Luxury Cruise for Early 30's

athatcher

Hello,

My husband and I are in our early 30's and looking for a Mediterranean cruise. I should mention this is also my first cruise, so I'm unsure what to expect. If we travelled on one of the "luxury" lines like Crystal or Celebrity Cruises, will we be the youngest guests?

Thanks so much for any recommendations or input!

You will probably be at the younger end of the scale

Celebrity NOT a Lux line you may fit in better there if you are worried

You could try Seadream a younger crowd

Premium line like Oceania or Azamara

Yes you will be some of the youngest guests. Doesn't bother us to be honest (I am 30 and DH is 28) we find enough to occupy and entertain us. Depends what you gone s cruise for though.

Look on the Crystal message boards. People your age asking the same thing. Crystal more all inclusive than celebrity.

Sorry that I have to say this......Crystal is not a carnival ship and is a wee bit more dignified than a party ship but crystal passengers know how to have fun!

Read the take on first timers to be found on Crystals message boards by Keith1010. :)

I'd look at all the different cruise lines. If you maybe looked at Royal Caribbean, but got a suite, it might be more enjoyable if you wanted the perks?

My first cruise was a five star cruise & although it was nice, it's the people who make it, (in my opinion). I enjoyed it, but it was nothing compared to my other cruises on four star ships...

Just food for thought. :-)

We did Celebrity in our 30s to the Med, and no age issues unless you make it one. I also started cruising Cunard in my 30s, and no age issues.

Now, I am 56 years old, and my best friend is 75, and another is 74.

As long as I am not on a "nursing home" ship, I'll be fine, and NEVER had an issue with people older than me.

Celebrity IS luxury and a great choice. They have a good demographic.

You will probably be at the younger end of the scale

Celebrity NOT a Lux line you may fit in better there if you are worried

You could try Seadream a younger crowd

Premium line like Oceania or Azamara

I've seen a fair share of savvy young professional couples on Oceania, even with kids in tow during the summer to family friendly places like Alaska.

I advise against mass market lines, including the "better" ones like Celebrity, for all of the obvious reasons. Visit the Oceania board on CC and you'll get a better idea of what sets O apart.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

I've seen a fair share of savvy young professional couples on Oceania, even with kids in tow during the summer to family friendly places like Alaska.

I advise against mass market lines, including the "better" ones like Celebrity, for all of the obvious reasons. Visit the Oceania board on CC and you'll get a better idea of what sets O apart.

:confused::confused:

Not sure why you quoted me

I would not refer people to a Main stream line if they asked about Luxury lines

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, you will be among the youngest guests, but that also depends on time of year and length of cruise. Holidays and shorter cruises tend to bring a younger demographic.

As has already been mentioned, Celebrity is not a luxury line. Crystal is nice what other lines are you looking at? What is it you want from your cruising experience? Aside from being in the Med and a luxury line, what are you looking for?

Also

That information will help us to point you in the right direction.

Aside from what has already been mentioned above you may want to look at Regent, Sea Dream, Seabourn or Silversea. Or if you don't have to be on a luxury line you may want to explore more European lines such as Costa or MSC.

Edited by Lerin

My wife and I did the Med this past August aboard the Windstar Pride. The Windstar Pride used to be one of the three Seaborne ships (I've sailed on the Seaborne Pride and Spirit several times before Windstar bought them and know them very well). The base accommodations on the Windstar Pride and her sister ships are all 277 sq. ft. outboard suites. When fully booked these identical ships carry only 212 passengers. You will not be wasting time standing in any lines. The owners suites are huge and to me a waste of money on these ships because the 'base' accommodations are all a discriminating traveler could want. I really don't need a butler to unpack my cloths or draw a bath for me :confused:. Each suite has a twin sink marble bathroom with marble tub and shower as well as walk in closets. The Pride isn't as 'formal" as she was under the Seaborne flag. There are no formal nights on Windstar ships but her guests always look country club fresh in the evening and know manners. Windstar is not an all inclusive line like Seaborne so if you drink you'll want the all inclusive beverage package :rolleyes:. No money saved but very convenient. The accommodations, food and service are still yacht like - just as it was when she was a Seaborne ship. If you're looking for a glitzy expensive 'Vegas like experience with propellers skip these ships - they stopped at tastefully appointed, no glitz - which is fine by me :).

Addressing one of your concerns, there were quite a few passengers on board on our cruise that were pretty close to your age (30 - 45) as well as others (50 - mid 60s) that were hardly 'old' either physically or in spirit. I love kids but not on a cruise ship. We saw none as these ships were not intended to be nurseries.

Besides sailing on board Seaborne ships I've sailed on QE2, QM2 ('Grill' accommodations), [Cunard] Sea Goddess as well as the Crystal Symphony. Most travelers consider all of those ships to be in the luxury class. All of them were wonderful experiences but were I to do another Med cruise (likely) I'd book one of the three Windstar 'yachts' in a heart beat. If you want to do the Med take a look at the three Windstar 'yachts' (not the sail assisted ships in their fleet as they are not sold as nor were they intended to be luxury ships). An added bonus is that the three Windstar 'yachts can go to ports that the big guys have to pass up. These ships can travel through the Corinth Canal (look it up ;). Hope I've given you some useful information. Regardless what ship you choose enjoy your cruise ;).

I'd look at all the different cruise lines. If you maybe looked at Royal Caribbean, but got a suite, it might be more enjoyable if you wanted the perks?

My first cruise was a five star cruise & although it was nice, it's the people who make it, (in my opinion). I enjoyed it, but it was nothing compared to my other cruises on four star ships...

Just food for thought. :-)

I am with you, do a RCCL but get a Grand suite with all the perks, I think you will find a younger crowd on 7 day cruise rather than 10 and more.