Concerned about connecting cabins on Sunset cat

PoppyandNana

We currently are booked on the Equinox in a 8000 series balcony. Considering "upgrading" to 6307 on sunset deck. From deck plans I see all the cabins on that aft area are inter connecting.

Once before we had an interconnecting cabin and hated it. Could hear everything from next door. See that this cabin connects to the suite next door. So wouldn't this be a negative for the suite passengers.

One more thing. Looks 6300 series are above the restaurant.

What would all you experts out there recommend?

First of all, I think you are a little lost...6307 is on the Continental deck, deck 6. the deck above is the Sunrise deck. that said, I do not know how 6307 connects to the suite next door, But I can tell you that there is not a connecting interior door between the cabins on deck 8. Those cabins can be made to connect by the formation of an outer vestibule.

P1020666_zps7e098d61.jpgP1020667_zps467906d9.jpg

The two pictures above are of two cabins that 'connect. The white doors are the cabin doors, and are just like all the non-connecting cabin doors except the handles are on the outside and then open in. Note the wood finish door with hinges at 90 degree angle. The picture below shows those doors pulled out to close and form a sort of two cabin suite. The inner doors can then be left open so you can visit between the cabins with out going outside, or to keep and ear on children.

P1040647_zpskg5bpz6a.jpg

There is no problem being above the restaurant. There is no problem being below the restaurant, as the area is carpeted, but below the galley might be noisy.

EM

Edited by Essiesmom

We were in one of the aft corner S1 suites and I can confirm that the connecting door is formed by creating an entrance hallway in the corridor, there is no door in the wall between the suite and the sunset veranda stateroom. So as said above no more noise transferred than in a non connecting room

Our favourite staterooms are on deck 6, SV.

The picture is exactly as it is, and we've never had any noise being above Tuscan grille.

These are wonderful, and the views are amazing. However, don't forget, it's a loooooooog walk from the elevators,lol

Lou

We currently are booked on the Equinox in a 8000 series balcony. Considering "upgrading" to 6307 on sunset deck. From deck plans I see all the cabins on that aft area are inter connecting.

Once before we had an interconnecting cabin and hated it. Could hear everything from next door. See that this cabin connects to the suite next door. So wouldn't this be a negative for the suite passengers.

Assuming you are correct on the cabin number on deck 6 I've been in one of the S1s and this is a view from the door out toward the alcove with the equivalent adjoining cabin and its door to the left. There is only the S1 and your cabin in the alcove, no connecting door. Although 6307 has one of the smaller aft facing balconies it benefits by not having the door to the neighbouring cabin right next to it as is shown in the first pictures in this thread. It therefore doesn't suffer if your neighbours slam their cabin door.

DSCN0620_zpsc5448cb7.jpg

Phil

Great pictures. The connecting cabins on S class ships connect on the outside of the cabin not via a door on the interior. No noise because of the connecting cabin.

That's true with the exception of Reflection. She has the connection in the bulkhead between the two cabins, not out in the alcove like the other S-Class ships. I haven't read any reviews concerning noise between the two cabins as it must be well insulated.

Thanks everybody for your insight and comments. Much appreciated. Special thanks for those that took the time and effort to attach photographs.

May I ask one more question on the subject? Have heard that soot blowback can be a problem. Also, will be in the Caribbean in January. Will excessive heat due to being out of the prevailing winds be an issue?

Thanks again

Nana and Poppy

Thanks everybody for your insight and comments. Much appreciated. Special thanks for those that took the time and effort to attach photographs.

May I ask one more question on the subject? Have heard that soot blowback can be a problem. Also, will be in the Caribbean in January. Will excessive heat due to being out of the prevailing winds be an issue?

Thanks again

Nana and Poppy

There's very little overhang on those aft balconies, so if you are looking for some shade on your balcony, you won't find it.

Thanks again

Nana and Poppy

You may get soot, but I couldn't categorically say you will. It's so dependent upon wind direction as to which way the smoke blows. Deck six has little cover and I did get some soot occasionally, but not lots. You are right that you won't get much breeze back there. Being nearer the corner you may get more. I was in 6315 a while ago and it was very calm on the balcony, but it was a transatlantic. The aft view is great and I loved the location. Nice and quiet with little passing traffic.

Phil