Hair dryers on Eclipse

Ehg

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me? We are sailing on Eclipse on Sunday and I have packing on my mind - of course!

This is our first time with Celebrity and I am wondering what the hair dryers are like in the cabins please?

Our internet at home is not working - disaster! So I hope someone might be able to help in the next hours or so while I have Internet access.....?

Thank you! Xx

They have small hair dryers that blow hot or hotter air and have a button that has to be held down to operate. They are not great but they work. I don't take my hair dryer with me because I don't want the weight or the space needed to carry it.

Edited by cruzzzinma

Unless you have very short hair, bring yours. I got tired of holding the button in. It hurts. I have used a large rubber band. However, the hairdryer is weak. I have short hair. I got so annoyed using the dryer that I let my hair air dry. If you have room, bring your own.

I never bring my hairdryer. The only problem with the hair dryer is that you have to continua hold down the button. I bring a couple of wide rubber bands and that does the trick. FYI I have medium length hair.

Got fed up of the hairdryer on my first every X cruise. I find my hair dries really well on the balcony with an accompanying glass of wine. Does not dry into correct style without the wine!

Got fed up of the hairdryer on my first every X cruise. I find my hair dries really well on the balcony with an accompanying glass of wine. Does not dry into correct style without the wine!

Brilliant!

Definitely what I will do next spring on the Eclipse.

I gave up on the hair dryer on the Infinity after the first try.

My hair is really long and thick so I ended up just twisting it up wet.

Excellent answer. Wish I had thought of that. Have never had an issue with hair dryer on any cruise, least of my concerns.

Excellent answer. Wish I had thought of that. Have never had an issue with hair dryer on any cruise, least of my concerns.

Some people do have issues with the hairdryers, I'm so happy that you don't, wondering why you gave us your thoughts if you couldn't care less though.

See you Sunday Ehg, looking forward to it.

I don't have hair :D

Seriously, my wife takes her own. Bought a very lightweight travel dryer in Boots last year and declared it was better and more powerful than the one she uses at home.................don't forget your adapters :D

I have a good and small travel dryer that takes almost no space.I like for my hair to look good on a cruise but the one on the ship takes way to long.Invest in a good one once and you will have it for life !!!!

Thank you for all the replies. Adapters! We're used to sailing with P&O so I hadn't thought of that! Yikes, hope I can find one...... I love your solution to the rubbish hair dryer problem, chemmo, that sounds a very good plan. I have shoulder length hair but I am very lazy so the balcony + wine seems to be the perfect solution. See you tomorrow dwhe. Can't wait. [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

My hair would go about half way down my back if untied. I think it gets frizzy if I use any heat at all, my complaint with most hotel hair dryers is they have just one super hot setting. Luckily sometimes a button you can hold down to keep it at the cool setting.

I'm not a wine drinker, so I think beer and the balcony might work for me.

Thank you for all the replies. Adapters! We're used to sailing with P&O so I hadn't thought of that! Yikes, hope I can find one...... I love your solution to the rubbish hair dryer problem, chemmo, that sounds a very good plan. I have shoulder length hair but I am very lazy so the balcony + wine seems to be the perfect solution. See you tomorrow dwhe. Can't wait. [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Can't see where you are from. If it's the UK and you are flying you can get them at the airport. Celebrity have US plug sockets so you'll need US adapters. Best get a few for all your electric stuff

Beer and hair drying on the balcony is effective but only with bottled beer. Cans result in excessive fizziness!

There's only one canned beer I ever have, that's Guinness. I've only ever seen it in cans here, I have no idea if it even comes in bottles. Otherwise I always prefer glass, even for soft drinks.