Are the leaves changing yet?

parrothead01

We were on the Golden Princess to New England/Canada on 10/1-10/8. We were really looking forward to the fall foliage but unfortunately there was more change of color in our backyard in California when we returned than we saw on our trip. We saw some slight color while on our shore excursion to Lexington and Concord. We couldn't get off of the ship in Bar Harbor to go to Acadia Park because of fog....that was a real disappointment!

• 2 weeks later...

Rain here this weekend and beginning of next week too - I'm really getting tired of it - the rivers look like spring thaw time and with many of them being tidal there is a lot of water.

We are at peak here and in Bar Harbor - western and northern is past peak now - have yellows some reds but rain has really done a number on the foliage this year. (Personally I find that NH always has the most beautiful foliage). Jan

Crazy4cruisin - Today is the 22nd which is when you are expected to be in Bar Harbor - and this is one of the only days where the sun was out this morning and it has not rained during the day - weather is cool but is normal for this time of year. Hope you enjoyed your day! Jan

Crazy4cruisin - Today is the 22nd which is when you are expected to be in Bar Harbor - and this is one of the only days where the sun was out this morning and it has not rained during the day - weather is cool but is normal for this time of year. Hope you enjoyed your day! Jan

Hi Jan,

I just got back from my trip - Bar Harbor was a few days ago (it is all running together now) and we loved Bar Harbor! The colors were lovely in Acadia and the downtown area was very clean, the people were friendly, we loved the shops and we spent some $$$ at 2 of the shops. I will definitly return to Maine on a land vacation one of these days.

Thanks for all your contributions to this board!

theresa

Theresa - I am so glad that you enjoyed Bar Harbor - You'll find that everyone that lives in this state loves being here (except for the pay scale!) - If you do decide to come back and visit - stop by these boards - there are so many places in Maine that I would love to share.

My youngest child is 14 and every year we take a long weekend and go exploring - we stay in B&B's - the only rules are to get lost, eat food we've never tried before, sing loudly to the radio, laugh and be totally silly. We have been completely lost & have met amazing people and seen some beautiful places over the years.

I just got back from my trip - Bar Harbor was a few days ago (it is all running together now) and we loved Bar Harbor!........................................................

Theresa

Theresa –

If you loved BH, you may enjoy the panorama I made taken from the BH town dock. Here is the link: http://www.pbase.com/joneruss/image/49389594/original

If you use dial up, it may take 5 minutes or more to load (but worth it IMHO). You can select a smaller size while loading by scrolling all the way left, and under the image title, other available sizes are listed.

While checking out the available sizes, on the right side of that screen at the bottom, click on the word Previous for the view I had where I was staying at Southwest Harbor on the “quiet” side of Mount Desert Island.

SBtS

Here's to swimmin' with bowlegged women............

-- Cpt Quint of The Orca, Amity, USA

Archived