New St. George's Area Shuttle Bus for St. David's Attractions

njhorseman

That is not correct. Clearwater and Turtle Bay is on one side of the airport strip in that little peninsula by Coopers Island Reserve. The light house is all the way over on the other side of the airport strip past Annies Bay and Ruths Bay. You can also see this on the map I posted above the different areas.

I just can't tell by the "map" they provide (that I posted) what actual street they are on compared to the location of the lighthouse and how far of a walk it would be. :(

Ya better look again. Clearwater beach IS IN Annies Bay

The gombie bar is at the far right end of it .

Coppers reserve in on the Castle Harbor side by Nonsuch Island .

Edited by biker@sea

Ya better look again. Clearwater beach IS IN Annies Bay

The gombie bar is at the far right end of it .

Coppers reserve in on the Castle Harbor side by Nonsuch Island .

Right but it's on the other side of the bay and across on the other side of the runway from looking at the map, which to me, looks far away. :confused:

Do I have the right location to the lighthouse biker?

isl_zpsssajkajp.jpg

To me, it looks like a far walk if that's the case. Of course I may be wrong and it may just be an illusion on the distance. It's always so hard to tell when looking at a map if it's actually as far as it looks.

Thank you for clarifying that. I saw the May 10 date and thought that would apply next year. I am relieved that if it is running next year, they would probably start with the first cruise of the season.

Thank you very much and happy sailing.

Jennie

isl_zpsssajkajp.jpg

To me, it looks like a far walk if that's the case. Of course I may be wrong and it may just be an illusion on the distance. It's always so hard to tell when looking at a map if it's actually as far as it looks.

I guess it depends on your definition of far .

It looks to me as the walk is about the length of runway 30 on your map .

So I would venture a guess of 1 mile or less .

To some, the walk from the couch to the T/V is far when ya can't find the remote .:eek: L.O.L.

Edited by biker@sea

I guess it depends on your definition of far .

It looks to me as the walk is about the length of runway 30 on your map .

So I would venture a guess of 1 mile or less .

To some, the walk from the couch to the T/V is far when ya can't find the remote .:eek: L.O.L.

Those darn remotes!!! :D

So it sounds like it might not be too far of a walk then. :p

isl_zpsssajkajp.jpg

Google maps says it's a 1.7 km walk . . .

So tell me....

If you took this bus (I know, no one has actually been ON it yet, but just estimating, maybe those that have been on the regular bus and went out that way) how long do you think it would take to get to Clearwater, since Clearwater is the last stop for the HOHO bus? :confused: Anyone want to guess for me? :D

We took the hop off hop on bus(minivan) on July 14 and I would not do it again. There was only 1 bus available and that driver did both routes- St. George locations and Clearwater beach route. Before you buy your ticket ask how many minivans are running are available. We had to wait 1 hour to be picked up.

Edited by sauvichick

We took the hop off hop on bus(minivan) on July 14 and I would not do it again. There was only 1 bus available and that driver did both routes- St. George locations and Clearwater beach route. Before you buy your ticket ask how many minivans are running are available. We had to wait 1 hour to be picked up.

I know when we did the HOHO bus to the St George locations in June they had more than 1 bus. I wonder what determines if they put more than 1 out there. I would think if they have 2 different areas they are going to now, they would at least have both of them running, so that's disappointing.

I do know that it stated that the HOHO bus to the St David area only runs every hour, so that's probably why you waited for a hour before getting picked up? Someone had mentioned that they run every hour on the 45 minute mark. Do you remember if that's when yours came? If that's the case, it sure would make it easier to "time" things on when to leave.

Kim you might want to check arrival and departure times for your cruise. Ours has changed to arrive at 9 and departure at 3:00! This is freaking me out since we won't make the 9:30 ferry to St George on Wednesday and not sure if we will book the pontoon on Wednesday like we planned.

Kim you might want to check arrival and departure times for your cruise. Ours has changed to arrive at 9 and departure at 3:00! This is freaking me out since we won't make the 9:30 ferry to St George on Wednesday and not sure if we will book the pontoon on Wednesday like we planned.

Yep, they changed our times to that as well. I found out yesterday. :( So if we're going to rent anything, it looks like they have made up our mind for us to rent on the 2nd day there. That's the only "safe" time to do it.

I know when we did the HOHO bus to the St George locations in June they had more than 1 bus. I wonder what determines if they put more than 1 out there. I would think if they have 2 different areas they are going to now, they would at least have both of them running, so that's disappointing.

