LUMINAE - Is breakfast, lunch and dinner now being served everyday as promised by X?

jenniebnyc

Frankly, their prep time is not my problem. They need to figure this out. How in the world can breakfast close at 9am???? Once again, I am canceling my cruise if this is true. I cannot take this one more minute.

I believe that you need to cancel your cruise at this juncture. You have posted many times about this and without satisfaction for yourself as to what to expect when you board in terms of meals.

Especially seeing you will not contact X directly about this issue, 1.800.647.2251, it appears that what you have been told by posters is not sufficient to 'feed' you, I do not understand the continued multiple rants and multiple postings?

Bon Voyage on whichever sailing or line you may subsequently select, if in fact you are serious about this...

Did you pay $10,000.00 for a suite bc of the new suite dining room that promised, in advterising and then on this board, 3 meals a day? Well, I did. I am not happy to hear anything different about it. And I will remain as excited as I want until I get answer as to why Celebrity went back on their word again. This is now the 2nd time regarding the same issue.

If I understand you correctly you paid $10,000 just to dine in Luminae for 3 meals a day. WOW, the food must be fantastic! You didn't book a Suite for Michael's Club, Butler Service, a larger stateroom, but just to dine 3 times a day in Luminae? Actually, if only Luminae is important you could get a Sky Suite for much less. I've dined in Luminae and the service was outstanding. Found the food to be better than MDR or Blu, but much prefer Tuscan or Murano. To each his/her own.

I want doesn't always get, breakfast closes at 9. They do have the chefs schedules to think about including well deserved time off and prep for dinner, prep which is time consuming considering one person does all the breakfast pastries, lunch and dinner desserts

Good grief! That is their job!

well, we did. as did many others who posted when this was brought up a few months ago. false advertising and then more false promises on this board directly from Celebrity. not sure why you are all sticking up for them when this is definitely a concern to some. i paid for 3 meals a day in Luminae...not 2.

Actually, you paid for three meals a day in whichever venue X deems available to all passengers.

It just so happens that they have dining rooms for certain guests and I can assure you that they will not or cannot guarantee that all venues will be open at all times as anticipated or desired by its' guests.

I Am sure arrangements can be made for you and your companions to eat in the venue of choice as long as you bring it from another venue, if it is the place where you eat is the issue. Speak with the Maitre D' what about eating in your cabin throughout the cruise, if you upgrade to one of the suites which include Butler service, that would be a great presentation and great service too.. maybe even better for all involved.

Just a thought, bon voyage.

Good grief! That is their job!

Merriem: I am on hold with Celebrity now. Looks like you have to call again too. What they told you was appraently a lie. What I don't understand is why 3 meals are available on Summit, but not other ships. Makes no sense. Please let me know what you find out. Current hold time on phone is 20 minutes. More insanity.

To the rest of you, it is the premise that I am totally annoyed about. You are promised something twice and then no delivery. When your chocolates disappeared, or chapstick, or drink prices went up or etc., etc., I heard slack from all of you. Why you can't see this as disappointing and concerning is beyond me.

well, we did. as did many others who posted when this was brought up a few months ago. false advertising and then more false promises on this board directly from Celebrity. not sure why you are all sticking up for them when this is definitely a concern to some. i paid for 3 meals a day in Luminae...not 2.

You seem to be getting the brunt of this, and I want you to know that I TOTALLY AGREE with you. When this came out, it was breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Yes, that is why I booked a royal suite becaus we hate the MDR..loud and too many people. Then they changed it, and had the nerve to come back on this board for say "oh we are going to honor our three meals a day". Obviously that was just another lie.

I cancelled and have nothing booked with Celebrity nor do we plan to. I do have three cruises booked on other lines. Yes, there are other places to eat, but that is not the point.

Celebrity you really know how to loose customers.

If I don't get a response in 24 hours, then I will do just that. Thanks for the suggestion.

NO, do not wait call them right NOW (1.800.647.2251) and let us know how your faired... and if you are taking another line. Let us know which line you are moving to as well.

As someone else posted to you in another topic of this nature, X has weighed in and indicated that they had no control as to what goes on when ships are at sea. That tells me, staff and crew generally follows the guidelines, which is fine with me. Plenty of 'no additional charge' venues in which to eat on board at the hour you may choose to eat.

