Which Carnival Offering do You Feel Are UNDERrated?

Cabins with 3 closets gives plenty of storage.

Robes in all cabins (not just balconies & suites).

Beach towels in the room - I like not having to go to the pool area to check one out on port days and then have to remember to check it back in by the pool. It's nice to have it ready to pack & then have it picked up with your bath towels later.

Serenity area. Just wish it had its own pool.

24/7 ice cream & pizza - never knew how much I enjoyed it until I went on a different line.

Self serve laundry - I rarely iron or do laundry on board, but on the few times I needed to, it was so nice not to have to pay an arm & a leg for someone else to do it and wonder if they would lose something or ruin something.

Movies under the stars with popcorn!

The staff is great, but I've experienced that with other lines as well.

Towel animals every night.

There are so many that jump to my mind (staff, cabins, food, entertainmentm etc.) but I'm thinking Carnival, as a whole, is underrated. We've been on five Carnival cruises and will be on #6 this September and have always had a wonderful experience. Has everything been perfect? No, but those have been minor and not big enough problems to ruin a vacation. That goes with every vacation and daily life in general.

Carnival really is underrated! We have never had a bad time on a cruise.

Like you, a couple of very minor issues, but overall every cruise has been very positive!

We don't have anything else to compare it to, however. We are taking our next cruise on a non Carnival ship and I'm very nervous! The only reason we booked with this line is for the Hawaiian itinerary. Otherwise, it would have been Carnival! [emoji568]

When you're out on the big ocean or you're just sitting back and the captain or cruise director comes over the loud speaker Goooooooooood morning. It just sends this happy feeling through my body.

The fact that I don't have to cook or clean at all.

the staff! From the cooks at Guys, to the baconator, to bartenders and stewards, they are all amazing. How do they learn names so quickly?? We had one cruise where half the crew seemed to know my son's name. Photographers, stewards, dining room workers - they'd all high five him and call him by name. I love that the stewards make a big effort to remember names. I love coming home from a port day and being greeted by name and a smile and asking how our day was.

I have not cruised another line yet because Carnival's prices are the best when I can cruise so the start of my list will be;

Price!

Itineraries are great

The staff is wonderful- everyone seems to remember you

Staterooms are wonderful and I love balconies

John Heald- he does so much and yet catches way too much grief

The mix of activities- you can find space to be quiet or to be crazy and everything in between

Chef's Table

Steam rooms for free

FunTimes and the little rip-off sheet

The whole atmosphere from the décor to the Good Mornings that that lets me know I'm on a cruise!!!!!!

In the interest of balance, since we already have a thread regarding overrated "Carnival Items," which aspects of Carnival's ships and vacations do you feel don't get enough praise? I'll start the show.

1. The Staterooms. I've sailed on four cruise lines at least once and Carnival's staterooms are easily my favorite. I won't mention what I didn't like about the competitor's cabins, but will stick with what I like about the rooms Carnival offers us. The beds are comfortable. The rooms are laid out to be functional and cozy. There is ample storage space. And I even like the décor. Note* I've never booked an inside cabin, so I can't speak to those. We book a balcony stateroom, Cat. 8B, 8C, or Cove. Also, I can't speak to aft balconies, nor suites, but I'd venture a guess that those equal, or exceed, what other cruise lines offer in those categories.

Next up...

I've read that Carnival staterooms are larger than the ones in other cruise lines.

In the interest of balance--under-rated:

The Warm Chocolate Melting Cake--gooey and good!

Guy's Burgers--greasy and delicious!

John Heald---Follow him on Facebook--he really makes an effort to do his job well--there are alot of people who could learn something from him.

Also--99.99% of all staff members on all Carnival ships---we've been very fortunate to meet some of the best people from around the world that have really wanted to do a good job for us--the service level has been outstanding!!

Human-sized showers (and bathrooms in general).

Self-serve laundry facilities aren't necessarily a deal breaker, but I like having them even if I never use them.

I can almost always find skim milk at the buffets on Carnival at times other than breakfast without having to ask for it.

Interesting mix of "differently" sized cabins in the same cabin category. They're not all cookie-cutter, as in some other cruise lines.

Edited by buckirj1
riffles

The food in the mdr for breakfast and dinner. I have been on 4 different cruise lines and the mdr food is an exceptional value. It is not 5 star but the price you are paying it is 5 star. Even if you want an upgrade, the steakhouse is still a bargain.

Those who complain about the food is most likely to be the buffet.

Also, the price and ports. The port choices are the best.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

This is a thread I can get with.

Mine are:

The staterooms - especially the Grand Scenic Oceanview!

Cleanliness of the ship

The Crew, the Crew, the Crew! (patient, friendly, accommodating - they don't get enough credit)

Let me also add:

Ceasar salad

Warm chocolate chip cookies

soft serve ice cream that is available 24/7

Omelette Station