Just accepted 'upsell offer' to a WS on Grand Princess

AMcG

We are doing a B2B Alaskan cruises from Vancouver on August 15th and 22nd. Our young adult children are cruising with us and were booked next to us in 'obstructed view' stateroom on Emerald deck. I hand-picked those staterooms based on last year's experience and they are actually not that obstructed at all. We were planning on staying in the same staterooms for the entire 14 days, when this offer for just the Northbound cruise arrived by email. I called, left a message and within an hour we were switched to window suites on Fiesta for $199 per person.

The children and I are very excited about this new experience. We already love cruising, so this is going to be a welcome bonus at a great price!

Congratulations! I would have jumped on that myself! I sure hope the WS are on the 2nd leg of your cruise because I think you will have a hard time going back to the regular cabins after that. Have a great cruise and enjoy the benefits that the WS have to offer!

We were on the Grand last August in their window suite . . .LOVED IT! Breakfast at Sabatini's . . . your family will not be able to go with you, but I would recommend having your other meals with them and experiencing this unique breakfast experience and one time is not enough. The upside is your room is large enough that you can have the family meet at your place and their is room for them to wait if you aren't quite ready yet . . . It is so centrally located, very sweet! Enjoy!

We took an upsell on our Ensenada cruise last December and would do it again in a heartbeat. Great location, great room, great perks - but I think I've created a monster as Mrs. Grey's reaction to our balcony cabin on our upcoming cruise was "What... only a balcony???" :eek:

Enjoy yourselves!

Grey

We were in a Window Suite on the Grand Princess this past May to Alaska. They are wonderful! In addition to the great suite perks, what we found was that it was very convenient to everything that was of interest to us (Anytime Dining Rooms, shopping, Crooners, Princess Theater as well as just one deck up to Promenade to open deck). Plus having a hallway/corridor just for the Window Suites, it was very quiet! We would book a Window Suite again in a heartbeat! Enjoy!

Brian

We were in a Window Suite on the Grand Princess this past May to Alaska. They are wonderful! In addition to the great suite perks, what we found was that it was very convenient to everything that was of interest to us (Anytime Dining Rooms, shopping, Crooners, Princess Theater as well as just one deck up to Promenade to open deck). Plus having a hallway/corridor just for the Window Suites, it was very quiet! We would book a Window Suite again in a heartbeat! Enjoy!

Brian

Sssh! Let the WS be our little secret [emoji33]

We are doing a B2B Alaskan cruises from Vancouver on August 15th and 22nd. Our young adult children are cruising with us and were booked next to us in 'obstructed view' stateroom on Emerald deck. I hand-picked those staterooms based on last year's experience and they are actually not that obstructed at all. We were planning on staying in the same staterooms for the entire 14 days, when this offer for just the Northbound cruise arrived by email. I called, left a message and within an hour we were switched to window suites on Fiesta for $199 per person.

The children and I are very excited about this new experience. We already love cruising, so this is going to be a welcome bonus at a great price!

Respectfully, might I suggest keeping the mini bar contents for the second cruise if possible (don't know if luggage is inspected). This should "extend" the Suite experience a bit. Equally, if irrelevant just ignore.

ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!

That is exactly what we were going to do, keep the tiny bottles for the return trip. I don't think anybody will care, as the luggage will just move two decks up. We are really looking forward to breakfast at Sabatini's. Looking for a table at Horizon Court in the morning can be really trying.

You know that your room steward will help you move your stuff, right? They will move all of the hanging items, and the drawers (which they will exchange with the ones in the new cabin). All you will have to pack is anything that is in open areas, like the top of the desk or bathroom, the shelves by the safe, etc. Make sure you talk with your steward about this.

Enjoy the Window Suite. Its my favorite place to stay. And I love Sabatini's for breakfast.

If nobody mentioned it, you can also go to Crown Grill or Sabatini's for free (but don't forget the tip!) your first night, too. Just make sure to call the dine line as soon as you get to your cabin to make a reservation.

M.

You know that your room steward will help you move your stuff, right? They will move all of the hanging items, and the drawers (which they will exchange with the ones in the new cabin). All you will have to pack is anything that is in open areas, like the top of the desk or bathroom, the shelves by the safe, etc.

Are you saying a window suite has the same size and number of drawers as in a regular cabin so that such an exchange can be made?

Are you saying a window suite has the same size and number of drawers as in a regular cabin so that such an exchange can be made?

There are 21 drawers in the window suite that are specific to that cabin category. You will have to take everything out of the drawers and pack them. They will hang your clothes on a luggage rack and transfer you to your new cabin. You should be settled in before you report for your in-transit meeting.

You will not be able to take the drawers with you.

We don't have any problems packing up anything folded, but, if they can move the hanging stuff, that would help to keep the wrinkles out of our formal wear, I suppose. Thank you for that suggestion.

Enjoy your WS, they are wonderful and the location is perfect IMHO! What a treat for you family.

Another bonus is that you can make reservations for anytime dining ( if you are not in fixed seating) and also order from the dining menu and have dinner in your room. Suite (sweet) perk!

Free laundry will also cut down on packing for 14 days.

Happy cruising in Alaska.

You know that your room steward will help you move your stuff, right? They will move all of the hanging items, and the drawers (which they will exchange with the ones in the new cabin). All you will have to pack is anything that is in open areas, like the top of the desk or bathroom, the shelves by the safe, etc. Make sure you talk with your steward about this.

Enjoy the Window Suite. Its my favorite place to stay. And I love Sabatini's for breakfast.

If nobody mentioned it, you can also go to Crown Grill or Sabatini's for free (but don't forget the tip!) your first night, too. Just make sure to call the dine line as soon as you get to your cabin to make a reservation.

M.

It would be better to just empty the drawers rather then try and take them for exchange.

It would be better to just empty the drawers rather then try and take them for exchange.
I believe that the typical process is that you transfer all items from your drawers to your suitcases. Your steward should move the suitcases and all items on hangers.