Aqua Class Guarenteed Staterooms

formula11

Hello,

Are all Aqua Class category staterooms on the same deck? And do they all have verandas? We're considering going the guarenteed route to save a few $$$, but wondering where this category of room might be situated. We know guarenteed categories may be anywhere on the ship, but I'm assuming Aqua class would narrow it down to a few deck options, closer to the spa, which I believe is on deck 10. Thanks. 1st time cruiser :)

Is it on an s class or m class ship? on the m class ships, AQ can either be new cabins on deck 11 or on deck 9 which have an overhang on top of the balconies. All AQ cabins have balconies.

Thank you for your reply Dabear. It's on the Celebrity Summit. Not sure if it's an M or S class ship. So can I assume it will probably be located forward on decks 9 or 11? I think the Spa is forward ship. Thanks for the guidance!

Edited by formula11

Are all Aqua Class category staterooms on the same deck? And do they all have verandas? We're considering going the guarenteed route to save a few $$$, but wondering where this category of room might be situated.

The location of AquaClass cabins varies by ship and you haven't said which one you are considering...

On the Millennium Class ships [Constellation, Infinity, Millennium and Summit], the AquaClass 1 cabins are located on Deck 11 and the AquaClass 2 cabins are located on Deck 9... AquaClass service was added to each of these ships during their last significant dry docks... Those on Deck 9 were converted to AquaClass service from prior service as Concierge Class cabins... Those on Deck 11 were added and--while newer--are identical to those on Deck 9 in terms of interior layout/furnishings...

On four of the five Solstice Class ships [Eclipse, Equinox, Silhouette and Solstice], all AquaClass cabins are located on Deck 11 with AquaClass 1 cabins being more midships and AquaClass 2 cabins being more forward or more aft [solstice has a slight variation in that there are a few AquaClass 1 cabins located on the aft--not toward the aft along the starboard or port sides of the ship--with a direct rear-facing view]... The interior layout/furnishings are identical other than for bed placement [in some cabins, the bed is closer to the veranda and in others the bed is closer to the bath (on an alternating basis); only location differs]...

On the fifth Solstice Class ship--Reflection--AquaClass was expanded and there are AquaClass cabins on both Decks 11 and 12... Other comments noted above relative to Eclipse, Equinox, Silhouette and Solstice remain true...

All AquaClass cabins are veranda cabins... The spa on each of the Millennium-Class ships is located on Deck 10 and the spa on each of the Solstice Class ships is located on Decks 11 and 12 [with a Reception Area on each deck]; in all cases, the spa is always located toward the forward section of the ship...

If you haven't done so, you may want to look at the Deck Plan for the ship you are considering on the Celebrity website [drill down under the heading "Plan A Cruise" and then under the subheading "Ships"]...

Hope this helps... Happy sailing and welcome to Cruise Critic!

Wow! Thank you for your detailed explanation. We may try our luck with a guarenteed AQ stateroom & hope it lands us close to mid ship on the Summit. There's a significant price difference between guarenteed AQ staterooms & one where we chose the stateroom in the AQ category. Thanks for your help!

Formula11, welcome to the cruising world and Celebrity. However, I warn you, it might become addictive!

In addition to the excellent and detailed comments from the previous posters, I provide the link to the Summit deck plan:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/ships/celebrity-summit#Deck_Plans/ships/celebrity-summit/deck-plans

When are you sailing on the Summit? We will sail on her next week and will dine in Blu!

Hi vivi9909, We're looking into a Bermuda sailing from NJ on August 9. Enjoy your trip! We can't wait ourselves. We just needed some advice on nailing dowm a nice mid ship veranda on the Summit at a reasonable price. We figured a guarenteed AQ cabin may fit the bill, at the very least it's in an upper deck & forward.

One good thing about guaranteed cabins....once they have assigned you to a cabin....you can check it's location, etc...and if there is another cabin available in the same category as the one assigned (A2 to A2...not A2 to A1), you can request changing to that cabin at no charge.

So you were assigned your cabin after 3 days? If you book a guarenteed room, I thought you only found out what cabin your in when you board. I didn't know you found out so quickly & there's an option to request a different one if your don't want anything too forward or aft. Still learning all this :)

Edited by formula11

This is all very good information. How would one go about requesting a cabin change if the one you're assigned to isn't to your liking (ie too forward or aft)? Do you contact Celebrity directly? Is there a protocol / cutoff date for such requests? Thanks again!

This is all very good information. How would one go about requesting a cabin change if the one you're assigned to isn't to your liking (ie too forward or aft)? Do you contact Celebrity directly? Is there a protocol / cutoff date for such requests? Thanks again!

You contact whoever booked your ticket to make the request. There is no "cutoff" date on this...if the cabin is available, they will (almost always) exchange your cabin for the one you want. We've done it a few times...never a problem.

You contact whoever booked your ticket to make the request. There is no "cutoff" date on this...if the cabin is available, they will (almost always) exchange your cabin for the one you want. We've done it a few times...never a problem.

Great advice about switching. I recently booked an AQ Guarantee on Silhouette at less than a OV price on the same cruise. Assigned an A1 (1554) and switched to one of my favorite cabins (1606) at no additional cost. Great price for a great cabin.

