Just when you thought it couldn't get worse

seaworthy1

Just tried signing on to "my celebrity" on their web page. Accepted my user ID and password, then stated I could open a new account. Could not get into check existing booked cruises.

Anyone else? Their web page and IT department is becoming more than an inconvenience and joke.......

Just tried signing on to "my celebrity" on their web page. Accepted my user ID and password, then stated I could open a new account. Could not get into check existing booked cruises.

Anyone else? Their web page and IT department is becoming more than an inconvenience and joke.......

Just try again in a few minutes.

As the deadline for final payment approaches, I've had two different folks on my Infinity r/c report having problems trying to make final payment on X's website. In both cases, they paid the full amount, and the website kept saying that they still have a balance due. Their problems were eventually solved by a call to the Captain's Club. But, we always call the Captain's Cub to handle the final payment -- I DO NOT trust the X website! :rolleyes:

We prefer to first try making payments directly online ourselves, at our own convenience.

Most times the payment goes right through correctly with no problem.

It immediately and automatically sends us an updated invoice, and we see that the balance in our account has been updated correctly before signing off, without any need to waste time contacting a third party.

Yes, we encounter lots of problems with other areas of the Celebrity website, but when it comes to taking our money, they seem to have that feature working pretty well most of the time. :D

We know that we can always call the Captain's Club for help if there should be a problem making a payment, but usually that is not necessary.

So we figure we have nothing to lose by first trying to make the payment directly online ourselves.

It is simply more convenient and usually saves us a lot of time.

But unfortunately, we don't even have that option when we use a travel agent.

Two of my booked cruises are listed, but the one coming up in August does not appear.

I can get to it when I go through the Captains Club window.

Good Luck, sometimes I can get to it, sometimes I can't

As the deadline for final payment approaches, I've had two different folks on my Infinity r/c report having problems trying to make final payment on X's website. In both cases, they paid the full amount, and the website kept saying that they still have a balance due. Their problems were eventually solved by a call to the Captain's Club. But, we always call the Captain's Cub to handle the final payment -- I DO NOT trust the X website! :rolleyes:

I was one of these....just save yourself the frustration and call in. The website was not at all cooperative.

Worse would be showing up at the ship and there was no cabin booked. Anyone else?

We prefer to first try making payments directly online ourselves, at our own convenience.

Most times the payment goes right through correctly with no problem.

It immediately and automatically sends us an updated invoice, and we see that the balance in our account has been updated correctly before signing off, without any need to waste time contacting a third party.

Yes, we encounter lots of problems with other areas of the Celebrity website, but when it comes to taking our money, they seem to have that feature working pretty well most of the time. :D

We know that we can always call the Captain's Club for help if there should be a problem making a payment, but usually that is not necessary.

So we figure we have nothing to lose by first trying to make the payment directly online ourselves.

It is simply more convenient and usually saves us a lot of time.

But unfortunately, we don't even have that option when we use a travel agent.

To me, it's just simpler to use a travel agent. She checks to see what credit card I want to put the final payment on. She then handles everything and I get an invoice showing that my reservation is paid in full. No worries about will the website work or not. If there are problems, she has to sort them.

I wouldn't trust their website to make final payment. I would call directly the same way I did when I booked and when I needed them to adjust the price. I want a name of a person and my confirmation email sent to me. I only use the website to plan and monitor prices.

I have had problems with My Celebrity for a few years now. About 2 years ago all my booked cruises disappeared. Then when they came back the acct and sign in had changed to my husband's name. My name isn't there. When I sign in it goes to his acct. when I called X about this they said don't worry about it. Just annoying.

To me, it's just simpler to use a travel agent. She checks to see what credit card I want to put the final payment on. She then handles everything and I get an invoice showing that my reservation is paid in full. No worries about will the website work or not. If there are problems, she has to sort them.

