weather out of Bayonne, NJ for Royal Carribean Liberty of the seas tomorrow(Saturday

mishy515

Hi everyone!

I'm new here. We're heading out of Bayonne, NJ tomorrow. Just wondering because of the rain predicted if we'll have a rough send off or even rough night cruising? Anyone have any advice? My son and I are prone to motion sickness but my parents(who are paying for this amazing trip) promise me that we'll both be fine and not even feel any motion. I however am not so convinced that we won't need the patches for behind our ears!!

Thanks for any advice you can give this semi-wear traveler!!

Hi everyone!

I'm new here. We're heading out of Bayonne, NJ tomorrow. Just wondering because of the rain predicted if we'll have a rough send off or even rough night cruising? Anyone have any advice? My son and I are prone to motion sickness but my parents(who are paying for this amazing trip) promise me that we'll both be fine and not even feel any motion. I however am not so convinced that we won't need the patches for behind our ears!!

Thanks for any advice you can give this semi-wear traveler!!

Aloha :D

Your parents are probably right. With a ship a large as LOS, you probably won't feel any motion unless you are extremely sensitive. If you're leaving tomorrow, it's probably too late to get the patches, but you might pick up some OTC pills.

I would go to the Liberty of the Seas Roll Calls, June 27, 2015 - 5-Night to Bermuda page http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2064045 and read like crazy tonite!

Aloha :D

They sell non Drowsy formula Dramamine. I believe you should start taking it before you start feeling seasick. Perhaps search or ask on Bermuda board

The ride from NJ to Bermuda can be rolling. If there is any question you or your son might have motion sickness, do the dramamine and bring ginger tablets! I enjoy the rolling but not everyone does!

• 8 years later...

We are on the Liberty of the Seas now and have not had a problem for 9 days and we missed Portland because of weather.  I heard tonight that someone said the Liberty is staying in Bayonne tomorrow night because of the weather, Have you gotten notification of this?

If you do not get car sick I would say you probably would not get sick.  But if you have the patch I would wear it just in case. The Capt will do what he can to keep you out of rough seas but sometimes it is not possible,

12 hours ago, FloridaGram said:

We are on the Liberty of the Seas now and have not had a problem for 9 days and we missed Portland because of weather.  I heard tonight that someone said the Liberty is staying in Bayonne tomorrow night because of the weather, Have you gotten notification of this?

If you do not get car sick I would say you probably would not get sick.  But if you have the patch I would wear it just in case. The Capt will do what he can to keep you out of rough seas but sometimes it is not possible,

If you need an answer you might want to start a new thread, this one is 8 years old.