Pregnant While Sailing!! Also Interior room info!!

Hi everyone! This is my first time posting here. I have read so many of these posts. You all are so informative and helpful. I have a couple questions and I hope you guys can help.

I will be traveling on the Oasis of the Seas in September with my Husbands family. It will be me and my husband and our four year old son, my father in-law and mother in-law and his sister with her husband and their almost 3 year old.

Ok here are my questions.

1. We will be traveling with at least one pregnant person. (Hopefully two). Does anyone have any advice or pointers for traveling while pregnant?

2. We are in a large interior room. It has a sofa that turns into a pull out bed. This will be where our four year old will sleep. Has anyone been in this room or type of room? I'm curious if the sofa is before or after the king bed. It is not a big deal i am just curious and wondering what to expect.

3. Has anyone had the beverage card that allows you to get specialty tea and coffee, non-alcoholic cocktails, cokes? I am curious if the specialty tea and coffee is only available at a specific spot. If so where is it and is this card worth getting? I love coffee and tea and it sounds nice but I want to make sure it is worth paying for the card instead of just buying a drink here and there. Also, I am assuming you can not use this card at the Starbucks, is that true?

Ok I think that is all for now. I am sure I have more questions but those are the ones on my mind for now. I look forward to hearing what anyone has to say. I am so excited to have found this site.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

The specialty coffee and tea is available at Cafe Promenade, deck 5, and restaurants. You cannot use the unlimited beberage package at the Starbucks kiosk.

Edited by clarea

How far along will the possibly two women be at time of sailing and during the duration of the cruise? They are not allowed to sail after they reach a certain amount of weeks pregnant....

Royal will not and can not accept any woman entering the 24th week of the pregnancy at the time of boarding or during the duration of the cruise....

Edited by bubba83

How far along will the possibly two women be at time of sailing and during the duration of the cruise? They are not allowed to sail after they reach a certain amount of weeks pregnant....

Royal will not and can not accept any woman entering the 24th week of the cruise at the time of boarding or during the duration of the cruise....

We would be under the 24 week mark. One of the question that go along with this is...it is the second pregnancy so she will be showing earlier then when she was pregnant with the first one. How do you prove to the cruise line you are under the 24 week mark? Will they even approach you or ask you about it?

We would be under the 24 week mark. One of the question that go along with this is...it is the second pregnancy so she will be showing earlier then when she was pregnant with the first one. How do you prove to the cruise line you are under the 24 week mark? Will they even approach you or ask you about it?

I would probably get a signed and dated letter from her OB/GYN stating exactly how far along she is and that she is healthy and safe for her to cruise while pregnant....just to be on the safe side

Edited by bubba83

You don't have to prove it anymore.

She will need a doctor's note saying how far along she is and that she is fit to travel.

She will need a doctor's note saying how far along she is and that she is fit to travel.

Royal changed the requirement recently:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=333&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqId=313

You don't have to prove it anymore.

Thank you very much!! I knew you guys could help me. I am excited! We cant wait to go on this ship. This will be my first Royal Caribbean cruise. I have heard many great things about this cruise line. I have been on Princess and Carnival and am very interested to see the comparison.

I'm really not sure anything you have cruised will compare to Oasis. The only thing I can add, if myself and my wife were cruising with her pregnant, I think some sort of balcony cabin upgrade would be excellent! I'm confident you will love your time with RC. And welcome to cruise critic.

I'm really not sure anything you have cruised will compare to Oasis. The only thing I can add, if myself and my wife were cruising with her pregnant, I think some sort of balcony cabin upgrade would be excellent! I'm confident you will love your time with RC. And welcome to cruise critic.

Thank you so much!! We all can't wait. Thank you for the advice. I will see what we can do. I hope yall have a great day.

Hi there,

I've just returned from my first time on the Oasis of the Seas.

I am currently pregnant and was 17-18 weeks when I traveled. Even though Royal Caribbean did not ask for one, I still had my attending physician to write me a note stating my current health, how far along I would be during my time on the ship, and my due date. No one did ask me for it in the end, but it was a piece of mind in case they did. I personally found that not all the people who work at Royal Caribbean had all the facts or understood the most current policies. For me, my family and I had spent so much money to go, I did not want to get denied.

I have a child who's 2.5 years old. She slept on the pull out couch. The pull out bed/couch becomes a king sized bed when folded out (I had a balcony room. I'm guessing the interior room would be the same. My child did not come close to falling off the bed. I even brought with me a $1 blow up water noodle to put underneath the sheets to prevent her from rolling out. Didn't really use it except as a lumbar support when sitting on the couch.

Enjoy your trip in September. Oasis of the Seas is amazing.

Pregnancy is totally a YMMV and everyone is different. I never had nor plan to have that experience ( No Jenner in me :p ), but my wife has. Our first was so easy, the second ditto, the third a total adventure. Maybe because it was the "girl" :D We did it around 29-30 weeks, was okay but we had a bad weather day that really messed her stomach up and she is one to love to eat and never get sea sick. Went to see the ship doctor, they wouldn't touch her.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Hi there,

I've just returned from my first time on the Oasis of the Seas.

I am currently pregnant and was 17-18 weeks when I traveled. Even though Royal Caribbean did not ask for one, I still had my attending physician to write me a note stating my current health, how far along I would be during my time on the ship, and my due date. No one did ask me for it in the end, but it was a piece of mind in case they did. I personally found that not all the people who work at Royal Caribbean had all the facts or understood the most current policies. For me, my family and I had spent so much money to go, I did not want to get denied.

I have a child who's 2.5 years old. She slept on the pull out couch. The pull out bed/couch becomes a king sized bed when folded out (I had a balcony room. I'm guessing the interior room would be the same. My child did not come close to falling off the bed. I even brought with me a $1 blow up water noodle to put underneath the sheets to prevent her from rolling out. Didn't really use it except as a lumbar support when sitting on the couch.

Enjoy your trip in September. Oasis of the Seas is amazing.

Thank you so much for sharing your advice with me. That pool noodle is a great idea. I was trying to think of what I could to to make sure he was safe in the bed. I am so glad you had a great time. Did you have any weird cravings on the ship? I figure a cruise wouldn't be to bad a place to be pregnant with cravings and food everywhere.:D

Pregnancy is totally a YMMV and everyone is different. I never had nor plan to have that experience ( No Jenner in me :p ), but my wife has. Our first was so easy, the second ditto, the third a total adventure. Maybe because it was the "girl" :D We did it around 29-30 weeks, was okay but we had a bad weather day that really messed her stomach up and she is one to love to eat and never get sea sick. Went to see the ship doctor, they wouldn't touch her.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

HAHAHA Oh my!! :D Well it is good to know you do not have any Jenner in you (although if you did have the pregnancy experience think of all the money heheh) Did the cruise line approach her and have any thing to say about how far along she was? I can see them not taking a chance with wanting to treat her but I am glad she was ok and everything went well. Well you know us girls we cant let any of you off easy even if we are still in utero;) Oh, how long ago was it that you guys cruised with her in 29-30 weeks? Was since the new policy?

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with me. All of you are so helpful and nice. I am finding I am more and more happy that I joined this great group of people.

Edited by Dolphinseas143