What books have you read on a cruise?

rockster

I am a voracious reader (or I was before the kids came along) but I never manage to read anything more in depth on a cruise than a magazine. I just do not have the temperment to lay in the sun and bake while reading. It gives me ants in my pants.

RedHead, I have the CD version of Skinny Dip and listened to it while driving back and forth to work. Actually I have heard it twice. It is easy light reading.

I normally take a couple of books with me and if I get the chance to read I can. If I don't thats fine also. I like to read but the time doesn't always present itself.

Depends on what you are looking for, but I read a chick book called "Can You Keep a Secret" by Sophia Kinsella (same author as Shop A Holic -which is also a great series of 3 books). Funny thing was that the family we shared a table with at dinner (and became good friends) the mom was also reading this book, and I saw it on a fair amount of chairs by the pool.

Each cruise I take a "Florida" book. Anything by Randy Wayne White, Lawrence Sanders (the McNally series) or Tom Corcoran. Easy reads, mystery novels, very interesting characters, and well-written. I highly recommend all...

I love anything by Janet Evanovich (myteries, but very funny), James Patterson (Alex Cross mysteries), Kathy Reichs (main char. is a forensic anthropologist--again mysteries and sometimes a bit grisly but still a good read). Patricia Cornwell is another good author. To the OP--if you liked the DaVinci Code, try Angels and Demons also by Dan Brown.

One of my very favorite things to do on a cruise is to find a comfy spot near the pool ,but in the shade usually and read my book, enjoy my foo-foo drink, and people watch. Soooo relaxing!!

Enjoy your cruise!

Skinny Dip isn't actually about a cruise, but it starts on one & is light, fun reading for vacation.

I, unfortunately, don't have much time to read at home (I rely on audiobooks in the car for entertainment), so I have to do some reading on my forced down-time.

Last month on the Serenade I read "Inside the Mind of Scott Peterson".

Barb

How do you add someones quote to your post? I'm still trying to learn some of the things on this site.

at the end of each post you can click on the word "quote" in the lower right hand corner and it will automatically post in gray what that person said and so that person will know you're responding to that quote.:)

I love light reading while on a cruise. I would never try to read a really involved story because my attention span is quite short. I'm too busy looking around. I usually read anything from the Archie McNally series (Sanders), Grisham or Mary Higgins Clark.

I love light reading while on a cruise. I would never try to read a really involved story because my attention span is quite short. I'm too busy looking around. I usually read anything from the Archie McNally series (Sanders), Grisham, Grafton or Mary Higgins Clark.

Archived