Hello,

Are all Aqua Class category staterooms on the same deck? And do they all have verandas? We're considering going the guarenteed route to save a few $$$, but wondering where this category of room might be situated. We know guarenteed categories may be anywhere on the ship, but I'm assuming Aqua class would narrow it down to a few deck options, closer to the spa, which I believe is on deck 10. Thanks. 1st time cruiser :)

Only issues are location- could be under the gym and machines are noisy or under whirpools- could be an problem. Sometimes a handicapped cabin will be different- with a different configuration and roll in shower. So it's up to you. The savings is significant and as one poster stated, if other AQ are available in same category- you can change. Lucky to do it once with a sky suite. We changed from handicapped sky suite to a regular sky suite . We called immediately.

Edited by Cruise a holic

If you booked it yourself, you can just call the Celebrity reservation number to request the change and anyone who answers the phone there should be able to do it for you.

Or even better, if you are a member of the Captain's Club, I would suggest calling the Captain's Club number.

We find the people who answer the phones there to be very helpful, and there as well anyone who answers the phone should be able to make the change for you immediately,

so you don't need to play telephone tag, leaving messages and waiting for somebody to call you back later.

But if your reservation was transferred to a travel agent, then you would need to contact the travel agent to make the change for you, regardless of who originally booked it.

Edited by varoo

If you booked it yourself, you can just call the Celebrity reservation number to request the change and anyone who answers the phone there should be able to do it for you.

Or even better, if you are a member of the Captain's Club, I would suggest calling the Captain's Club number.

We find the people who answer the phones there to be very helpful, and there as well anyone who answers the phone should be able to make the change for you immediately,

so you don't need to play telephone tag, leaving messages and waiting for somebody to call you back later.

But if your reservation was transferred to a travel agent, then you would need to contact the travel agent to make the change for you, regardless of who originally booked it.

Because of the access issues, we now only book direct. I like the flexibility of making changes if I see a better rate or cabin immediately. The TA can keep the freebies. IMO access is very worthwhile.

Because of the access issues, we now only book direct. I like the flexibility of making changes if I see a better rate or cabin immediately. The TA can keep the freebies. IMO access is very worthwhile.

In principle I agree with you and also prefer to book direct.

However, there are times when the additional benefits offered by a TA are so irresistible that they make it worth the hassles of needing to involve a third party and more than compensate for any inconvenience of doing so. :D

In principle I agree with you and also prefer to book direct.

However, there are times when the additional benefits offered by a TA are so irresistible that they make it worth the hassles of needing to involve a third party and more than compensate for any inconvenience of doing so. :D

Last January, my DH and I sailed for two weeks on the Eclipse. We were booked in a CC cabin. Being neurotic I kept checking to see the rates and availability of suites. Two days before our sailing a sky suite was listed. None were listed a few weeks before. I immediately called Celebrity and changed to the sky suite for just a few hundred dollars. I couldn't believe it! when on board our neighbors in the next suite told us due to illness, their friends hand to cancel the cruise at the last minute. I can assure you had I hesitated i would have never received this upgrade! worth a few thousand instead of a few hundred. No perks from any TA could have matched this deal. I have done this upgrade on other sailings, but this deal was the best! He who hesitates.......

Keep in mind , any cabins under the Aqua cafe are noisy, since they start moving their carts very early in the morning. I would never take those cabins, so some cabins under the pool area.

I had a Concierge cabin (booked GTY) under the buffet on Silhouette last year. Every morning after 6am I heard noise from above and thought it was tables being moved around. after being woken up one time too many I got dressed and went upstairs and discovered that I was right under the area that carts rolled out from the gallery onto a time floor. I had always thought we were under tables, but forgot that the ship got wider on that level. What's worse, there had been another CC cabin available and I did not ask to switch it.

They fixed that on Reflection and the AQ cabins are above the buffet, not below.

We were under the pool area in AQ on Summit last year and didn't have any problems. I had checked the deck plans and we were under the Solarium area, so not that much foot traffic. The Aqua Spa Cafe is in the middle of the ship (as opposed to the sides) so I'm not sure how carts would affect cabins below.

We've sailed on all of the M class ships and on deck 9 normally. The midship's cabins are under the pool deck with some noise particularly in the early morning.

I do not agree with Isabella. We find cabins aft of 9108 (starboard side) or aft of 9125 (port side) to be quieter. We've also not felt much motion in this general area either. If you are assigned a cabin aft of the central elevator check back before you opt for a midship cabin. There are plenty of us who can assist you.

You should also check out the Aqua perks. Dining in Blu is quite nice too.

You should also check out the Aqua perks. Dining in Blu is quite nice too.

I was very disappointed in Blu on Summit. I love duck breast cooked medium rare and they overcooked it both times I had it. And the last night (when it was served with the pastey ground pecan topping), the maitre'd had the nerve to tell me they couldn't cook it medium rare when I complained, even though it had an asterisk on the menu warning against eating items that were not fully cooked.

And it took a half hour to get it because they had apparently run out and had to make more.

I had wanted to eat at Blu for a long time because their menu always looked great. After my experience, I would not do it again.

Edited by MisterBill99

Australians and people from the UK are excluded from being able to change allocations.