There is always room service from Luminae's breakfast menu too.. you can eat on your balcony, carefree and in peace... :rolleyes:

Edited by Bo1953

Merriem: I am on hold with Celebrity now. Looks like you have to call again too. What they told you was appraently a lie. What I don't understand is why 3 meals are available on Summit, but not other ships. Makes no sense. Please let me know what you find out. Current hold time on phone is 20 minutes. More insanity.

To the rest of you, it is the premise that I am totally annoyed about. You are promised something twice and then no delivery. When your chocolates disappeared, or chapstick, or drink prices went up or etc., etc., I heard slack from all of you. Why you can't see this as disappointing and concerning is beyond me.

As I just said, I cancelled and have no intention of ever getting on one of their ships again!

The problem with calling Customer Service is that they have no power to make any policy or effect any changes. They can take note of comments and pass the message on, but can't really do anything to create customer satisfaction.

Understood .... ;)

Edited by Bo1953

Baaaaaah! Reading all these posts reminds me when my children were small ,pleading and ready to go into a temper tantrum if they weren't getting their way. Those days are long gone for me . Too many other things in life more important than lunch vs brunch. As long as one or the other is served on my upcoming cruise, I'm good. [emoji4]

Some of us need to eat three regular meals a day for medical reasons. So do not overlook that.

Additionally breakfast is my favorite meal of the day when on a cruise, and I look forward to it.

Frankly I think the best thing to do is not cruise with a company that says one thing and does another...NOT once, but TWICE.

Read this..the response from one of their planners...she is clueless.

Good afternoon,

I'm sorry to hear you cancelled and for any inconvenience this has caused you. Celebrity Cruises strives to do all they can for guest satisfaction and will continue to do so as changes need to be made going forward. If they do make that change, I will let you know. Have a wonderful day!

Personally I think Luminae works well and they do what is right for each itinerary. Blu is open to suites for breakfast and there are plenty of options available for suites for all meals.

The idea that they need to serve lunch instead of brunch seems a bit silly to me since there are breakfast and lunch items on the menu and early breakfast options are available in Blu, the buffet, the main dining room or served in your cabin by the butler.

I think you have made the right choice to take your business elsewhere.

Edited by Ma Bell

A promise is a promise. And previous posts have noted Luminae being open later than 9am for breakfast, so your information does not seem to be true or accurate in all instances.

You have to understand that breakfast is served at all venues at different times depending on the ship's itinerary for that day. Among other things, the times are influenced by whether is a sea or port day and, if a port day, what time the ships is due to dock. You will never starve on board because there is always room service but you cannot expect every dining venue to be open at all times.

We just got off of the Infinity and the ARE serving 3 meals a day except on sea days. They have a brunch on sea days. I don't know how much longer they will be serving lunch. We ate there a couple of times and there were only 2 or three other couples in there--a waste of personal, time and food.

Garry

I recall MANY people being worked up about this about a month ago. To the point lawsuits were being talked about. Not sure why everyone has a different tone now.

A promise is a promise. And previous posts have noted Luminae being open later than 9am for breakfast, so your information does not seem to be true or accurate in all instances.

I have noticed posts from you in the past and most are not positive either...just sayin'.

Did Celebrity actually use the word "promise"?

We dined in Luminae on Reflection. It was the 2nd week they been open. Service was impeccable, and the meals very good. No, there wasn't 3 meals a day...but then again, I really didn't care. I usually don't eat 3 meals a day.

My point is we understood that rolling out any new restaurant...on land or sea...takes time and patience.

If you want to cancel...do so. But you may be missing be missing a very lovely experience.[emoji6]

We just got off of the Infinity and the ARE serving 3 meals a day except on sea days. They have a brunch on sea days. I don't know how much longer they will be serving lunch. We ate there a couple of times and there were only 2 or three other couples in there--a waste of personal, time and food.

Garry

So, this is no change then. This is what they have had all along, I believe.

My cruise is heavy on sea days. These are the days that I would like the option to have 3 meals in Luminae.

You're sailing on the Reflection, right? We had a nice embarkation lunch. According to my husband his burger made Mast Grill taste like McDonalds [emoji3]As far as I recall they offered breakfast and lunch every day. We never bothered after day 1 with those as we enjoy having breakfast delivered to the cabin and were visiting ports most days. I recall that the hours weren't extensive but they were open.

