aussie dollar

Trying to do anything on the Celebrity website on a Sunday is always fraught - it is well known that it is (even more) difficult on Sundays.

Oh yeah. And this 20 minute time out is just ridiculous.

I prefer to buy the OBC over the phone, last time I purchased some I did it through the website, and it said it failed. Bought some over the phone instead and then one week later the website deal went through. I now have double the OBC (not complaining) but the website is horrendous. Pushka, you may end up with double OBC as well, check you Credit card tomorrow and next week.:D

I prefer to buy the OBC over the phone, last time I purchased some I did it through the website, and it said it failed. Bought some over the phone instead and then one week later the website deal went through. I now have double the OBC (not complaining) but the website is horrendous. Pushka, you may end up with double OBC as well, check you Credit card tomorrow and next week.:D

I bought some OBC yesterday through the Princess website and was a little concerned when nothing came up to tell me that the transaction had been successful. I logged out and then back in and the credit was there.

We also received an email from Princess showing confirmation and a payment summary. However, this unfortunately only showed our AUD payment. We just have to wait until we get on board on Friday (typhoon permitting) to see if it converts to USD at the 0.90 cents rate.

I bought some OBC yesterday through the Princess website and was a little concerned when nothing came up to tell me that the transaction had been successful. I logged out and then back in and the credit was there.

We also received an email from Princess showing confirmation and a payment summary. However, this unfortunately only showed our AUD payment. We just have to wait until we get on board on Friday (typhoon permitting) to see if it converts to USD at the 0.90 cents rate.

Good work, I wish you luck with the weather and your sailing. :D

Mic? Pushka? Anyone?

What number do you call to buy OBC for Celebrity?

I've been ringing the number on the Celebrity website - Royal Caribbean Cruise (Australia) Pty Ltd, 02 4331 5400, and just can't get through.

Mic? Pushka? Anyone?

I've been ringing the number on the Celebrity website - Royal Caribbean Cruise (Australia) Pty Ltd, 02 4331 5400, and just can't get through.

Are you sure it's "43" not "93" 43 is the Central Coast.

Are you sure it's "43" not "93" 43 is the Central Coast.

That's what it says on the website:

+61 (2) 4331 5400

Given the address is Millers Point, 93 would make more sense.

I'll check the number online.

Thanks GUT.

I finally found a working number for RCI/Celebrity. I had to go back to the confirmation email for the cruise.

It's 1800 754 500 if anyone else wants it.

They are offering US $1 to AU $1.30 at the moment. Currency exchange shows $1.35, so a small saving.

I finally found a working number for RCI/Celebrity. I had to go back to the confirmation email for the cruise.

They are offering US $1 to AU $1.30 at the moment. Currency exchange shows $1.35, so a small saving.

Better than nothing pity it's not still dollar for dollar like a short while back.

That sounds like their old number.

Glad you found the new one.

That's the number still showing on their website. Crazy! I wonder how many customers they've lost because if that. :confused:

Mic? Pushka? Anyone?

I call the 1800 number.:D

0.78 is better than 0.74.:D

That's the number still showing on their website. Crazy! I wonder how many customers they've lost because if that. :confused:

Probably the same amount as those they lost due to their website booking glitches.:(

Edited by MicCanberra

Ive only called Celebrity once and their answer was very wrong. They said I couldnt book a guaranty (a great deal) with an existing booking as the system would revert to the original booking. I decided to ignore their 'advice' and went ahead and booked the guaranty then cancel the original. Worked a treat.

Next question.

How long does an email take to arrive from Celebrity. The chap I spoke to on the phone about the OBC said he had sent an email to confirm the transaction. No sign of it so far. :mad:

Also where (if anywhere) does that OBC show up on your booking?

Our TA OBC never showed up. But it was there on the ship. I think they need to background process the credit card so check if it appears as pending on your statement. We purchased an excursion a few days ago and confirmation email came a few hours later.

Not surprised. Their web site is a bit of a mess, with old information appearing at times e.g. I remember last year we found pages with differing formal nights. There were also pages with old gratuity amounts for some time.

I don't think you'll find too many defenders of their web site. ;)

How long does an email take to arrive from Celebrity. The chap I spoke to on the phone about the OBC said he had sent an email to confirm the transaction. No sign of it so far. :mad:

Not sure the first can be answered. It depends on how its processed, and their system has changed over time as well.

However, for the second... there's no display of it. You're best off keeping the e-mail they send, or booking confirmation which will have it. But they are very (but not 100%) reliable in delivering it when it's been purchased.

Next question.

The email would have gone to your TA (if you have one) and the OBC will not show in MY Celebrity as it is a gift (even though you did it yourself). Take your paperwork with you just in case.:D