aussie dollar

The email would have gone to your TA (if you have one) and the OBC will not show in MY Celebrity as it is a gift (even though you did it yourself). Take your paperwork with you just in case.:D

I booked that cruise directly with Celebrity so should get the email directly. Celebrity actually had the best deal on the day I booked it which surprised me, plus they offered an extra $100 OBC on top of the Pick Your Perk.

I booked that cruise directly with Celebrity so should get the email directly. Celebrity actually had the best deal on the day I booked it which surprised me, plus they offered an extra $100 OBC on top of the Pick Your Perk.

Agreed, even if you booked through a TA the e-mail is still sent to you as you paid for it directly.

(The booking confirmation would be available through the TA in that case though.)

When I have booked directly, the OBC confirmation I bought was sent to me directly within minutes of them processing the request. When booked through a TA the confirmation was sent to the TA (with no email to me at all). In either case, the OBC does not show in MY Celebrity.

Good score on the cruise.:D

When I have booked directly, the OBC confirmation I bought was sent to me directly within minutes of them processing the request. When booked through a TA the confirmation was sent to the TA (with no email to me at all). In either case, the OBC does not show in MY Celebrity.

Good score on the cruise.:D

No sign of the email yet :(

I'll get DH to check the credit card account when he gets a chance then call them again.

It is showing on my Celebrity account ... in a very strange manner.

Cruise Fare: 5,180.80

Taxes & Fees 323.68

Gratuities: 253.52

Other Options:

PYPPROMO1 -1,316.00

BEVCLINGRAT 1,316.00

Total (AUD) 5,758.00

Payments (AUD) -1,253.60

Balance Due (AUD) 4,958.00

Can you spot it?

Hint - there is a mathematical error above.

So you paid $800 deposit, but then bought $453.60 of gratuities?

Classic package, gratuities and OBC. Looks like you're well sorted!

Well done! Go to the top of the class. :D

So it looks like the payment does show on the account but is not shown as an individual item. Weird!

• 4 weeks later...
I bought some OBC yesterday through the Princess website and was a little concerned when nothing came up to tell me that the transaction had been successful. I logged out and then back in and the credit was there.

We also received an email from Princess showing confirmation and a payment summary. However, this unfortunately only showed our AUD payment. We just have to wait until we get on board on Friday (typhoon permitting) to see if it converts to USD at the 0.90 cents rate.

Further to my previous post above.

We enjoyed our Grand Japan Cruise and were not affected by the typhoons/rain depression.

Our prepaid OBC and gifted OBC from the TA were shown on our account and we received a corresponding gift certificate in our cabin, for each of the $100 USD amounts credited.

As we paid in AUD, the rate was credited at $0.90 USD, much better than the ship's onboard conversion rate of 69 cents.