That didn't work for me either. The TA I used in the pasts never called me to make final payment. If I hadn't set a reminder up in my phone my cruise would have been canceled. I did all of the leg work and all she had to do was book the cruise and remind me when final payment was due. She didn't offer any perks or OBC. Basically I should have received her commission.

Edited by Iamcruzin

Two of my booked cruises are listed, but the one coming up in August does not appear.

I can get to it when I go through the Captains Club window.

Good Luck, sometimes I can get to it, sometimes I can't

Did you click on the "View All" Link in the right corner?

Since they updated the website, only two cruises are shown after login.

That didn't work for me either. The TA I used in the pasts never called me to make final payment. If I hadn't set a reminder up in my phone my cruise would have been canceled. I did all of the leg work and all she had to do was book the cruise and remind me when final payment was due. She didn't offer any perks or OBC. Basically I should have received her commission.

I'm sure it's obvious, but just in case...you need to get a new TA (I'm sure you have already done that!)

I don't know why anyone would book directly with X for a cruise (or at least why they wouldn't move a booked reservation to TA)...It might take a little effort, BUT you will ALWAYS get a better deal ...at least with the "online, large agencies" you will find on the internet...You might not get great personalized/on demand service with them, but as long as you know that in advance you will save money.

I'll tell you why. There is always someone at Celebrity when I call and always willing to help. Tried travel agents twice and both times a nightmare. Never there when I had question, took day or two to call me back, in Europe on vacation when there was a price drop. I want service when I want it not when a travel agent has time to help me. No thank you not for all the perks in the world that they might offer.

In both cases, they paid the full amount, and the website kept saying that they still have a balance due.

I log on at least once a week. At least 1/3 of the time, my reservation shown on the My Celebrity page - which was paid in full - shows an $84 balance due (the amount of the gratuities). The Total Charge displayed is $84 higher than the booked amount. What's funny is that the reservation for my brother's cabin - booked at the same time and visible on the same page - never has this issue. When I click through for the reservation details, the correct Status (Booked) is shown - and clicking through to Payment Details shows the correct amount with a balance of $0.00. The Guest Invoice sent on final payment shows the correct amounts, final payment received, and a balance of $0.00.

When I first saw this, I called Celebrity (booked directly with them) - and was told not to worry about it - it was a problem with the My Celebrity page. I choose not to worry, but you'd better believe I'll be bringing printed copies of our paid invoices when we arrive at the pier. :rolleyes:

--bruce T.

I log on at least once a week. At least 1/3 of the time, my reservation shown on the My Celebrity page - which was paid in full - shows an $84 balance due (the amount of the gratuities). The Total Charge displayed is $84 higher than the booked amount. What's funny is that the reservation for my brother's cabin - booked at the same time and visible on the same page - never has this issue. When I click through for the reservation details, the correct Status (Booked) is shown - and clicking through to Payment Details shows the correct amount with a balance of $0.00. The Guest Invoice sent on final payment shows the correct amounts, final payment received, and a balance of $0.00.

When I first saw this, I called Celebrity (booked directly with them) - and was told not to worry about it - it was a problem with the My Celebrity page. I choose not to worry, but you'd better believe I'll be bringing printed copies of our paid invoices when we arrive at the pier. :rolleyes:

--bruce T.

Exactly the same has happened to me, and the 'balance' showing is £117.50 which is exactly the amount of prepaid gratuities. Called Celebrity in the UK and was sent an updated invoice that shows a zero outstanding balance and advised that it is a 'glitch' with the website and it will always show an outstanding balance equivalent to the prepaid gratuities.

I'll tell you why. There is always someone at Celebrity when I call and always willing to help. Tried travel agents twice and both times a nightmare. Never there when I had question, took day or two to call me back, in Europe on vacation when there was a price drop. I want service when I want it not when a travel agent has time to help me. No thank you not for all the perks in the world that they might offer.

I should have said it better...some people need to have a little more help or access to their bookings and some don't.

If you need to have your hand held, or need quick attention to your issues then the typical online TA's are probably not your best choice.

