My cruise price is higher than ....

The cruise price that is listed right now. I filled out the Cabin Guarantee price form. Nope. That would have to have been filled out within 48 hours of booking cruise. I booked in January, I sail in August.

So .... What form do I fill out? Just to be sure I'm looking at this correctly: My "Cruise Fare" , not including any taxes, fees, OR discounts is higher than the mock booking "Cruise Fare" I just did. It's about $300-$400 lower.

Any help appreciated

:). Bobbi

If your cruise in August, you're likely past your pay-in-full date, so you can't get it adjusted, but you can upgrade to a higher cabin level and pay the difference - or perhaps upgrade for no additional cost.

The cruise price that is listed right now. I filled out the Cabin Guarantee price form. Nope. That would have to have been filled out within 48 hours of booking cruise. I booked in January, I sail in August.

So .... What form do I fill out? Just to be sure I'm looking at this correctly: My "Cruise Fare" , not including any taxes, fees, OR discounts is higher than the mock booking "Cruise Fare" I just did. It's about $300-$400 lower.

Any help appreciated

:). Bobbi

You seem pretty close to final payment. No reduction after that anyway

You are 72 days from Aug 30 and sailing on the Freedom. You are definitely past final payment which is 75 days from sailing. Unfortunately you will not be able to get any money back orOBC. You may be able to upgrade to a better cabin if a higher category is priced for more than what you paid.

Thank you for replying to my question. Yes, we are all paid in full ...the due date was last week.

We're in a JS,next cabin upgrade is a GS. I don't want to pay $$ to get that GS. Darn. We've been booking Carnival Early Saver Rates for a few years. Just going back to Royal and I forgot their rules.

:(. Bobbi

Thank you for replying to my question. Yes, we are all paid in full ...the due date was last week.

We're in a JS,next cabin upgrade is a GS. I don't want to pay $$ to get that GS. Darn. We've been booking Carnival Early Saver Rates for a few years. Just going back to Royal and I forgot their rules.

Enjoy your JS...I personally prefer them to the GS...and wouldn't pay $$'s to upgrade to one.

I called RCCl and was transferred, after speaking to 3 people, to Headquarters Customer Service. I was told that too late, your final payment was due on the 16th ( 2 days ago) and they wouldn't be able to do anything. that's been their policy for 3 years.

When I booked in January, I asked what happens if my cruise price goes down

I was told A). Before final due date, my cruise price would be lowered that amount. B) After final payment, OBC, would be issued.

Oh, they do A). But NOT B).

It is my fault for not writing down the person's full name. This has happened to me before .... Just knowing "Susie" is not enough. It's RCCL Policy. Period.

Call them anyway. Ask for a free upgrade! It can't hurt and can only help! Seriously, you have nothing to lose but time on the phone!

Good luck!

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin

I called RCCl and was transferred, after speaking to 3 people, to Headquarters Customer Service. I was told that too late, your final payment was due on the 16th ( 2 days ago) and they wouldn't be able to do anything. that's been their policy for 3 years.

When I booked in January, I asked what happens if my cruise price goes down

I was told A). Before final due date, my cruise price would be lowered that amount. B) After final payment, OBC, would be issued.

Oh, they do A). But NOT B).

It is my fault for not writing down the person's full name. This has happened to me before .... Just knowing "Susie" is not enough. It's RCCL Policy. Period.

So sorry you were told OBC would be given after final payment...that's not the policy with RCI.

Hopefully you can just let that misunderstanding go and enjoy your cruise.

Hi,

I'm done with calling and telling my situation to yet a 4th person. I'm very unhappy with the misinformation I was given in January. Damn, then I feel like I'm defending myself.

I know the individual workers we meet on the Freedom will be wonderful, and that will make this trip!

I also know that before I book with ANY cruise line, I'll get whatever they tell me over the phone, in writing via email. Lesson learned.

Bobbi

The price drops after the final payment. Book after the final payment but you get the "left overs" if ur not picky about the location n type of stateroom or you could get s good deal from those who decides to cancel on the final payment date!