Are the leaves changing yet?

parrothead01

The trees have a different "tint" to them now - but have not started really changing yet - today we are getting the aftermath of Ophilia - so it is raining and dreary outside.

Around October 10th the leaves should be very nice.

It is and will be very much different than Florida @ 90 degrees!!!

I hope that you have a wonderful time on your cruise and that you have the chance to really enjoy my beautiful state. Jan

We will be there Wed Oct. 5th on the Golden. It sounds like we will be in luck for the leaves to have turned. I am checking the weather everyday with a 10 day forecast to see if the weather is finally starting to cool off. Hoping we do not have rain on our trip as it would be nice to just have the cool weather. Somehow when you are from sunny So. Calif. you just picture New England as fall colors and brisk air.

Vicki

Don't know where your Canada/New England cruise sails, but here is the Quebec leaf color website:

http://www.bonjourquebec.com/anglai...ouleur_aut.html

And here's the Boston area, which will start regular updates after Sept 20:

http://www.mass-vacation.com/jsp/fall_foliage/welcome.jsp?org_id=empty&cat=36&g=&region=empty

And here's the Maine leaf peeper site:

http://www.state.me.us/doc/foliage/

Today was beautiful, but as the weatherman said it was a "bad hair day" - very windy, can tell that winter is on its way - not a short sleeved shirt day (mostly because of wind).

Tonight the low is to to be in the upper 30's with possibility of scattered frost. Tomorrow low 70's then to the lower 60's for rest of week (and some rain)- This is for the Bar Harbor area - is different in other parts. Still not much color here, but with colder weather should start showing color soon. Time to turn the heat on, I guess - unfortunately won't be turning it back off until May or so. Jan

Jan - I hear ya. DW wants the heat on, but I am still resisting. I try to get to Nov., but if things keep up I will be lucky to get until Oct. Trees are still green, have seen some leaves blow by, but not many. Bring your sweatshirts with you on any cruise now, if you are from Texas, invest in a winter coat 36_1_64.gif :D

Current temp is 63 degrees.

We are there next week on the 5th so I'm guessing we will miss the leaves changing color. I have hired a tour operator for a couple of hours to show us around. Very excited and I'm sure it will still be beautiful. We are packing for cool weather and possible rain.

You'd be surprised how much can change in a week. If the temps cooperate and we get some of the rain we are supposed to, the farther north you go the better the colors will be. You could get to see some beautiful foliage.

Current temp in Boston is 66 degrees with rain in the forecast for later today, bringing the temps down with it.

Well, it is supposed to get cooler tomorrow; 99 today :mad: I feel better just reading your posts! Anyone have any good tours to recommend in Bar Harbor besides Oli's Trolley and the Acadia National Park tour?

Thanks,

Nancy

I don't even know if we reached 99 degrees all summer. 36_1_47.gif

It was actually 104 I found out!!:mad: It was our hottest day all summer and broke the record for the hottest temp for that day!

Fortunately a cool front has come through and it has been in the 70's! Yea! But it is going back up to the 80's ; however that sure beats 104!!

TheWog I would be delighted if we got to see some color change as I don't know if I will get to repeat this itinerary anytime soon. I'm all packed and ready to leave tomorrow for NY and we sail on Sat. I keep checking the weather and I'm packing all fall clothes with a winter jacket and a rain coat. For someone who has cruised on almost 70 cruises I can't remember being this excited about one in years and years!

TheWog I would be delighted if we got to see some color change as I don't know if I will get to repeat this itinerary anytime soon. I'm all packed and ready to leave tomorrow for NY and we sail on Sat. I keep checking the weather and I'm packing all fall clothes with a winter jacket and a rain coat. For someone who has cruised on almost 70 cruises I can't remember being this excited about one in years and years!

I am sure you will have a great time. Last night's weather forecast has the temps next week being in the 80s Mon - Wed. Crazy weather. Hopefully the leaves will cooperate for you!

Archived