JS on Legend of the Seas.

We are doing a 14 night cruise to NZ and I have a couple of questions if anyone can help. Do they supply bathrobes in Junior suites? If not, can anyone tell me if they are good quality and worth purchasing? As it's our first cruise on RCI I am not familiar with any, if any, perks in the JS. Any suggestions on shore cruises would be most welcome.

Thanks,

We are doing a 14 night cruise to NZ and I have a couple of questions if anyone can help. Do they supply bathrobes in Junior suites? If not, can anyone tell me if they are good quality and worth purchasing? As it's our first cruise on RCI I am not familiar with any, if any, perks in the JS. Any suggestions on shore cruises would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Robes are usually supplied to guests in JS and better staterooms.

JS Perks:

Bathtub, walk-in closet (all but Majesty and Vision class), priority check-in and boarding, tea kettle, coffee maker, bathroom amenities, robes, double C&A points, and a silver Seapass card.

Thanks Clarea. What is the difference with having the silver sea pass card?

Not a thing really. It just shows that you are in a junior suite instead of a regular stateroom.

They are a nice size, except that the one on Vision had a bit too much furniture in it. We had to maneuver around it to get to the balcony. Enjoy! :D

Not a thing really. It just shows that you are in a junior suite instead of a regular stateroom.

They are a nice size, except that the one on Vision had a bit too much furniture in it. We had to maneuver around it to get to the balcony. Enjoy! :D

I only had that problem on the Enchantment. Did you experience it on a different Vision class ship?

I only had that problem on the Enchantment. Did you experience it on a different Vision class ship?

Yes, on Vision. 8088 I think, coveted corner port aft. I am on the (OLD) computer and I can't open the website to check. Geek Squad has mine for repair. :( 3 chairs plus an ottoman, coffee table and couch. :D

Edited by Coralc

Yes, on Vision. 8088 I think, coveted corner port aft. I am on the (OLD) computer and I can't open the website to check. Geek Squad has mine for repair. :( 3 chairs plus an ottoman, coffee table and couch. :D

That's exactly what I experienced on the Enchantment! In an aft!

Let's see.........don't know if this picture makes it clear. (Did NOT have this problem on a side Grandeur or Legend JS)

See how close the furniture is to the bed? Touching!

DSC06183_zps5af9cf89.jpg

DSC06185_zps767c3759.jpg

We cruised on the Legend Honolulu to Sydney in May/June and there were two bathrobes in the cupboard.

We had an aft-facing JS which was 8086 - the best. The corner aft-facing JS on the Legend are not like the Rhapsody. They don't wrap around and in fact are quite a bit smaller than 8086, 8084 and 8085 - here are some photos:

izvo8j.jpg

204k6c.jpg

and the balcony:)

25jehd3.jpg

Cheers

Di

Thanks for that Di. I saw some not so great comments about your cruise....did you enjoy it? I would love to try an aft facing cabin, maybe next cruise! We are booked in 8566 and all the JS are booked out for our cruise, so don't think we'd be able to change. Did you find there was a lot of movement? :) :)

Thanks for that Di. I saw some not so great comments about your cruise....did you enjoy it? I would love to try an aft facing cabin, maybe next cruise! We are booked in 8566 and all the JS are booked out for our cruise, so don't think we'd be able to change. Did you find there was a lot of movement? :) :)

We enjoyed the Legend and loved that aft-facing balcony. When on Vision Class we always take an aft-facing JS because the noise from above in a GS or OS is too much for me (I'm a light sleeper). We had a bit of soot a couple of mornings but movement was okay except for one night in rough seas, so to be expected down the back.

I'm not sure why people didn't enjoy the cruise although we did spend a lot of time on our balcony. We were late leaving Honolulu (actually didn't leave until lunchtime the following day) and I noticed a lot of people swapping cabins and got the impression there may have been a major sewerage problem but as you know, they rarely ever tell you what the problem is/was.

We will definitely cruise on the Legend again.

Cheers

Di

We looked at the GS and decided against them as they are forward. I'm hoping the cabin we chose is quiet enough, although it's under the aerobics room I think! Won't bother me much as I'm deaf in one ear and can easily block out the noise lol....not sure about hubby tho!!

We are thinking of HK to Brissie next Oct. just keeping an eye on prices at the moment so might consider the aft facing cabins. My DH wants to wait till we board in January before we decide.

Glad to know you'd be happy to cruise on her again.

Thanks again Di.

We was on 8566 also :-) so you have seen your cabin :p

Enjoy !

One thing : we had have problems ~10pm because of noise from aerobic room ( but we are people they go early to bed :-) ) Stand up at 6-7 am again..., we complain: it was the fact, that the CREW train with jumps etc. it would be better then ( mostly)

So cross fingers you go to bed later ...

Edited by elvismeggi