New Celebrity Bundle Pricing (Go! Big, Go! Better, Go! Best)

Charles4515

...It's giving me a headache! LOL. I can't even think of my other two trips!!:D

This is what Celebrity is counting on, the majority will not have a reliable baseline to compare prices with and will not be doing the sums

This new pricing is not on the UK website. Maybe that is good, who knows?? Hopefully all the previously mentioned glitches will be ironed out before it rolls out to all, which presumably it will if it is a new strategy rather than a promotion.

Actually, it may make sense on sailings under 10 nights. Let's say you want the drink package, and the OBC. if you are on a 7 night sailing. It would cost you $210 for Go Better and have both amenities (drinks and $300 OBC). Yes, you are only up $90 under this scenario, but the math works. It makes even more sense on the 4/5 night sailings.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I think the breakpoint is 10 nights or more, where the OBC and/or grats perk is of no value vs what you'd have to pay for it.

It just seems that marketing didn't think through the price vs. value for cruises beyond 9 or 10 nights.

Isn't that their job?

This last year has seen so many things implemented by Celebity that don't seem to have been thought through ahead of time.

*** :( .... :confused: .... :(

Just check our cruise in Caribbean for February (9 days Constellation) , for the perks we get(classic drinks, gratuities, and obc) this cruise for same room would cost us about 500 per person more. We already will get 180 minutes per person internet because we are Elite Plus.

Hi Everyone,

In today's Live chat, Ms Lutoff-Perlo just commented on the Single question :

Q: With the Big, Better, Best pricing, how will this be implemented for solo cruisers? I understand the double fair for the cabin (didn't say I liked it), but solo cruisers shouldn't have to pay for two beverage plans, two internet plans, etc.

by Straughn 12:14 PMComment (2) ↑0

A: Lisa Lutoff-Perlo,...

You will receive double OBC but will not have to pay for double beverage and double internet etc.

Hope this helps !

Our March 2016 cruise to the Caribbean on Equinox Aqua class with Classic Beverage Pkg for 2 is now $6798 the first day they started this new pricing. We had booked with the 123GO for a price of $4199 five months ago $150 pp to spend on board Classic Beverage Pkg for 2 and Prepaid Tips for 2. This new pricing really sucks just like I thought it would.:mad:

I was very curious about this new Go Big, Best, Better promotion of Celebrity. My family and I have Concierge Class for November 2016 11 night sailing to Caribbean. At the time of booking we have beverage package, gratuities and $500.00 OBC. Cabin price was $1800.00 pp + Taxes and fees. I went into my TA website (Crucon) and today's pricing and promotion is with bev package and gratuities for the same cabin price pp. No OBC. They are however offering this this promotion to Oceanview and Verandah.

I think that for us who booked Concierge with 123 Go, it does not make sense to change or rebook. In my case, I lose the OBC. But maybe for those who have oceanview or verandah bookings, this new promotion might make sense, if the same cabin price pp has not changed.

Hi Everyone,

Q: With the Big, Better, Best pricing, how will this be implemented for solo cruisers? I understand the double fair for the cabin (didn't say I liked it), but solo cruisers shouldn't have to pay for two beverage plans, two internet plans, etc.

You will receive double OBC but will not have to pay for double beverage and double internet etc.

Hope this helps !

That's not real clear. What if you chose Better and took OBC and Beverage. How much would you pay per day? $15 for one person and get double OBC and 1 drink package?

That's not real clear. What if you chose Better and took OBC and Beverage. How much would you pay per day? $15 for one person and get double OBC and 1 drink package?

Sorry Bob, that's all I have. If I hear anything else, I will post on this thread.

Like everyone else we tried to check how the new pricing compared to what we have booked. In all cases we booked when the itineraries were first announced & booked on board. On 3 of the 4 the category we booked had sold out.

So that left only 1 to check and we already have all 3 perks so only value add for Best would be the upgrade to Premium drink package (which we always do) and unlimited internet (which as Elite + we have sufficient internet) The pricing didn't work in that case.

However, a friend decided to join us on 1 cruise and booked just about a month ago. She got the 3 perks but planned to upgrade to Premium package and buy an unlimited internet package. This will be her first X cruise so no Capt Club Internet. In her case the Best saves her some $ so she will be redoing her booking.

Hi Everyone,

Hope this helps !

Thanks Andy for the clarification. It just seems Celebrity could have programmed their website to do this correctly. I know I will always be choosing the go big option in the future with OBC. I rarely spend anything for drinks beyond what I get being Elite so that option is worthless. Glad they are at least continuing to give solos $300 OBC.

I have 3 future cruises booked in 2016. On 2 of them, the category I have booked is sold out, so I cannot compare. On one of them, the other PH is still available so I can compare.