Luminae was a fabulous experience and well worth it even if we only used it primarily for dinner. I am dismayed that so much assumption and conjecture on this board have the OP and others so worried and up in arms. The experience exceeded my expectations and Celebrity should be congratulated.

I'm interested in Celebrity Cruise's response but from a different aspect. I would like some reassurance that when Celebrity Cruises gives us an answer or makes a statement...it is an "official" statement and not an educated or helpful guess. If a statement was correct "at the time", then I think Celebrity Cruises has a obligation/responsibility to clarify their official response. (of course, there's some sort of time period where change is understandable...in this case, the statement was apparently never implemented across the fleet).

To me, that's more important than whether lunch is or isn't served. If we can't rely on Celebrity Cruise's responses, then let's take the "official" away and just say we have someone from Celebrity HQ who is trying to help...but answers aren't necessarily a reflection or statement of official policy.

Some of us need to eat three regular meals a day for medical reasons. So do not overlook that.

Additionally breakfast is my favorite meal of the day when on a cruise, and I look forward to it.

Frankly I think the best thing to do is not cruise with a company that says one thing and does another...NOT once, but TWICE.

I agree with you in part, I need to eat five times a day for medical and other reasons, but I can assure you and all others that I have never been able to NOT eat when I wanted or needed to. Quite possible not in the venue I thought I could or wanted to, yet was able to do so without any drama attendant to it.

Yes, I did have to find work arounds from time to time, but once I found them, I stayed with it because it worked.

Other than the food venue issue(s), are there any other issues which would make one 'seriously' consider changing cruise lines? Maybe an increase in gratuities? Change of ports? A charter group on ones sailing?

For me, other than the captain running the ship aground, or a nasty virus outbreak, or not meeting fellow passengers who want to enjoy their vacation and relax and party and eat good food (wherever it can be found) would not be relaxing and enjoyable for me and my traveling companions.

Alas, bon voyage on whichever cruise line you choose going forward, I Am sure it will be a great experience for you and your traveling companions.

You're sailing on the Reflection, right? We had a nice embarkation lunch. According to my husband his burger made Mast Grill taste like McDonalds [emoji3]As far as I recall they offered breakfast and lunch every day. We never bothered after day 1 with those as we enjoy having breakfast delivered to the cabin and were visiting ports most days. I recall that the hours weren't extensive but they were open.

Luminae was a fabulous experience and well worth it even if we only used it primarily for dinner. I am dismayed that so much assumption and conjecture on this board have the OP and others so worried and up in arms. The experience exceeded my expectations and Celebrity should be congratulated.

Thank you for your kind response. Of our 7 day cruise, we plan to leave the ship twice. We are doing a carribean cruise and don't find a need to get off in Puerto Rico (which is at 4pm or later anyway). We will get off in St Marteen and st thomas (to head to st John). This was done purposely so we could enjoy Luminae for breakfast or lunch or both and have a relaxing leisurely cruise.

Edited by jenniebnyc

So, this is no change then. This is what they have had all along, I believe.

My cruise is heavy on sea days. These are the days that I would like the option to have 3 meals in Luminae.

Not trying to be antagonistic, but it is clear that after all this promise-broken promise-renewed promise-broken again that you will be on tenterhooks until the day your cruise is over. Celebrity seems to make firm-sounding announcements ("GastroPub replaces CellarMasters on all ships!") and then implement by testing and changing as they go along ("Well, not on Eclipse. Or maybe on Eclipse but not in CellarMasters. Or something...") So if having Luminae available for 3 meals a day is important to you [and it would be to me also, especially if there are only 2 brunch menus -- that would get old pretty fast], you should probably cancel and switch this cruise to another line. [Crystal has excellent food, and lots of variety in their menus.] Maybe in another year Celebrity will have gotten this down and there will be consistent enough feedback to give you the assurance to try a Celebrity suite again.

You have to understand that breakfast is served at all venues at different times depending on the ship's itinerary for that day. Among other things, the times are influenced by whether is a sea or port day and, if a port day, what time the ships is due to dock. You will never starve on board because there is always room service but you cannot expect every dining venue to be open at all times.

That's right.

If someone (perhaps OP) really wants three meals in Luminae on a sea day, it seems s/he could go at 10a order a breakfast item from the brunch menu, return at 12:59p and order a lunch item off the brunch menu, and then go back at 8 and get something for dinner. Sounds like 3 meals to me!!!