Kung Fu Panda Noodle shop

A new a la carte venue appears on the updated RCI 'Dining Options by Ship' chart, the Kung-Fu Panda Noodle shop.

This venue is shown existing or coming to all Oasis, Freedom and Voyager Class ships.

Is this a new venue? Has anyone heard or experienced this venue?

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/statichtmlpage.do?pagename=brochure_dining_guide_options

It appears you have to go forward one page from that link.

Edited by MADflyer

I knew they were adding a Noodle shop on Quantum as an Izumi wouldn't fly in China but I had not heard they were adding it to more ships. And on Majesty, the Compass Deli at night is Cocina's Cantina, it was excellent so I hope they didn't stop that and put in the noodle shop instead

I doubt they would add it on the Majesty as she´s leaving the fleet.

thing is, that Kung-Fu Panda noodle shop is showing up in this interactive list but not when you click on pdf.

steamboats

The PDF version has not been updated with Ovation or Harmony as well.

I am wondering if it is just some sort of 'kiosk' venue that could be added to an existing venue or only offer 'to go' offerings.

It does show the single $ symbol, indicating lower cost a la carte and is in the company of Ben and Jerry's, Cups and Scoops, the Ice Cream Parlor, Johnny Rockets, Michaels Genuine Pub, Rita's Cantina and Starbucks.

it is possible that it will be added to other ships but Majesty??? Doubt that.

I would not see it as a high cost addition. It would seem noodles would be very high profit margin even at a minimal cost.

While Majesty does leave RCI and it would be odd to add new venues at this point, she does transfer to RCL owned Pullmantur and even the recent dry dock only benefits them in the long run.

Here you can see how the just kept the Schooner Bar and changed the name to the 'Bar Fragata' (Frigate Bar)

https://www.pullmantur.es/barco/monarch/bares-y-restaurantes/bar-fragata.html

I would not see it as a high cost addition. It would seem noodles would be very high profit margin even at a minimal cost.

While Majesty does leave RCI and it would be odd to add new venues at this point, she does transfer to RCL owned Pullmantur and even the recent dry dock only benefits them in the long run.

Here you can see how the just kept the Schooner Bar and changed the name to the 'Bar Fragata' (Frigate Bar)

https://www.pullmantur.es/barco/monarch/bares-y-restaurantes/bar-fragata.html

I do like the concept and it would be great if it were added to other ships.

So sad to see majesty go :(

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

I do like the concept and it would be great if it were added to other ships.

So sad to see majesty go :(

Majesty will be close at first at least. Pullmantur have her booked every Tuesday at Grand Cayman from the 31st of May 2016.

Interesting that the venues available now show Jewel! Grandeur and explorer as not having the coke Freestyle machines. They also do not have a $ sign beside them.

Harmony us also listed as having all 4 DD restaurants and not just the 3.

The Freestyle listings have been incorrect even before the latest update.

I do not think it is showing Harmony as having Silk right now.

The Freestyle listings have been incorrect even before the latest update.

I do not think it is showing Harmony as having Silk right now.

Thanks. I haven't seen that page before and didn't realize that it has not been current on the Freestyle machines.

You are correct about Harmony not having Silk.

The PDF version has not been updated with Ovation or Harmony as well.

I am wondering if it is just some sort of 'kiosk' venue that could be added to an existing venue or only offer 'to go' offerings.

It does show the single $ symbol, indicating lower cost a la carte and is in the company of Ben and Jerry's, Cups and Scoops, the Ice Cream Parlor, Johnny Rockets, Michaels Genuine Pub, Rita's Cantina and Starbucks.

I noticed the $ symbol too. Not a fan of this. I love the idea of a noodle restaurant - but you'd think they could include it in the included fare. I recall there being a noodle station on Carnival dream - you picked your noodles, veggies, proteins, and they stir-fried it all for you.

It's no different than the pasta stations they have on most ships.

• 1 month later...
No one has reported any Noodle Sightings. :D

But at least we can update this thread to say: Majesty is NOT leaving the fleet! ;) :)

I think the first clue that Majesty was not leaving was the fact that Kung Fu Panda noodle bar was making an arrival per the updated venue list.

• 2 weeks later...