Silly question about Ship Entry on Allure

When you enter / exit the ship, do you get on/off at level 1? Or do you actually enter (and exit) at some other level? I seem to picture a ramp entering the ship so am thinking it's not the very bottom level.

(Just wondering for self disembarkment ....if we were to walk down the stairs from our stateroom on the 7th floor, if we actually need to go down 7 levels)

Edited by LuCruise

When you enter / exit the ship, do you get on/off at level 1? Or do you actually enter (and exit) at some other level? I seem to picture a ramp entering the ship so am thinking it's not the very bottom level.

(Just wondering for self dismemberment....if we were to walk down the stairs from our stateroom on the 7th floor, if we actually need to go down 7 levels)

In Port Everglades, you enter on deck 5, Royal Promenade.

In Port Everglades, you enter on deck 5, Royal Promenade.

Oh that's great. I've heard horror stories about waiting for the elevator on disembarkation...so if we are on deck 7, then that's not too bad (i.e. for dh...to carry the suitcases down ourselves)

Thanks.

(Just wondering for self disembarkment ....if we were to walk down the stairs from our stateroom on the 7th floor, if we actually need to go down 7 levels)

Actually, from deck 7 (not the 7th floor), you can only go down to deck 3. Decks 2,1,0 are crew only decks.

On the Oasis, I imagine Allure is the same.

Embarcation/Disembarcation at the beginning and ending of the cruise is on Deck 5

In ports of call it is Deck 2. In the elevator there is a button you push to go to the deck to leave the ship. Sometimes it took us to deck 3 where you then go down the stairs to deck 2. Other times it took us directly to deck 2. I imagine they use deck 3 during the "rush" hours.

Thanks for all the replies. This is good news for us since it will make self disembarkment that much easier if we only have to go from deck 7 to deck 5...and if we don't want to wait for elevators.

Interesting that they have a different deck to exit and enter at ports.

And how neat that you actually enter at the Promenade level. Very smart of Royal.

In Fort Lauderdale we boarded on deck 5, and disembarked from the same deck in Barcelona as well, so I suspect it's a favoured entry/exit.

Walking off the ship at pier level at the ports is a different level though. It is marked in the elevators and usually announced on the CD's morning show.

If you are doing self-disembarkation, just make sure that you have one free hand. Once inside the terminal at Port Everglades, you will have to use the escalator with your luggage. If you do not have one free hand to hold onto the handrail, or you cannot manage your luggage onto the moving step, you will be directed to use the elevator which often has a huge line (important if you are on a tight schedule to get to the airport for an early flight).

If you are doing self-disembarkation, just make sure that you have one free hand. Once inside the terminal at Port Everglades, you will have to use the escalator with your luggage. If you do not have one free hand to hold onto the handrail, or you cannot manage your luggage onto the moving step, you will be directed to use the elevator which often has a huge line (important if you are on a tight schedule to get to the airport for an early flight).

Thank you for this tip as I thought it would just be the ship elevator that is the issue. We'll each have our carry on (possibly kids included) plus DH will need to manage the main luggage. It's on wheels so straight floor isn't an issue as I can help out but not sure about at the escalator.

next time we go on a cruise we will self disembark, we waited for 45mins for our case's to appear & there were lots of others without theirs. we filled in a "lost luggage" form, they said the cases may make the flight or else would be posted to us! Luckily while we were sat on the couch a porter appeared with ours (if we hadn't spoken to someone about it not sure how long it would have taken)

we saw lots of people coming off at the same place we did with their cases & they got on the coaches without the hassle we had, definitely do that next time.

...In ports of call it is Deck 2. In the elevator there is a button you push to go to the deck to leave the ship. Sometimes it took us to deck 3 where you then go down the stairs to deck 2. Other times it took us directly to deck 2. I imagine they use deck 3 during the "rush" hours.
And those stairs between Deck 3 and Deck 2 move (ie they are escalators).

Thom