C&A Platinum Balcony & Suites discount question

I just recently earned Platinum status, but I had booked a 2017 B2B cruise before my last cruise where I earned this status. I've looked at that booking online, but can't see anywhere where a discount has been applied. Am I able to get the discount for that sailing?

I just recently earned Platinum status, but I had booked a 2017 B2B cruise before my last cruise where I earned this status. I've looked at that booking online, but can't see anywhere where a discount has been applied. Am I able to get the discount for that sailing?

Did you book with a travel agent or directly with Royal Caribbean?

If you used a TA, call him/her.

If directly, call C&A at 800-526-9723 and ask them to apply your balcony discount. Make sure that they don't mess up the rest of your reservation. (ask whoever is helping you if they are going to re-price your cruise)

It would have to be repriced at the going rate. If it went up more than your discount would be you're better off keeping it as is.

Did you book with a travel agent or directly with Royal Caribbean?

If you used a TA, call him/her.

If directly, call C&A at 800-526-9723 and ask them to apply your balcony discount. Make sure that they don't mess up the rest of your reservation. (ask whoever is helping you if they are going to re-price your cruise)

Ok, thanks. I'll call them tomorrow. I booked through Royal, will transfer to a TA but haven't yet, so I should be able to take of this before I do.

It would have to be repriced at the going rate. If it went up more than your discount would be you're better off keeping it as is.

That's what I was afraid of, the price has gone up. In fact it went up enough that it didn't make sense to rebook it while onboard the Liberty.

I'll call tomorrow and see what the difference would be, but I'm pretty sure it won't be worth it to rebook. I was hoping it could just be applied to my existing reservation.

Unfortunabely, they stopped allowing that a year or two ago.

Didn't that happen about the same time as that new computer system they installed for their reps. Come to think of it that was probably when people's cruises started to be repriced on their own just for accessing it the wrong way.

Didn't that happen about the same time as that new computer system they installed for their reps. Come to think of it that was probably when people's cruises started to be repriced on their own just for accessing it the wrong way.

Yes, I believe it was Oct/Nov 2013 when the re-pricing started occuring if you sneezed while thinking about your booking.

Ok, thanks. I'll call them tomorrow. I booked through Royal, will transfer to a TA but haven't yet, so I should be able to take of this before I do.

When did you make the reservation? You only have 60 days to transfer it to a TA.

When did you make the reservation? You only have 60 days to transfer it to a TA.

About a month ago, right before my cruise, so there's still time. I usually don't transfer until closer to the 60 days just so I can deal with any issues like this that crop up, though it looks like I'm probably out of luck with this one. Oh well...

• 1 month later...

I booked with a TA on Saturday, they have our C&A numbers (platinum). When I looked at my reservation I didn't see the discount so I called and was told they would have to re-book at the current rate, which is $600 more than 2 days ago. When I go online a do a mock booking, it's $75.00 cheaper than the mock booking I did on Saturday. Not sure if calling C&A at RCCL will do any good, but I am going to give it a try!

I booked with a TA on Saturday, they have our C&A numbers (platinum). When I looked at my reservation I didn't see the discount so I called and was told they would have to re-book at the current rate, which is $600 more than 2 days ago. When I go online a do a mock booking, it's $75.00 cheaper than the mock booking I did on Saturday. Not sure if calling C&A at RCCL will do any good, but I am going to give it a try!

If the only issue is that they "forgot" to apply the Platinum discount to your reservation, NOT that you weren't Platinum before but you are now, then they CANNOT reprice it. CANNOT. JUST CANNOT.

But are you saying that the cruise is actually CHEAPER at this very moment than when you booked it? And it's outside of final payment? Then just cancel and rebook, being sure that all of your discounts are accurately applied.

If the only issue is that they "forgot" to apply the Platinum discount to your reservation, NOT that you weren't Platinum before but you are now, then they CANNOT reprice it. CANNOT. JUST CANNOT.

But are you saying that the cruise is actually CHEAPER at this very moment than when you booked it? And it's outside of final payment? Then just cancel and rebook, being sure that all of your discounts are accurately applied.

The TA forgot to apply the platinum discount when I booked. I called them and they told me that I would have to rebook and the cost was $600 more than what we paid. So I did a mock booking on the RCCL website and the discount was applied and the price showed $75 less than what I originally paid. I don't know who to believe now!

The TA forgot to apply the platinum discount when I booked. I called them and they told me that I would have to rebook and the cost was $600 more than what we paid. So I did a mock booking on the RCCL website and the discount was applied and the price showed $75 less than what I originally paid. I don't know who to believe now!

I use to work with TA's but recently started using my C&A assigned vacation planner. I personally like working with them better.

I use to work with TA's but recently started using my C&A assigned vacation planner. I personally like working with them better.

I booked this through RCI and used our points for a discount. I usually book myself through the website, but this was $400 cheaper so I had to do it.

Laurie

I would send a screen shot of your mock booking to the TA and ask why they cannot honor the website price. If you don't get a reasonable answer, it's time to find a new TA.

If the only issue is that they "forgot" to apply the Platinum discount to your reservation, NOT that you weren't Platinum before but you are now, then they CANNOT reprice it. CANNOT. JUST CANNOT. But are you saying that the cruise is actually CHEAPER at this very moment than when you booked it? And it's outside of final payment? Then just cancel and rebook, being sure that all of your discounts are accurately applied.

Hi

I spoke with the travel agent today, and they adjusted the price! Hey $75 is $75! Does anyone know the discount for Emerald?

Thanks

Laurie

Does anyone know the discount for Emerald?

Thanks

Laurie

These are the C&A balcony discount rates I have in my cruise information file.

Platinum Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$ 50 * for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$200* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200* for sailings of 15+ nights

Emerald Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$ 75 * for sailings of 3-5 nights

$125* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$225* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$225* for sailings of 15+ nights

Diamond Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$125* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$225* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$325* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$325* for sailings of 15+ nights

Diamond Plus & Pinnacle Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$150* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$250* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$350* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$350* for sailings of 15+ nights

*When booking less than 6 months from sailing date subtract $25 from each dollar amount.

Edited by robtulipe

• 3 months later...
Yes, I believe it was Oct/Nov 2013 when the re-pricing started occuring if you sneezed while thinking about your booking.

So, what happens if the category is sold out and there's nothing to reprice to? I want to increase my balcony discount since I moved up the C&A ranks since booking the cruise.

So, what happens if the category is sold out and there's nothing to reprice to? I want to increase my balcony discount since I moved up the C&A ranks since booking the cruise.

I would call and try to get the balcony discount changed. All they can say is no. I've seen cases where they cannot re-price when the category is sold out.