With my current PH booking I have unlimited premium beverage package, unlimited internet (those 2 perks come with the PH), prepaid gratuities, $300 OBC from Celebrity (perks I received when I booked). With the new pricing, I can get prepaid gratuities and $150 OBC per person and the price is $600 more than what I originally paid.

So, in my instance the new bundled pricing is definitely higher.

Edited by jcpc

Bob,

This is the way I interpreted it. OBC would be $300 for the go big for a single, and go better with a drink package would be $15 per day. How else could it be interpreted? Maybe I am loosing my mind doing all these permutations and computations?:eek: LOL

Hi to You and Garry,

Anne

I like this quote from Travel Weekly. Quoting a Celebrity exec who was a little too honest

" “We needed to completely change what’s going on,” Ritzethaler told Tolkin. “Our guiding principles were to give consumers ultimate choice, raise APDs (average per diems) and make it easy.”"

Note the raise APD's....ie the amount per day, per passenger total expenditure.

http://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Celebrity-Cruises-to-go-exclusively-with-bundle-pricing#.VZqpb0bD79U.email

Am I safe in assuming that choosing an option that would include the classic beverage package would still allow us to upgrade to the premium beverage package?

I would think Celebrity would still want the dollars for the upgraded beverage package BUT wouldn't that also dilute the appeal of the BEST option when passengers pick and choose to upgrade?

We have a cruise booked with 123 that includes the classic, tips and $300 OBC...we have not yet upgraded to the premium package. Do you think it would be wise to do so ASAP?

Call me confused.:confused:

This is the way I interpreted it. OBC would be $300 for the go big for a single, and go better with a drink package would be $15 per day. How else could it be interpreted? Maybe I am loosing my mind doing all these permutations and computations?:eek: LOL

Anne

Hi Anne,

You aren't losing your mind, but it is a lot to digest. I read it that way too.... but don't hold me to anything LOL.

Many on this thread have noticed that for 10 day and longer cruises the $150/pp OBC was not worth the cost while choosing the better or best options. The CEO and president of Celebrity just mentioned in to-day's chat that the amount of OBC would remain at $150 notwithstanding the length of the cruise. Too bad.

Am I safe in assuming that choosing an option that would include the classic beverage package would still allow us to upgrade to the premium beverage package?

I would think Celebrity would still want the dollars for the upgraded beverage package BUT wouldn't that also dilute the appeal of the BEST option when passengers pick and choose to upgrade?

We have a cruise booked with 123 that includes the classic, tips and $300 OBC...we have not yet upgraded to the premium package. Do you think it would be wise to do so ASAP?

Call me confused.:confused:

Hi Georgia Peach,

I'd certainly think Celebrity would continue to allow you to purchase the Premium Beverage Package upgrade with Go Big and Better. If you know you want Premium ? I'd probably make the purchase now.

Many on this thread have noticed that for 10 day and longer cruises the $150/pp OBC was not worth the cost while choosing the better or best options. The CEO and president of Celebrity just mentioned in to-day's chat that the amount of OBC would remain at $150 notwithstanding the length of the cruise. Too bad.

So, if I'm getting this right: the longer the cruise, the more you pay (in per diem upgrade fees) to get the same amount of OBC (??) -- yikes! What rocket scientist came up with this pricing scheme? :eek:

Hi Georgia Peach,

I'd certainly think Celebrity would continue to allow you to purchase the Premium Beverage Package upgrade with Go Big and Better. If you know you want Premium ? I'd probably make the purchase now.

Thanks, Andy. Will do so, and thank you for updating us on today's call.

Hi Georgia Peach,

I agree with Andy's advice. I did try to ask that question on the live chat, but it never made it past moderation. Unfortunately, I didn't ask until late into the chat.

Jane

Hi Georgia Peach,

Andy

Because of booking on board and the 1,2, 3 package we will have $650 of non-refundable OBC.

Our Gratuities are paid, we don't do Celebrity excursions, I've had enough mediocre massages for a lifetime and so the only thing left to spend that OBC on is an upgrade to our drink package. We HAVE to do that once on board so I certainly hope they don't take that option away. :(

From today's "chat":

"We had to take many groups, categories and offerings that we currently had when we came up with Big, Better, Best. No other offerings that we provide have been affected by our new pricing program. All guests should choose which option works "best" option for them and their circumstances."

12:43 PM

Edited by chamima

So, if I'm getting this right: the longer the cruise, the more you pay (in per diem upgrade fees) to get the same amount of OBC (??) -- yikes! What rocket scientist came up with this pricing scheme? :eek:

The OBC will not vary by length of cruise. This was confirmed on today's chat:

OBC will be $150 per person, regardless of length of cruise?

by Zeke 12:09 PM ↑0

Lisa Lutoff-Perlo,...

Yes

12:09 PM

Host Andy asked for them to reconsider this.

Jane