Specialty Dining Cruises

Yankee Doodle

Does anyone have the current costs for Murano, Quisne and Tuscan?

Murano was listed at $50.00 pp on the Celebrity website. The others were not listed at this time.

Looks like the specialty dining costs have increased since we sailed the Eclipse last in 2013.

IIRC, QSine is the same, and Tuscan is $10.00 less. We have never paid list price.

There is a small discount if you book online. You must pay at the time of online booking.

There's usually an onboard discount for the first night, and if you ask as you are leaving they will usually offer another discount for return bookings. We always dine at Murano [or its M-class equivalent] more than once, because the food is so good!

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

You will usually see a podium outside the buffet entrance or even by Bistro on 5 with staff asking if you would like to make a reservation so maybe that's where the discounts are offered too.

If discounts are offered, what type of discounts are they? Is it a percentage off or buy one dinner get 50% off a second? I ask because I always purchase a dining package ahead of time, just easier for us, so I have never had to pay attention to scope out discounts. The dining packages are not offered for our December Australia/New Zealand cruise for some reason so I might be on the hunt for a deal or two.

You will usually see a podium outside the buffet entrance or even by Bistro on 5 with staff asking if you would like to make a reservation so maybe that's where the discounts are offered too.

If discounts are offered, what type of discounts are they? Is it a percentage off or buy one dinner get 50% off a second? I ask because I always purchase a dining package ahead of time, just easier for us, so I have never had to pay attention to scope out discounts. The dining packages are not offered for our December Australia/New Zealand cruise for some reason so I might be on the hunt for a deal or two.

Sometimes it is a % off and sometimes it is buy one/get one. It is not

automatically one specific discount.

On our last cruise, Murano was $50 per person and Tuscan Grill, Lawn Club and Qsine were $45 on the ship.

A 20% discount was offered to everyone for the first night. Nothing extra for Aqua Class. I think the discounts go by supply and demand.

Discounts vary by cruise. Generally Aqua gets 50% off the first night....everyone else gets 20%...but as you can see from other posts this isn't always.

Don't be afraid of "making them an offer". "I'd love to eat in Murano if you'd give me a BOGO" or something like that. They may take you up on it or they can just say no...but if you don't ask.

We haven't eaten in a specialty restaurant (other than bistro on 5) for the list price in the past three years. Generally we're Ok with $30pp for Murano vs $50, but recently, we've been able to get 50% off.

Oh...and they sometimes offer packages that are created on board....one cruise offered two dinners and one lunch in a package.

Be aware that there are specialty restaurant lunches with significantly reduced menu options. Some of the fancy items have been deleted this year. The deal may not be as good as you think. Check out the menu.

Also, discounts are often offered for the less desirable (for us at least) times. If there are particular times you wish to dine, then book before you leave. Also, formal nights tend to fill up rather quickly on some cruises.