Don't Side Down the Handrails

$hip$hape

It's the cruise lines fault for not having crewmen watching the handrails so that potential tragedies like this can't happen. :rolleyes:

How about:

A few beers short of a six-pack.

A few fruit loops shy of a full bowl.

There is another solution to stop this. Every few feet on the railing, you put a few inches of barbed wire or even better razor wire. They will only do the slide once.

LOL!!

DON

Edited by donaldsc

Stupid, stupid, stupid. A relative of mine by marriage, who's 22, was sitting on a balcony railing the other night. Not drunk or stoned, but he managed to fall off, 20 feet to the ground, missed hitting concrete by six inches. Thank God his friends called 911, and thank God there is an excellent hospital about a mile away, where he got great care.

He's now awake, extubated, and responding to people. We're hopeful he will make a full recovery, but he's going to need a lot of physical therapy. This past weekend was the celebration of his grandmother's 90th birthday and we are all very grateful that the celebration was able to go ahead mostly as planned, instead of his parents' having to plan a funeral.

I'm glad this girl is okay and I hope she stops doing stupid stuff like this.

If most of us were honest - we would admit at some point in our lives we did something equally or more stupid. It is a "there by the grace of God go I" moment. I know I had a few and wonder what the HECK was I thinking. It is where we get that learning curve from. Some of us aren't as stupid, some of us aren't as lucky and some of just had our luck run out. Some situations were more dangerous. Walking across a street without looking both ways is stupid. It is really stupid if there is traffic and not quite so bad if the street is deserted. Drugs and alcohol don't always play a part. Some times it is just inexperience.

I remember when my kids were little and people would say, are you doing to let them do that. I tell them, they will only fall off that chair once. I'm standing here to watch and take care of them but if they don't know it will hurt falling a few feet how will they ever know? I'll never forget when my daughter was a toddler. I was sanitizing her bottles one day and look out the window at her playing happily in the back yard. She picks up a piece of dirt and eats it. That was the last day I sanitized her bottles :rolleyes:.

Edited by notentirelynormal

If most of us were honest - we would admit at some point in our lives we did something equally or more stupid. It is a "there by the grace of God go I" moment. I know I had a few and wonder what the HECK was I thinking. It is where we get that learning curve from. Some of us aren't as stupid, some of us aren't as lucky and some of just had our luck run out. Some situations were more dangerous. Walking across a street without looking both ways is stupid. It is really stupid if there is traffic and not quite so bad if the street is deserted. Drugs and alcohol don't always play a part. Some times it is just inexperience.

11536114_10153428717213343_566646986686211390_n.jpg?oh=26e28e11f51bcfe58bcff9cf65778554&oe=55EFBF24

“Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.”

― Charles Bukowski

Edited by $hip$hape

Hmmm... when I clicked on it, it said "media cannot be played". :(

A teen or early 20s girl slid down one of the banisters and fell backwards to the staircase below. Probably alcohol involved.

Couldn't view it, possibly cos the link was to Twitter and I don't tweet.

Anyone else with the same difficulty (difficulty seeing the video, not difficulty falling over the handrail ;)) try viewing it on

http://metro.co.uk/2015/06/11/you-wont-be-able-to-stop-watching-this-girls-epic-fall-dont-worry-she-was-okay-sort-of-5240273/

JB :)