I booked the Breeze not the Splendor

I know you may be a little disappointed with the change from the breeze to the splendor but the splendor is a great ship as well. I was just on this ship before it left jersey I was 18 and I had a great time I made a lot of friends and we always found things to do. I know it dosent have all the bells and whistles but it won't let you down either if you do stay with it.

I know you may be a little disappointed with the change from the breeze to the splendor but the splendor is a great ship as well. I was just on this ship before it left jersey I was 18 and I had a great time I made a lot of friends and we always found things to do. I know it dosent have all the bells and whistles but it won't let you down either if you do stay with it.

I could have stayed with the Splendor as your right no bells and whistles but still a cruise however they did not do any kind of price adjustment , so we are giving up a lot to get less for same money .

I could have stayed with the Splendor as your right no bells and whistles but still a cruise however they did not do any kind of price adjustment , so we are giving up a lot to get less for same money .

I was told that the price adjustment cannot be made until they actually open up the cruise for anyone to book. So right now, they still have everyone locked in at their original purchase price, but they will be price adjusted once the ship is open for anyone to book, which I was told could be anywhere between today and Monday.

Edited by johnnyf0614

I was told that the price adjustment cannot be made until they actually open up the cruise for anyone to book. So right now, they still have everyone locked in at their original purchase price, but they will be price adjusted once the ship is open for anyone to book, which I was told could be anywhere between today and Monday.

I will be shocked if there is any adjustment to the pricing....it's still and 8 day itinerary and includes Aruba.

That is a "premium" itinerary as far as Carnival is concerned which they do not offer a lot. IMHO - the moved the Splendor there because after all this settles down people will "tolerate" the Splendor because of the itinerary.

I'd be surprised if there is any decrease in cruise fair also. Unfortunately this is the second cruise in a row I'm dealing with this. I originally booked the Liberty last year and they replaced her with the Valor. The Liberty has the 2.0 upgrades and the Valor has nothing. They did not offer any price reduction even though one ship had several amenities that the other did not. Wouldn't surprise me if they kept the cost of my Breeze/Splendor cruise the same. I'm going to re-book to the Magic though.

My PVP just emailed me telling me that all of the Magic And Valor cruises are open for booking this morning. We can all be switched out if we want to now.

Thanks for sharing. Nothing closely matches what we had for Breeze, so we are going to cancel. Found a Celebrity Eastern for $200 cheaper, so we are booking with them. :)

I thought everyone got the OBC for the inconvenience of having to change ships

That's not what I'm being told anymore. My PVP spoke with several supervisors and is fighting for this but they are now saying that if you switch ships you'll lose the OBV. Still waiting to hear back from my PVP with new reservation.

That's not what I'm being told anymore. My PVP spoke with several supervisors and is fighting for this but they are now saying that if you switch ships you'll lose the OBV. Still waiting to hear back from my PVP with new reservation.

Unless I was set on staying with Carnival, I'd tell them to cough up the $50 OBC or refund my entire cruise.

There is no reason for them to go back on what they said. They knew it would disrupt booked cruises when they made the switch and it is time to pay the piper.

Unless I was set on staying with Carnival, I'd tell them to cough up the $50 OBC or refund my entire cruise.

There is no reason for them to go back on what they said. They knew it would disrupt booked cruises when they made the switch and it is time to pay the piper.

After much back and forth with supervisors. I did receive the OBC per person

My PVP had to get a supervisor to approve the OBC $50 when we switched to the Magic from the Breeze to Splendor mess.

Once it shows on our bookings, I will screen capture to make sure it does not "disappear". If it does not show up by Monday, I will be calling back AGAIN.

I also am a victim of the ship swapping that is going on. I booked the Magic out of Galveston for the first of May 2016. I did it while on the Magic last month. Now I find out the Magic is going to PC and there will be no Dream class ship in Galveston when we were to sail. They did not notify me of the change so I saw it here on cc for the first time. I called them today and they were using an old email address - I had changed it online several years ago and that is the address I use to log into their website. I was told that sometimes the old email addresses remain behind - really! They moved me to a later sailing on the Breeze which is replacing the Magic but my schedule will not permit the change. After listening to a sales pitch to move to a different ship, time and/or port, Carnival finally agreed to refund the deposit. The charge was put on my credit card well within the 60 day period when it could be contested which now is my backup plan. IMO this was handled very badly and has left a sour taste in my mouth for Carnival. They were very nonchalant about the move and not notifying me making excuses. I think it is time to reconsider any more Carnival cruises. I am not a new cruiser by any means although only a few on Carnival.

Guests currently booked on the Carnival Breeze will automatically be moved to the Carnival Splendor. These guests will be re-priced to the lower established price for the Carnival Splendor and receive a $50 per person shipboard credit. Alternatively, if guests would prefer to move to any other Carnival cruise, they will receive a $50 per person shipboard credit. In addition, if guests elect not to sail on Carnival Splendor or choose another Carnival cruise, we will provide a full refund.

this comes from John Herold ..... it states if you move to another Carnival ship you will get 50.00 per person .

Finally got my stuff straight today. I got to keep my $25 pp military OBC and got the $50 pp OBC. I was on the 5/21 5 day Breeze Cruise to Amber Cove and Grand Turk and was going to switch to the 5/21 Magic Cruise that went there plus San Juan and St. Thomas. I noticed today that the 5/14 Magic itinerary was the same and is $20 pp cheaper so I went with that one since our dates are flexible.

Yes...I got the same letter and was expecting an adjustment down too. But then was told no - that for our sailing the price was the same! :mad:

Still think that's going to he a hard sell for those who booked the Breeze! :cool:

Same for us no price drop at all they can keep their on board credit I am paying for the amenities on the ship not just the ports.. this is a huge disappointment!