Emerald Princess R412

Alicomp

I thought I posted this before but can't find it.

We will be in R412 on the Emerald Princess. It is below the deck with the pools, however the cabin is under the ice cream shop. Has anyone who has been in this cabin experienced noise from the arranging the deck chairs early in the morning?

Thank you.

R412 is actually a bit aft of the Pizza and Ice Cream Bar on Lido Deck above.

We had an opportunity to book this suite for an upcoming cruise, but decided against it after reading reviews. The noise from Lido Deck above was intolerable at times.

We prefer to book a cabin on a deck with accommodations above and below for quiet. There may very well be suites on Riviera Deck not subject to noise from above, but for the cost I don't want to chance it.

Lew

We had an opportunity to book this suite for an upcoming cruise, but decided against it after reading reviews. The noise from Lido Deck above was intolerable at times.

We prefer to book a cabin on a deck with accommodations above and below for quiet. There may very well be suites on Riviera Deck not subject to noise from above, but for the cost I don't want to chance it.

Lew

Thanks Lew. Where did you read reviews that said the noise was intolerable? I have only found one review that said there was noise in the early morning, but it wasn't bad. I know this is all relative, but want to make an informed choice. Problem is, we won't be able to get a suite in another location on the cruises (b2b and we don't want to change rooms mid-cruise) we have chosen.

Lew

I can see you have been in Emerald Princess, we will be in P247, any experience in that room? And can you give any special recommendations for our cruise.

We will be in princess cays and Grand turk...thanks!;):)

We will be in R412 on the Emerald Princess. It is below the deck with the pools, however the cabin is under the ice cream shop. Has anyone who has been in this cabin experienced noise from the arranging the deck chairs early in the morning?

Thank you.

I would use caution when booking in this area. As you have read there was at least one comment that you mentioned about noise. We have had family stay in a suite in the same location and had quite a bit of noise (deck chairs starting at 5:00am). If you must book due to it being the only suites available I would at least take ear plugs just in case. ;)

I can see you have been in Emerald Princess, we will be in P247, any experience in that room? And can you give any special recommendations for our cruise.

We will be in princess cays and Grand turk...thanks!;):)

Great location near the IC. :)

Thank you.

We had R412 on the Crown Princess which is identical to the Emerald Princess. Never heard anything from the deck above. It is a good cabin.

Thank you.

We had this exact cabin on the Emerald for our first Princess cruise in 2008. I did hear some chair arranging noise from the Lido deck but it wasn't that much of a deal to me. What I really wasn't fond of was the narrow balcony.....

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

We had this exact cabin on the Emerald for our first Princess cruise in 2008. I did hear some chair arranging noise from the Lido deck but it wasn't that much of a deal to me. What I really wasn't fond of was the narrow balcony.....

Bob

4032476955_4a9c632ed3.jpg

Couldn't find my pic of R412 on the Emerald, but this is R408 on the Ruby. Quite narrow if you ask me.....

Bob

• 9 months later...
We had R412 on the Crown Princess which is identical to the Emerald Princess. Never heard anything from the deck above. It is a good cabin.

I am so glad to hear that! I splurged and got this PH - as a surprise as it just seems like it's been a LONG year. Am now reading more about it so glad to hear from someone who was in this room on this ship.

We stayed in suite R417 in March and hardly ever heard anything. We were however, bothered up by the many, many drunk spring breakers crawling back to their cabins at 1 and 3am. That's a different thread, lol. I think you'll be fine but I would take earplugs in case.:)

We stayed in suite R417 in March and hardly ever heard anything. We were however, bothered up by the many, many drunk spring breakers crawling back to their cabins at 1 and 3am. That's a different thread, lol. I think you'll be fine but I would take earplugs in case.:)

Sorry about those shenanigans !! Ours is for a wine coastal cruise in September....am thinking the personality of the ship may be different then! Depending on the wine consumption....