Specialty Dining Menus - Panicking that Faves are Missing!

cpgrneyes

We fly to Europe this Saturday and sail on Quest July 4th, so I'm spending my morning obsessing about the trip.

I was looking at the specialty restaurant menus online (we're in a CC suite, so dine in them every night), and am shocked that some favorites are missing.

My husband has been looking forward to lobster every evening onboard, as he's done in our four previous sailings, and our friend has been talking non-stop about his nightly chocolate souffle that he devoured on his last AZ trip.

I don't see either on any of the menus. Have they both been eliminated? Ouch. If so, I'll have to decide whether to break the news to them before the first night.

Also, with the dining packages, I assume it's more difficult to get reservations? We'll have to make them all when we board.

Thanks, and hope to hear that there may be good news.

We fly to Europe this Saturday and sail on Quest July 4th, so I'm spending my morning obsessing about the trip.

I was looking at the specialty restaurant menus online (we're in a CC suite, so dine in them every night), and am shocked that some favorites are missing.

My husband has been looking forward to lobster every evening onboard, as he's done in our four previous sailings, and our friend has been talking non-stop about his nightly chocolate souffle that he devoured on his last AZ trip.

I don't see either on any of the menus. Have they both been eliminated? Ouch. If so, I'll have to decide whether to break the news to them before the first night.

Also, with the dining packages, I assume it's more difficult to get reservations? We'll have to make them all when we board.

Thanks, and hope to hear that there may be good news.

Hi Cpgrneyes,

I took a look at the Specialty Dining Menus on Azamara's website. Must say that I was surprised at Aqualina's menu. As best as I can recall, it does not resemble what we've experienced on Azamara a few years ago. Wonder if they've recently changed the menu ?

While I remain very pleased with the Prime C menu, I wasn't as excited with Aqualina's, which is unfortunate, as we totally loved their previous offerings. I'm sure the cuisine is excellent as always, but the menu items do not look as enticing as in the past.

I cannot answer with any certainty about Lobster or Chocolate Souffle. Perhaps with some notice, Azamara may be able to accommodate the Chocolate Souffle request. Lobster may be a tougher request.

One thing is for sure. Azamara loves to please, and I'm hopeful they will make your DH happy. I'd highly recommend speaking with the Specialty Dining Manager, as early as possible on Day 1 of your cruise.

Please let us know the outcome when you return, and have a wonderful cruise !

Edited by Host Andy

Aqualina's menu's changed in October 2014 I think. We were onboard Quest for the first week. If I remember correctly the Lobster has been substituted with a Lobster Pasta and a delicious Limoncello Souffle for the Chocolate Souffle. However, this is Azamara we are talking about and you know they will do all they can to make you happy. I love the old menu Goat's Cheese Souffle and The Grand Marnier Souffle and I just mentioned I missed them from the menu. They immediately offered to make them for me on my next visit three days later....and they were just as good as I remembered. :)

Hi Cpgrneyes,

I took a look at the Specialty Dining Menus on Azamara's website. Must say that I was surprised at Aqualina's menu. As best as I can recall, it does not resemble what we've experienced on Azamara a few years ago. Wonder if they've recently changed the menu ?

Andy, they changed the Aqualina menu a while ago. They now alternate the menu as per the website. I'm not a great lover of the Limoncillo Soufflé, but the flourless chocolate torte is delicious.

As Lottie says speak to the Maitre d' and they will do whatever they can providing there is a bit of notice. Lobster though doesnt seem to figure much.

Phil

Andy, they changed the Aqualina menu a while ago. They now alternate the menu as per the website. I'm not a great lover of the Limoncillo Soufflé, but the flourless chocolate torte is delicious.

As Lottie says speak to the Maitre d' and they will do whatever they can providing there is a bit of notice. Lobster though doesnt seem to figure much.

Phil

i am happy with the lobster salad in Prime C. i think those menu's will change next

but one can give 24 hours notice and get whatever.

Aqualina's menu's changed in October 2014 I think. We were onboard Quest for the first week. If I remember correctly the Lobster has been substituted with a Lobster Pasta and a delicious Limoncello Souffle for the Chocolate Souffle. However, this is Azamara we are talking about and you know they will do all they can to make you happy. I love the old menu Goat's Cheese Souffle and The Grand Marnier Souffle and I just mentioned I missed them from the menu. They immediately offered to make them for me on my next visit three days later....and they were just as good as I remembered. :)

Oh no! No more goat cheese soufflé??? It's my birthday the day we embark and I've been dreaming of that soufflé as a perfect way to start the cruise. Do you think that they will accommodate my request if I make it as soon as we board?

Oh no! No more goat cheese soufflé??? It's my birthday the day we embark and I've been dreaming of that soufflé as a perfect way to start the cruise. Do you think that they will accommodate my request if I make it as soon as we board?

Hi Mare s.

Hard to say for sure... but if I were to guess ? I'd think they would try their very best to accommodate you. I loved the Goat Cheese Souffle as well. Had it at Murano on Celebrity a few months ago, and it was as good as ever. Surprised that it's currently off Aqualina's menu.... but as long as the wonderful Azamara crew can make it happen ? I suppose the removal doesn't matter all that much.

Edited by Host Andy

Just come off the quest only lobster is the salad in Peimce C the lobster pasta and bisque not so good. Did not like the new menus in Aqualina.

If you ask, preferably in advance, you can have the lobster salad in Aqualina as well. It is not guaranteed that you will get it, but it doesn't hurt to try. We got it last time on the Journey. Had lobster salad with every meal.:):D