Are the leaves changing yet?

parrothead01

Supposed to be in the 80s the next 3 days - Friday in the 50s. I have seen a couple maples change, but other than that nothing much. 2-3 weeks sounds about right for full color.

Keep those cool temps going..we will be there in about 2 weeks!!! We are out of the Texas heat!!!!:) Watch it get cool here then.

Last few days have been beautiful in Maine - 75 degrees with slight breeze - no humidity - perfect place, perfect weather. Sugar maples are really starting to change to very pretty oranges - still seeing lots of green though (we have so many white pines and other firs that we always have green). By the end of next week or two weeks it should be lovely (color changing is late this year). Jan

I was driving up the NY/NJ line on the Pallisades Parkway yesterday, and was amazed at the start of the color change, being it's still warm here. It's still in the 70's and window to house are STILL open.

I guess they really do know when to change, unless the lack of water this year is helping!

Trees along the highway always change first, due to road salt and tailpipe emissions.

No color changes outside my window today, none in downtown Boston yesterday.

I can't believe the colors have not started to change yet....... Unbelivable! One week and counting - Nitemare, can you do something and make sure there are colors when I am there next week?

As of today, my area of Maine is 30-50 percent color - The coast line of Maine from Kittery to Downeast is between 10-30% - The colors should really start changing quickly now - It is cold (46 degrees) now with rain - colors will pop out as soon as get some sun again. Its late this year - just remember if you are off the coast of Maine - you will not have as much color change as you will inland as we have so many white pine trees that will always be green. Jan

Thanks Jan,

We will be leaving from New York this Friday and it looks like our timing will be perfect.

Just hope it stops raining long enough for us to get around and see the area. This is my first trip in that part of the country and I am getting very excited about it.

Take care, Ron

I can't believe the colors have not started to change yet....... Unbelivable! One week and counting - Nitemare, can you do something and make sure there are colors when I am there next week?

I wish I could, but with the forecast for rain for the next 4-5 days and temps in the 50's and 60's around the clock, I don't see any hastening of the process. Hopefully in Bar Harbor and Canada you'll get to see some colors.

Otherwise, I could always mail you some of my leaves when they fall! ;)

I guess I will just have to return next year and hope for fall colors then. Or Nitemare, you will have to mail me some leaves.......

I spoke with my tour guide in Halifax and he said the colors are not changing there either - he said he is still wearing shorts.

I guess I will just have to return next year and hope for fall colors then. Or Nitemare, you will have to mail me some leaves.......

Mail you some? I'm sure many of us will be ready to send them to you by the truckload in about a month :D

Rich, ACC

Carefree Vacations

We went on the cruise last week and returned on the 8th. Although we loved every minute of the cruise we did not see any real color change. We also did not get into Bar Harbour due to really thick fog. Golden Princess was a wonderful ship and exceeded my expectations!

We went on the cruise last week and returned on the 8th. Although we loved every minute of the cruise we did not see any real color change. We also did not get into Bar Harbour due to really thick fog. Golden Princess was a wonderful ship and exceeded my expectations!

Sorry you didn't get to see all the colors. Not sure if we will have a great foliage season this year.

We were tied up next to the Golden in St. Maarten when we sailed on Disney. Huge ship.

Archived