I do know that it stated that the HOHO bus to the St David area only runs every hour, so that's probably why you waited for a hour before getting picked up? Someone had mentioned that they run every hour on the 45 minute mark. Do you remember if that's when yours came? If that's the case, it sure would make it easier to "time" things on when to leave.

We were told every half hour from St. Catherine's Fort/Achilles Bay. The driver wasn't planning on going to Clearwater unless people requested it. Unfortunately people in the shuttle did. Our driver stated the other driver was on the hospital. Had we known that we would have walked to the unfinished church and then take a taxi to the fort.

Edited by sauvichick

We were told every half hour from St. Catherine's Fort/Achilles Bay. The driver wasn't planning on going to Clearwater unless people requested it. Unfortunately people in the shuttle did. Our driver stated the other driver was on the hospital. Had we known that we would have walked to the unfinished church and then take a taxi to the fort.

Oh ok. For some reason I was thinking you were just talking about going to St Davids and it taking a hour waiting on the bus (which according to what they announced, it only does run once a hour) so that was my confusion.

Yes, it usually runs anywhere from 15 min to 1/2 hour for the St George bus though. It sounds like they only had the one bus running that day since the other driver was in the hospital. So I guess that would be the reason it was taking longer.

I guess if people are concerned about the times they are running and wait time, the best thing to do is to ask before you purchase the stamp how many are running/drivers they have. I will definitely keep this in mind when we return.

At Clearwater Beach there is a beach bar. The beach bar will call a cab for you. If you are a party of more than two taking a cab back to the ferry probably is not much more, and the convenience of relaxing instead of waiting at a bus stop is well worth it. Jmo

• 3 weeks later...

Some time before our arrival in Bermuda (early August), the main bus used by HOHO was in an accident and couldn't be used. That left a taxi (5 people) and a large van (14 people) for their program. They were only going to one beach at a time with no stops or pick-ups any where else. The lines were long and disorganized. After a long wait (and being told that it would be even longer- if they even decided to stop elsewhere), we asked for and received a refund. Plan on walking to see the attractions in St Georges.

Some time before our arrival in Bermuda (early August), the main bus used by HOHO was in an accident and couldn't be used. That left a taxi (5 people) and a large van (14 people) for their program. They were only going to one beach at a time with no stops or pick-ups any where else. The lines were long and disorganized. After a long wait (and being told that it would be even longer- if they even decided to stop elsewhere), we asked for and received a refund. Plan on walking to see the attractions in St Georges.

We have so many people going that I'm not sure it's a good thing to be walking everywhere, especially with kids. I also don't think that the Clearwater beach area is walkable is it? :(

Hopefully they will have the other bus fixed or something worked out by the time we go in October.

I was in Bermuda last week and tried to go to Clearwater Beach. They said the bus for St. David's had a flat tire or something so it wasn't operating. They had a van and a small SUV doing the loop around St. George. We went to St. Catherine's and Achilles Bay before deciding that we would spend the day at Tobacco Bay, and I was surprised that the driver took us directly to Tobacco Bay instead of continuing the loop.

I was in Bermuda last week and tried to go to Clearwater Beach. They said the bus for St. David's had a flat tire or something so it wasn't operating. They had a van and a small SUV doing the loop around St. George. We went to St. Catherine's and Achilles Bay before deciding that we would spend the day at Tobacco Bay, and I was surprised that the driver took us directly to Tobacco Bay instead of continuing the loop.

Well all these negative reports coming in are kinda discouraging. We really want to go to the St Davids area and visit the beach there. :(

Anyone know how much a cab ride there would cost? We will have 10 people with us, so I assume it will take 2 cabs. :confused:

Well all these negative reports coming in are kinda discouraging. We really want to go to the St Davids area and visit the beach there. :(

Anyone know how much a cab ride there would cost? We will have 10 people with us, so I assume it will take 2 cabs. :confused:

Why not use the public pink #6 bus??

It worked fine for us.

Edited by biker@sea

It is a long walk from where the bus drops you off at the top of Coopers Island Road to Clearwater Beach and even further to Long Bay and the Reserve. I have heard sometimes the # 6 bus will take people down to Clearwater but can't confirm so I think taxis are best bet.

It is a long walk from where the bus drops you off at the top of Coopers Island Road to Clearwater Beach and even further to Long Bay and the Reserve. I have heard sometimes the # 6 bus will take people down to Clearwater but can't confirm so I think taxis are best bet.

Coppers Island road is may be 1/4 mile long and flat .The bus dropped us right @ Clearwater ok .:cool:

Edited by biker@sea