We have been very happy to trade any perceived (whether actually or not encountered) lag in response time from a TA for the thousands of dollars we have saved by using the online mega TA's...We have actually had pretty easy interactions with them on the very few occasions that we have had questions, but YMMV of course.

I choose not to worry, but you'd better believe I'll be bringing printed copies of our paid invoices when we arrive at the pier. :rolleyes:

--bruce T.

Yes, I always do that, too -- and, I don't even bother with the website. We always book directly through the cruiseline (phone reps). From day one, I keep updated invoices of every modification/transaction, regarding our cruise. That small stack of papers always accompanies me onboard, too -- 'cause, if it isn't in writing, it doesn't exist! :cool:

I'm sure it's obvious, but just in case...you need to get a new TA (I'm sure you have already done that!)

I don't know why anyone would book directly with X for a cruise (or at least why they wouldn't move a booked reservation to TA)...It might take a little effort, BUT you will ALWAYS get a better deal ...at least with the "online, large agencies" you will find on the internet...You might not get great personalized/on demand service with them, but as long as you know that in advance you will save money.

She was an online agent. Never again unless I meet someone onboard who can recommend an agent. Flying blind for a $50 obc isn't worth it. I don't book expensive suites or longer than a 7 day cruise so no $500 OBC for me. If you happen to book at a lower rate then sometimes the perks aren't available. I found that out when I found a lower price in a group booking. I monitor price myself and call at any hour or day direct to Celebrity. I saved $200 on my next cruise by calling Celebrity after midnight on a Saturday night. Which now turns out to be a lower price than the group booking I found online. My category is sold out so I doubt I'll see anymore reductions. If history repeats it's self from this year the price will go up about $300pp.

Even when using a TA, I still like to keep track of everything myself, to the extent that I am able to do so, considering that all the payment information disappears from my Celebrity account as soon as I give the booking to a TA.

There have been too many cases where TAs made mistakes.

While we are all human and we all make mistakes, at least when I make a payment myself, I can immediately see whether or not it is applied correctly.

If I should makes a typo, or the payment is applied incorrectly, I can see it and take steps to correct it.

Unfortunately, I can't see where the payment is going or what is happening when I am trusting a TA to make the payment for me.

So I just need to take it on faith until I receive my copy of the updated Celebrity invoice and have the chance to look it over to see that the payment really was applied to the correct reservation, the final balance has been updated correctly, and that all my perks are there.

I would not bother to use a TA who does not provide any perks or OBC, unless the TA is providing a substantially discounted price on the cruise that I cannot get otherwise.

Even when using a TA, I still like to keep track of everything myself, to the extent that I am able to do so, considering that all the payment information disappears from my Celebrity account as soon as I give the booking to a TA.

There have been too many cases where TAs made mistakes.

While we are all human and we all make mistakes, at least when I make a payment myself, I can immediately see whether or not it is applied correctly.

If I should makes a typo, or the payment is applied incorrectly, I can see it and take steps to correct it.

Unfortunately, I can't see where the payment is going or what is happening when I am trusting a TA to make the payment for me.

So I just need to take it on faith until I receive my copy of the updated Celebrity invoice and have the chance to look it over to see that the payment really was applied to the correct reservation, the final balance has been updated correctly, and that all my perks are there.

I would not bother to use a TA who does not provide any perks or OBC, unless the TA is providing a substantially discounted price on the cruise that I cannot get otherwise.

This happened before I found cruise critic and didn't know such things as perks and OBC existed. The funny thing is I thought that I was getting a discount because she quoted me a price $50 pp less than what I saw on the Princess website. Later I realized when I booked my next cruise myself that it was Princess who gave me a past passenger discount for being a captains club member.

Call Celebrity directly or use a good TA. The website is a work in progress. Hope it progresses in the future to be user friendly.

The trouble is that it's been "a work in progress" for about the last 2 years. Surely Celebrity can afford to get a bunch of teckies in to sort it out.......................good job their cruise experience is way better than their website! :D