Ultimate dining package

Sonoma fans

We did the ultimate dining package on our last two Reflection cruises. We really enjoyed the package, and for us was worth the 29.00 pp per day cost. Does anyone know if price has increased as specialty restaurants have gone up 5.00 recently? Also, with our Norweigan Fjords trip coming up on Eclipse, would Gastro Pub (ie the passport bar food menu) be included or not?

We did the ultimate dining package on our last two Reflection cruises. We really enjoyed the package, and for us was worth the 29.00 pp per day cost. Does anyone know if price has increased as specialty restaurants have gone up 5.00 recently?

Spoke to Cruise Enhancement yesterday and they confirmed UDP price is unchanged at $29pp/day

We did the ultimate dining package on our last two Reflection cruises. We really enjoyed the package, and for us was worth the 29.00 pp per day cost. Does anyone know if price has increased as specialty restaurants have gone up 5.00 recently? Also, with our Norweigan Fjords trip coming up on Eclipse, would Gastro Pub (ie the passport bar food menu) be included or not?

What does the ultimate dining package cover? Could one dine in a specialty rest. every night of their cruise?

I probably wouldn't myself, not enough choices for a 7 day cruise, but that me. I might look at one of the other specialty dining packages though.

We've purchased the ultimate package on Silhouette and will again next January on Reflection, but those ships have 4 specialty restaurants plus the Porch as well as Bistro on 5, so lots of choices. We also had an included lunch at the Lawn Grill once (was only open for lunch 1 day on our cruise) and a very nice tea was included. We really felt we got our money's worth.

It was still $29 in April. The Gastro Pub was not included. Bistro 5 plus the specialty restaurant lunches were included.

We have previously had dining packages and have found that once Murannos, Normandy.....know you are regulars they will vary the menu for you. We have arranged to have items such as steak Diane done as an alternative. You can also have starters as mains....

What does the ultimate dining package cover? Could one dine in a specialty rest. every night of their cruise?

It covers all the Specialty Restaurants and yes you can dine in one

of them every night. It also covers Bistro on 5......and it covers the

The Porch on Sihlouette and Reflection.

• 2 weeks later...
I probably wouldn't myself, not enough choices for a 7 day cruise, but that me. I might look at one of the other specialty dining packages though.

We've purchased the ultimate package on Silhouette and will again next January on Reflection, but those ships have 4 specialty restaurants plus the Porch as well as Bistro on 5, so lots of choices. We also had an included lunch at the Lawn Grill once (was only open for lunch 1 day on our cruise) and a very nice tea was included. We really felt we got our money's worth.

Infinity actually does have Bistro on 5 it's on deck 5 port side mid-aft ship across from Cellar Masters.

Does anyone know if we purchase this package if it would allow us to dine in Blu as well, or only SS United States, Qsine, and Bistro on 5?

Thanks,

Pat

Blu is not a Specialty dinning room, so it is not included in any of the packages.

But if you are staying in a suite you can go for yet another additional fee.

Hmmm... I'm pretty sure I'd get tired of SS, Qsine, and Bistro on our upcoming 9 night. Not really worth $522 to eat the same stuff for 9 nights IMHO. I think I'll just book the SS for our 2nd wedding anniversary night. :)

Thanks for the reply though!

Pat

We are kind of tempted to do this on our next cruise -- keep going back and forth on the decision. Does anyone out there have an opinion if it is worth it on the Infinity, which only has the 2 specialty restaurants?

I might consider it on a shorter, 7 day cruise. However on a longer voyage I probably wouldn't since there are only the two specialty restaurants (plus Bistro On Five). Also, just my opinion, but Qsine gets a little old after a couple of visits on one voyage. In my opinion, you get the best bang for the buck with the Ultimate dining package on S-class ships due to more choices.

Infinity actually does have Bistro on 5 it's on deck 5 port side mid-aft ship across from Cellar Masters.

Does anyone know if we purchase this package if it would allow us to dine in Blu as well, or only SS United States, Qsine, and Bistro on 5?

Thanks,

Pat

Hi Pat, nope, Blu is not included in the package.

Hmmm... I'm pretty sure I'd get tired of SS, Qsine, and Bistro on our upcoming 9 night. Not really worth $522 to eat the same stuff for 9 nights IMHO. I think I'll just book the SS for our 2nd wedding anniversary night. :)

Thanks for the reply though!

Pat

I'm sure you'll have a simply splendid time.

Do you have to book the UDP onboard?

Yes, but nothing stopping you booking every night online at your ideal time, then once onboard buy the UDP and get the credit back for your online reservations. If the UPD is unavailable you can still cancel for a full refund so you lose nothing.

We certainly looked at it but at over $800 for our cruise on November feel it's a lot of money. I think at that level you would have to rule out the MDR the whole cruise and we like to meet other cruise passengers part of our holiday. It's appealing as seen on Bill's YouTube videos just think we would rather have a better mix of speciality and MDR with the odd lunch at Bistro on 5 and with the discounts on board probably pay half that amount.