Tipping on Seabourn, acceptable though not expected..or not?

Kevnzworld

Totally agree with all you say Jenidallas.

We often write a card (I take some with me) particularly thanking the Room Attendant, they work so hard. The only time I havent done this was our last cruise, I thanked her personally but didn't write anything. She was OK but often forgot to put the News leaflet outside, and other things, and she did come across a bit dour (we are really not demanding passengers, quite the contrary!) Compared to our cruise the previous year, we had such a bond with our Attendant and we hugged on our last day, we were both a bit tearful, she was such fun and easy to get on with. She left us the loveliest note.

As far as tipping, I've never come across a member of staff angling for anything, but we did dine one night with a couple in the MDR who tipped every day (they said). I think they were Travel Agents or some sort of Agent (they wore badges?!) and were continually looking to join us and others, I couldn't work out why they tipped and when they told us how much I was in shock!

Never be pressured for a tip on SB in fact quite the opposite. I'm with Mr L in the treating crew as equals approach, saying thank you and verbally acknowledging when someone has gone above and beyond.

We do tend to leave the stewardess a little something at the end of the cruise but more importantly if we're going ashore and will be visiting shops I ask if there is anything she needs. It's not so much being unable to pay for them herself as lacking the time to go ashore. In Miami I was on a mission for spicy crisps (chips) on change over day when she would have been rushed off her feet :)

Henry :)

Henry, After reading everything you have written on this board, I have come to the conclusion that you are a very kind and generous (and talented ) man. I do my husband and I are onboard a SB vessel at the same time someday.

This is Luke the Thomas Keller Restaurant manager.

He is an extremely nice guy and professionalism personified.

He will tell you everything about the ingredients and how each dish is made.

Here he is presenting our chicken just before carving it last night.

Luke will go far with Seabourn and has that extra attention to detail which is needed to succeed in the business.IMG-20180820-WA0008.thumb.jpg.3c793c2f1770d57cb0edf63567cf7d08.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Forums mobile app

This is Luke the Thomas Keller Restaurant manager.

Luke is wonderful! I agree he’ll go very far. Is his girlfriend Sharon (seating hostess) on board as well?

I’m disappointed now because I was selfishly hoping they’d be on Quest October - December.

Have a wonderful cruise Mr Luxury!

Floris

Henry, After reading everything you have written on this board, I have come to the conclusion that you are a very kind and generous (and talented ) man. I do my husband and I are onboard a SB vessel at the same time someday.

Ha Ha :)

Kind, generous, talented ? There must be someone else hacking into my account :)

I look for the good in any situation and have always said that if you can't enjoy your time on Seabourn you've given up on life. There is a team of people dedicated to making your stay as enjoyable as possible and they have no reason to upset you. If there's anything they can do to make you happy they will do it.

Always good to share cruises with like minded souls...

Henry :)