabin with a guarantee it does not qualify for a price match to an ES. :)

And CCL has a Cadre of upsell staff to privately encourage reduced price upsells, to avoid publication of lower rates that early saver fare payors can't take advantage of. Admit I did it once because the deal was too good to pass up. Told the rep I knew what was going on but couldn't say no. He laughed.

Well generally Carnival tends to make it so that only guarantees will be cheaper than your ES after final payment date and being that you cannot select a cabin with a guarantee it does not qualify for a price match to an ES. :)

The other thing I don't like is once you put down your $500 you don't get any (cash) back if you cancel before final payment.

$100 fee to cancel and $4oo on a FCC to be used in 24 months

Not much help if you cancel for $ reasons.

The other thing I don't like is once you put down your $500 you don't get any (cash) back if you cancel before final payment.

$100 fee to cancel and $4oo on a FCC to be used in 24 months

Not much help if you cancel for $ reasons.

As someone who lost recently $300 when cancelling a Carnival cruise I fully understand what you mean on this one and hate that. Of course, when the when the price is $240 more for non-ES fare and $250 cancel penalty for ES then it gets more difficulty because in one case you lose $250 if you do not go on the cruise and $240 if you do go on the cruise.

Royal is 1000x better on this. :)

No I do not have any issue with lower last minute prices. These cruisers will get the least desirable cabins and if they have to fly, probably more expensive airfare. They may also not get their choice of dining times or other reservations.

Your complaint is probably one of the reasons RCCL is saying they will not be giving last minute discounts in the future. So if you think your post will get Royal to change their policy, it has, but not the way you wanted them to change.

Everyone on an airplane pays different prices for their seats and there is not a lot of complaints about this. It is what it is.

Enjoy your cruise. Don't worry about the fact that a few people on the cruise got a lower price. There are many more that paid more than you.

Once I have booked a cruise, I do a mock booking several times a week (up to the point where they ask for our names). If the price has gone up, I pat myself on the back for having gotten a lower price. If the price goes down, I immediately call my TA and ask them to call RC for the lower price. However, once the final payment date has come and gone, I NEVER check the prices, because I think it could only lead to disappointment. On three Oasis cruises, I booked the exact cabin(s) we wanted (one was accessible), so "upgrading" wouldn't have been an option - even if it had been offered.

That is exactly how I am. Why lead yourself to disappointment? When booking the cruise we obviously only pay what the cruise is worth to us (or we don't book). Every price break you can take advantage of is icing on the cake. After final payment - no sense in looking.

I booked a cabin in August and friend booked September 2014. She learned rates dropped prior to final payment. Approximately $500 in a (GS) grand suite and she had not been charged final payment. She got the price reduction and only lost $25 OBC. I had been charged final payment prior to the 60 day deadline. Called Royal to express my displeasure and had no success the 1st time. Called the next day and really made a big deal! My point was we were charged the same price, but I was placed in a group rate and she was in an individual rate. We booked with the same price club and were given the same obc. They were looking to offer me an upgrade (free) which was not available. I received $210 which already appeared as a credit on AMEX, lost $25 in OBC, but gained $ 50 specialty dining credit.:what::what::what:

Wonder if this means they are discounting close to the sale date. The CEO said at the quarterly conference call that they would not be doing that.