No lobster!?

That's why I rarely comment on this board, people love to attack you.

Marg

I think a bigger problem with the board is people being too thin-skinned and thinking, for example, that describing someone's post as "fussing" is akin to being attacked. If you're not so easily offended, it's pretty easy to comment on this board. :cool:

Carolla5501, pump your brakes and adjust your reading glasses. There is NOTHING in my post about not sailing anymore. You and Seaus should get together, your vile bile is similar. While you are at it, run for dictator of the world; you seem to have dreams about it.

:what: But you did infer that you were not going to sail Royal anymore. I believe that was what she was referring to. Have a nice day

The "lobster" they serve or Caribbean itineraries is nowhere near as good as Maine lobster. In fact, on or Oasis cruise, we had dinner on the 2nd to last night (2nd formal night) in Chops and our waiter brought us free lobster tails with our entre because they had so many left over in the MDR. It was inedible, tough, and tasteless. OP's in-laws aren't missing much by not getting lobster tails.

The lobster may not be as good, but the beaches are better. Especially in February. ;)

but you are still booked for another adventure on RCL with poor food and no one cares what you pd for you cabin

Booked yes, but I have a Celebrity booked for the same week just in case we decide to bag RCCL. As to the price of the cabin, I wasn't bragging as to the price I was stating the price I paid just as a comparison to the current price. However, let's just say that YOU don't care what I paid for the cabin since you do not really know what everyone else is thinking.

Personally, I like to know what other people pay for their cabin. It is simply part of my cruise research.

:what: But you did infer that you were not going to sail Royal anymore. I believe that was what she was referring to. Have a nice day

I don't see how you can infer that when I have another RCCL cruise booked. And I am having a nice day.

I think a bigger problem with the board is people being too thin-skinned and thinking, for example, that describing someone's post as "fussing" is akin to being attacked. If you're not so easily offended, it's pretty easy to comment on this board. :cool:

What in the world is wrong with being pleasant and courteous?

. It is simply part of my cruise research.

Then you would know post #6 answered correctly and you would have seen this. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=677662&highlight=lobster+on+european+sailings

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=820231&highlight=no+lobster+on+european+sailings

Edited by setsail

Get on Athem in possible near future n have lobster every night at the Grande at no extra charge...as long ur dress formal..better lobster we've ever had on RC[emoji33]

Or you could vacation in New England, eat lobster every night, and dress however you want.

The last two cruises (we are Emerald on RCCL) at lunch the predominant proteins were cubed meats of different types. For consistent deserts there was jello, hard cookies, and another layer thing. At the MDR my wife was served fish that smelled of ammonia. I had to order pizza (which I could not eat past the first bite). There were other nights that just didn't do well. One night one of the chefs came out to apologize for the food. I guess I am going to stand by my deplorable description and since you don't know me AT ALL there is no contrary; it is simply my opinion. It is a shame that you are so definitive that you think all that exists is your viewpoint.

We are cruisers. We cruise every 3 months. Another person commented that I had a good buy on a future cruise so why shouldn't RCCL cut back. First of all, the cabin that we bought for $2265 for two is now selling for $3600. That bit of information could be argued two ways. One, I bought the cabin when RCCL first did the BOGO in May of 2014. (I bought 5 cruises that cloistered weekend.) So I have a good bargain. Two, when RCCL sells the same category for around $3600. they are probably making enough to not cut back on things.

Since I love cruising I want all the cruise lines to be profitable. They are in business. I guess it is kind of how one looks at our country. At 66 I have seen what I consider better times. So, relative to then, our country could stand some improving. One the other hand, a young person, with no previous experiences to draw on, may think the country is doing OK.

I've been cruising for over 20 years. I don't have any problem with the cruise lines charging a little bit more across the board so that they can keep up things that people have become accustomed to. As with any business, volume works. (Let me do some preempting here--yes, quality is important to).

Being the OP, my only intent of this thread was to relate my in-laws disappointment that they didn't have lobster in the MDR on their Baltic cruise. They have cruised 8-10 times before and they had never not had lobster so they had anticipated it, but didn't get it. That's it! Nothing more.

Then you proceed to rant and rave about how deplorable the food has been on your cruise, you have just lost all credibility on this thread......:rolleyes::rolleyes:

My in-laws just got off of the BOTS (Baltic) 12-day cruise. They said there was no lobster on the MDR menu. It was only available for an additional $35.! Their head waiter told them that lobster was only offered as part of the MDR regular menu in the Caribbean.

My wife and I have found the food on the last 2 RCI cruises to be deplorable. We have cruised almost 50 cruises and @ 225, 6'3" I ain't hard to please.

We have one more RCI cruise scheduled. Serenade OTS next April. We got it at such a good price last May that I hate to not go on it. But I do feel safe since it is Caribbean. After all is said and done, we may just be Princess people.

Yet another example of a SERIOUS 'first world' problem. How ever will you cope?

Lobster was available on my last Bahamas cruise, however I went with the prime rib. It looked much better. Once I got it, I knew I made the right choice. It was heaven on my fork.

Was that a longer one out of NE? Short ones out of Florida don't seem to have Lobster night